** August 2019 Testing Thread**

Okay, so thought I’d jump on making a new testing thread.

I had my vaginal ultrasound scan yesterday to check that my uterus and ovaries were all working as they should.
The nurse said she sees nothing that would make her think anything was wrong so I am really happy about that.

But what she did say is I am literally about to ovulate from my left side in the next couple of days. I was in absolute shock because I got a peak on my tests over a week ago. I clearly was revving up for ov and it didn’t happen?! I must have completely missed a cycle, or this cycle is just going to be the longest on record. I am CD32 today! I did think it was weird that my boobs haven’t hurt at all this cycle and this obviously explains it!!

She adviced I went home from the appointment and DTD for the next few days so out come the pre-seed again last night (I made sure the fan was on its highest level haha)

Last edited:

I had my vaginal ultrasound scan yesterday to check that my uterus and ovaries were all working as they should.
The nurse said she sees nothing that would make her think anything was wrong so I am really happy about that
But what she did say is I am literally about to ovulate from my left side in the next couple of days. I was in absolute shock because I got a peak on my tests over a week ago. I clearly was revving up for ov and it didn’t happen?! I must have completely missed a cycle, or this cycle is just going to be the longest on record. I am CD32 today! I did think it was weird that my boobs haven’t hurt at all this cycle and this obviously explains it!!

She adviced I went home from the appointment and DTD for the next few days so out come the pre-seed again last night (I made sure the fan was on its highest level haha)

Wow thats amazing. I had a feeling they would be able to tell you something like that!
but jeez what a awful cycle for you? so so long? any reason why you think that may have happened? new supplement etc? supplements can do some strange things. my June cycle i was quite stressed as no opks were positive and i had no real signs of O, i O cd:18 in the end so i wasnt that late but still!!! I was ready to blame myo inositol, as i was taking double that month and cause its mostly for pcos i was suspicious.. lol!

Wow thats amazing. I had a feeling they would be able to tell you something like that!
but jeez what a awful cycle for you? so so long? any reason why you think that may have happened? new supplement etc? supplements can do some strange things. my June cycle i was quite stressed as no opks were positive and i had no real signs of O, i O cd:18 in the end so i wasnt that late but still!!! I was ready to blame myo inositol, as i was taking double that month and cause its mostly for pcos i was suspicious.. lol!
I know it’s going to be a long cycle but let’s hope it’s a lucky one too!
I run out of Maca so I have a feeling that might be the reason? Who knows?!
I definitely haven’t been stressed this cycle as had my holiday to look forward too etc. Just a bit peed off I used loads of pre-seed over my holiday as I thought I was going to ovulate while I was there but oh well thank god I have some left! Xx

Oh wow @chattychar1990 good job you had the appointment then as with this heat you’d have missed it! Honestly I don’t know how you summoned up the strength to do it at all! Best of luck that the pressed gets you that bfp.

I’m cd4 this month and I’ve ditched all of my supplements apart from seven seas trying for a baby and inofolic as my last natural cycles have been quite long so seeing if that has any impact. Also will try opks again this month. Dh wants to just be casual until ivf but not knowing when my period was due sent me over the edge so I’m going to start using them again.

I know it’s going to be a long cycle but let’s hope it’s a lucky one too!
I run out of Maca so I have a feeling that might be the reason? Who knows?!
I definitely haven’t been stressed this cycle as had my holiday to look forward too etc. Just a bit peed off I used loads of pre-seed over my holiday as I thought I was going to ovulate while I was there but oh well thank god I have some left! Xx

Yeh it just a little "weird" that thats happened right? not to say it wont be lucky cause you really never know but.. just perhaps think about if youve added anything or taken something away cause IF it isnt lucky you dont wanna start Ovulating day 31 etc.. did you mention to nurse that your day 31? was she concerned or have any advice herself?

Oh wow @chattychar1990 good job you had the appointment then as with this heat you’d have missed it! Honestly I don’t know how you summoned up the strength to do it at all! Best of luck that the pressed gets you that bfp.

I’m cd4 this month and I’ve ditched all of my supplements apart from seven seas trying for a baby and inofolic as my last natural cycles have been quite long so seeing if that has any impact. Also will try opks again this month. Dh wants to just be casual until ivf but not knowing when my period was due sent me over the edge so I’m going to start using them again.
@SugaryIris You are so right hun, we definitely would have missed it. Glad it has cooled down a little today because I will jump the OH again when he is home from work today lol!
I have gone back onto seven seas and staying with omega 3 too. I am getting rid of the clear blue opks because they gave me false hope. Just going to use a couple of cheapies over the next couple of days to see if the nurses words are true (I am sure they are, she bloody see my insides haha)
I hope you beat the ivf hun I really do. Surely we are due some luck :clover: xx

@SugaryIris You are so right hun, we definitely would have missed it. Glad it has cooled down a little today because I will jump the OH again when he is home from work today lol!
I have gone back onto seven seas and staying with omega 3 too. I am getting rid of the clear blue opks because they gave me false hope. Just going to use a couple of cheapies over the next couple of days to see if the nurses words are true (I am sure they are, she bloody see my insides haha)
I hope you beat the ivf hun I really do. Surely we are due some luck :clover: xx

@SugaryIris @chattychar1990
:dust::dust::dust:
Beat the dang IVF Sugar. I just did! (literally just in time)
Also agree with Char, had i gone by OPKs I really believe we may not have caught as i tested Sunday am and apparently ovulated Sunday as well (could tell by more pain then usual ovulation)..
We only DTD Fri/Sat cause of the set of circumstances that come about.. i believe that, tho it was a horrible 2 days for us, it was all really meant to be! (weirdly haha)

Last edited:

I might try cheapies, I haven’t ever really tried them as I thought they’d be massively inconvenient but with my longer cycles I have to buy the 20packs if clear blue and it’s expensivd lol!

You are so right, we both need some lady luck in our lives! It will happen for us both one day, just gotta keep swimming (in the words of dory)
Xxx:terrie:

@chattychar1990 that’s such a strange cycle for you!! Have you had many other ovulation signs? Ewcm or anything? I’m starting to think maybe I didn’t quite ovulate at all maybe it’s still to come! X

@chattychar1990 that’s such a strange cycle for you!! Have you had many other ovulation signs? Ewcm or anything? I’m starting to think maybe I didn’t quite ovulate at all maybe it’s still to come! X
I never really get EWCM I just get gushes of creamy CM (soz lol) not really paid attention to it though tbh as I have been on holiday so was just relaxing and not really thinking about it xx

The nurse said she sees nothing that would make her think anything was wrong so I am really happy about that.

Brilliant!! Sometimes we just assume those tests work and they can be way off. Good luck for this month!!

Could I please have the 16th x

How lucky was that!? If you hadn't had that scan, you would have been ripping your hair out if AF was late!
That was what happened with my DD as well, I had a check up around cd 16 and thought I already had ovulated but the gynaecologist told me I was about to ovulate the day after or so. I literally jumped on the oh as soon as I got home! We dtd 3 times that day, was a bit too much but it worked!
Hope you catch that egg @chattychar1990 !:cheer::cheer:

How lucky was that!? If you hadn't had that scan, you would have been ripping your hair out if AF was late!
That was what happened with my DD as well, I had a check up around cd 16 and thought I already had ovulated but the gynaecologist told me I was about to ovulate the day after or so. I literally jumped on the oh as soon as I got home! We dtd 3 times that day, was a bit too much but it worked!
Hope you catch that egg @chattychar1990 !:cheer::cheer:
I feel like that appointment was meant to be yesterday and I had to change the date because of it clashing with holiday. The OH came with me to the appointment and he said ‘I know what we will be doing when he get in’ haha.
I will be jumping on him when he gets in from work this evening and might even try twice @Kitana xx

I feel like that appointment was meant to be yesterday and I had to change the date because of it clashing with holiday. The OH came with me to the appointment and he said ‘I know what we will be doing when he get in’ haha.
I will be jumping on him when he gets in from work this evening and might even try twice @Kitana xx
:cheer::cheer::bd::cheer::cheer:

I’ve been given the green light to start ttc again now that my thyroid is under control. Honestly I think having a cycle off done me a lot of good as I was going into cycle 8 and getting so fed up.

Hope everyone is doing well! char so glad you had your scan when you did! I wouldn’t worry about your supplements etc at this point, it’s prob just a random ‘off’ cycle, we all get them, but the big bonus is you’ve caught O!

I’m not putting down a date yet, will let you know when I plan to test when I know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back