August 2017 babies!

Day 1 of potty training my daughter for me. Wasn't bad, but no pee pee in the potty yet! One accident and one lot in pull up nappy while we were out. The girl must have a crazy bladder as she has genuinely only gone twice today! X

I think 5 washes is awful!! Has your machine got a hygiene cycle? I usually use that for smelly stuff... if that doesn't work I doubt you'll get it out!

My mom just bought us this! I love it.
http://www.very.co.uk/joie-serina-swivel-swing-hip-hop/1600155942.prd?crossSellType=item_page.recs_1

Oh god rose, I am not looking forward to potty training. Hopefully it isn't difficult and she picks it up fast!! X
Its a brand new machine and well maintained... They smoke a lot hence the smell.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I really need to remember and jump on here more often. Hope you all are doing good :) x

Same here xAngelx. I am always amazed how much there is since my last visit! How ru?

PB I've been putting it off and putting it off but now the weather is warmer and I have no plans for a couple of weeks I thought I better start - would really like to get it started before I'm absolutely massive too. Definitely not looking forward to training boys! We've had a minor success this morning as I caught her mid wee and put her on the potty so she actually did a bit in there so that's hopefully given her a bit more confidence and she was very pleased with herself.

Started to get one of my migraines last night but seemed to catch it in time and took cocodamol and had a hot shower and stuff and went to bed and have woken up ok. Only thing is that the cocadomol just knocks me out and even now, 12 hours after I took it I still feel really sleepy and like me limbs are heavy x

Happy V-day PeanutButter! :cheer:

Sounds like your girly is doing well, well done Rose!
Glad to hear you caught the migraine in time! xx

I am getting a bit late with potty training my boy as he is 2y 7m! I've really wanted to start it but as we'll be going abroad to my dad's for a couple of weeks on 22nd May, I thought it's better I postpone it until we come back. As I think the change in environment might interfere (I want to put him straight on the toilet with a toddler seat) I am nervous it might be tough, as I'm a bit clueless when it comes to these things and he tends to hide from me during no.2 (and doesn't even want me anywhere near him, wants me out of his vicinity!) :shock: I have to do it successfully before new baby arrives, fingers crossed xx

Lots of love to all of you and your precious bumps xx

Last edited:
My eldest isn't potty trained yet and he's 3 next month! He's not physically quick and I didn't potty train til 3 either so taking it at his pace. I would love to get DS2 out of nappies before this baby too but it's unlikely

Great progress on your potty training Rose!

Happy V day Peanutbutter.

How is everyone doing? Times staring to speed up, tri1 was soooo slow and now we are on the edge of tri 3.

Jillmccoy - sound icky. If you can't get the smell out after that many washed it doesn't look good.

Good luck with potty training. I don't know how you girls manage pregnancy and other children .

Who's got appointments or scans coming up?

I've taken today and yesterday off sick from work, it's really stressful the last month and been doing a lot of displinary hearings and stuff. I felt like i needed a break. Had a super lazy day yesterday and been busy cleaning and organising today. Guess I'll go back tomorrow but it's been nice.

Love to everyone cx

I have consultant appointment with scan on Thursday afternoon Tashap.

They'll examine my mass for any changes again and also check the baby in terms of my previous history of intra uterine growth restriction (for which I'm on aspirin already) and in terms of previous baby's intestinal atresia (I think they'll check fluid levels and perhaps keep a closer look at new baby's bowel).

Sorry to hear you've been feeling run down sweetheart, but I'm not surprised, what with how stressful work has been for you. You totally deserve some super laziness I would say, so take it easy and make sure you still relax and enjoy your time off today xx

Last edited:
It's great they are keeping such a close eye on you and baby. Do they have a plan for birth? How do you find your consultant? Mine is lovely. How many weeks are you now? X

28 weeks tomorrow eeeek! :shock: (Although I think I might actually be 5 days behind EDD!)

I am happy and grateful they are monitoring me, but just can't help but remember how much I've had to chase them going back and forth repeatedly from private consultants to NHS to feed with reports and results that put me at high risk for multiple reasons, current and previous preg history! I've even had to remind them of my own history (it was only 2 and a half years ago I gave birth) and it was with them! Felt as if I had given birth 30 years ago on a different planet lol! I am sure everything is on the system, if only someone had bothered to take a look :shock:

Is your consultant male or female? Mine is male (and cold/non smiley) and I can't help but feel so so awkward and shy as he has to examine me physically to internally "feel" the mass which sits behind the cervix :oops: I feel I might have felt a bit more at ease with a female Dr in this case (private doc also a male).

No plan for birth yet, NHS consultant last time said no point in trying to plan now, as it all depends on how things will be closer to birth e.g. position of mass which might, or not, prevent natural birth. But I need a plan (or alternative scenarios even, I don't mind) as I'll have a toddler at home...c-section? Will they remove the mass at same time? Or will I try natural birth and perhaps have an op later? Or no op at all, just leave the mass be (until it gives me symptoms?) Arghhh! Yep I do need some kind of plan xx

Last edited:
Mine is also a man, he is the consultant that did our ivf so I feel very emotional with him. He was annoyed they made me see is registrar on my first appointment so I get priority to see him every time.

You do need a plan, like you so you need to make arrangements for your LO. Hopefully they will start to get an idea Thursday xx

28 weeks omg that only 12 weeks until your due date... where is the time going x

I know sweetheart right?! Time flies...and wait 'til you have the bubba, time will fly even faster!

Yesss now I remember it was your IVF consultant you saw last time and felt emotional, no wonder :hug: How special! xx

28 weeks sounds so far along HR4! I look so large I'm sure people think I should be giving birth any minute and my OH said the other day it's only 6 weeks until July when I can actually say 'I'm due next month' arghhhhhhh so much to do still! Still mid decorating my daughter's room and wanted to get another whole room done after that, plus also my utility room is in a total state after stripping it all out for new boiler and electrics so want to get that done before baby too. I'm hoping I might almost be done with my daughter's room by this weekend as long as I do some painting each evening (had to skip last night as I felt so bad).

Unfortunately the rest of potty training today hasn't been so successful - two big accidents, she can't seem to get the hang of telling me she needs to go before she actually has, instead she is asking for the potty after she has done the wee x

Aww bless her, Rose! I guess they do "need" some accidents in order to fully get it by "feeling" what it's all about and *why* the have to tell us before rather than after! :) xx

Lovely catching up on here.
Happy V day PB.
Sorry you had such a bad experience last week.

Hope your consultation goes well tomorrow H4R.
It does not sound pleasant. Sending hugs and hoping u can start making some plans for the birth and what happens next.

I potty trained my daughter last summer. Despite clearly having the bladder control it took months and months. We eventually got there with the wees but she kept hiding and doing poos in her pants. It was awful. :(
Also, at first she would never tell me when she needed a wee and I just resorted to putting her on the toilet every hour.
I don't think most people have such a tough time. Just keep at it. I still remember that elated feeling every time you have a little success. :)
Xxx

Lovely catching up on your posts ladies, hope you're all well! I've just been to my second antenatal class and it's feeling so real now, can't believe the third trimester starts this week! Is it weird I'm kind of feeling excited about labour?!

So when is the trimester 3 thread going to start? We are both 27 weeks on Friday aren't we mummytobe. How lovely that you've started antenatal classes. I can relate to that excited ( but apprehensive) feeling. Are they NHS or private ones?

Can't believe the last 13 weeks has gone by so quickly.
Although like Rose, I'm pretty huge now so feeling it is time to be entering tri3.

I haven't actually bought anything for the baby yet. I have most things so not too much of an issue. I'm mostly needing to dig out and sort all the new born stuff. No idea when I'll get round to that!.

Xxx

We are indeed, 13 weeks to go, I'm sure this trimester will go even quicker! They are NHS classes, it was a mix of feelings in the room last night, a few were nervous but most people were just excited to finally meet their baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back