August 2017 babies!

I'm totally against baby showers and wouldn't have one for a second baby. I just find them a bit weird and well cheeky for not a first child. Luckily my friends all agree and none of us bar 1 had one. I didnt have a 3d scan but when I went for the gender scan they swapped over so i could have a look.

I have been in dads garden for 2 days since Its been nice. I had a mini melt down after trying to get Athena measured for her first shoes, she grabbed 3 shoes and was carrying them about and I was trying to wrestle them off Her. If really wasn't the experience I was looking forward to. I ended up crying in the car park and then finding myself utterly hormonal and rediculous for being so emotional about it all! Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Ooh, that's interesting about swapping over in the scan - didn't even know that was possible! To be honest, I wasn't that enthusiastic about a baby shower (this is first child) but the friends I do have are scattered and were all talking about wanting to buy items etc so they are calling it a baby shower but I'm thinking of it more as a "get everyone together" sort of event really.

We know the gender but I don't wanna know what she looks like until she's born :p x

Jill -
Sniff a nappy full of crap?! What kind of baby showers have you been forced to attend lol! I haven't seen anyone do that! My friends who have had them have been much more of the guess the size of mum's bump type games! X

I've been to one where there was nappies involved they had put chocolate and curry etc and then you had to write down and whoever guessed the most won a prize. I didn't like that one but that was back in 2015.

Jill -
Sniff a nappy full of crap?! What kind of baby showers have you been forced to attend lol! I haven't seen anyone do that! My friends who have had them have been much more of the guess the size of mum's bump type games! X
Its the ones were they fill the nappies with different food etc and you have to guess what it is. I just dont see to point. One had dog food and the smell wasworse than baby crap haha .

Oh that's disgusting why would anyone do dog food! It's bad enough other things! It's totally not my idea kind of fun. I just like a catch up with a chat lol

Lmao, think that's a bad idea with pregnant ladies around... throw up everywhere aha.

Kinda sad I'm not having a baby shower... I never wanted one and thought they were awful (hate being center of attention) but they seem fun and a nice way for people to get together, and celebrate pregnancy/baby. Ha! Just need friends :p:roll: x

So this is tonight's bumpie! Can't believe I am 25 weeks and 5 days! The time is flying over now!

Attachments

• IMG_6294.JPG
    IMG_6294.JPG
    343.6 KB · Views: 16
Hi ladies, am keeping up with the reading but struggling to reply.

I'm not keen on baby showers myself, I'm lazy and can't be bothered with the faff! I'm also horribly fussy with baby bits and prefer to get my own, so would feel so uncomfortable exclaiming over gifts that possibly wouldn't be to my tastes. I'd feel dreadful that a friend wasted their money and kindness on something I couldn't use. Never been to one either, although have been invited. Just not my thing at all.

Never had a 3D scan either, they freak me out a little bit! I like the surprise of not knowing what they look like, as we've always found out gender we lost that surprise (by choice of course), so I like having that little extra. My cousin is the complete opposite and paid for at least 2 private scans per baby! She has the 3D scans all framed and on the wall, it's really nice to see how chuffed she is with them. I think it's definitely worth it if it's your sort of thing.

I'm really struggling with tiredness, I hit 10am and I'm ready for my bed again, I'm normally in bed now by 9pm. This is very late for me now!

Hi all hope you had a good weekend! I spent another day in dads garden then yesterday in soft play. Athena should be exhausted because I am!! Hubby's dad handed us clothes from them all new ( some as always I hate) but all stinking of smoke!!!4 hot washes and soaked in a vinegar and barcarbonate mixture over night and they still stink. He is going to say to them about it as its all the time and its disgusting.

Eurgh, gosh no, couldn't be doing with that. It's lovely that they're giving gifts but not when they smell of smoke, can't imagine how much that would hurt poor baby's nostrils

Oh shit, you made me realise, my mom is buying our moses basket for us and everyone in the house smokes and even every visitor that goes smokes (which is why I don't go round much since preg) it's going to stink !!! And worry about cot death ughhh.

Oh shit, you made me realise, my mom is buying our moses basket for us and everyone in the house smokes and even every visitor that goes smokes (which is why I don't go round much since preg) it's going to stink !!! And worry about cot death ughhh.
Has she bought it? I would ask her to buy it and take it to yours. I usually get rid of the stuff from them tbh including stuff they buy my husband as i can't stand the smell but I tried the washing. 5 hot washes and it still reaks. I certainly wouldn't use them until they didnt smell at all. I said let's tell them no more clothes. X

Eurgh, gosh no, couldn't be doing with that. It's lovely that they're giving gifts but not when they smell of smoke, can't imagine how much that would hurt poor baby's nostrils

Thing is, they limited on visits as it is as they are functional alcoholics but they buy stuff to pretend to the word they are doting grandparents, so sadly it isn't even done to be nice.

Would just say thanks and throw away of I was you then :/ hate smoke smell... my dad's wife smokes and they buy us clothes for Xmas and it's vile. I use the blue comfort and usually gets the smell out in one wash.

I feel cheeky asking stuff when people buy us. I will ask her of she's still.buying it or not and say we're found one we like so we're gonna go get it. :/ xx

Would just say thanks and throw away of I was you then :/ hate smoke smell... my dad's wife smokes and they buy us clothes for Xmas and it's vile. I use the blue comfort and usually gets the smell out in one wash.

I feel cheeky asking stuff when people buy us. I will ask her of she's still.buying it or not and say we're found one we like so we're gonna go get it. :/ xx
I normally would but I feel bad because if it was my mum who bought stuff and hubby chucked it, I'd be livid. I even used the inwash scent boosters and I can still smell it. I've told him its stoll bad as he is at work and he can decide what to do. They smoke like chimneys... Ironically they told us they stopped a month ago but the receipt says they bought the stuff 10 days ago...

You could say that you found one online that is perfect and exactly what you want, she might just offer to give you cash for it. I went shopping with my mil (which was draining) but on a plus she bought us a travel cot and highchair for Athena and john Lewis delivered it to us directly for free. Just another option x

Hello everyone! I really need to remember and jump on here more often. Hope you all are doing good :) x

You could try and hang them outside? I air my dog beds out cos they don't fit in the machine, I think it helps a lot!!

The moses basket thing is sorted now, I said I had a rocking crib someone gave us and don't need a basket. But gonna buy one anyways still for down stairs lol will say hubby wanted one still ha! But she's buying a rocking swing now which is all good heh x

You could try and hang them outside? I air my dog beds out cos they don't fit in the machine, I think it helps a lot!!

The moses basket thing is sorted now, I said I had a rocking crib someone gave us and don't need a basket. But gonna buy one anyways still for down stairs lol will say hubby wanted one still ha! But she's buying a rocking swing now which is all good heh x
I have to say the moses basket was handy. It also fitted inside the swinging crib so when hubby came to bed he popped the whole basket in the crib next to me.

I just stuck them in again and will hang them at my sisters and see how they are after that. I officially hate smoke haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back