♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

Pram shopping was so scary as a first timer!! I went with the Egg because it had good reviews and looked the best, hahah. I love it by the way, was a great choice. I’d recommend you go in to a shop and play with the display prams. Walk them around, see how easy they are to fold/unfold/pull apart etc. :)

Yea definitely agree that I need to go and have a play. Expensive mistake if you get it wrong! X

For the ladies in the UK, 4D scans have started back up in some areas. I'm booked in for 13th July, at ultrasound direct. Hubby can also attend, I'm over the moon and so is he! I'll be almost 28 weeks for the scan :)

For the ladies in the UK, 4D scans have started back up in some areas. I'm booked in for 13th July, at ultrasound direct. Hubby can also attend, I'm over the moon and so is he! I'll be almost 28 weeks for the scan :)

Oh my goodness!!!!! Your definitely aloud someone in with you??? I’m not even fussed about 4D would just be nice for husband to have a peek! X

Oh my goodness!!!!! Your definitely aloud someone in with you??? I’m not even fussed about 4D would just be nice for husband to have a peek! X
You will need to check your local one, but it seems like for the majority yes you can bring one person with you and for the one I've booked we have to wear face coverings which we always do anyway. I'm over the moon and so is my hubby xx

You will need to check your local one, but it seems like for the majority yes you can bring one person with you and for the one I've booked we have to wear face coverings which we always do anyway. I'm over the moon and so is my hubby xx

Ive had a look, yep mine says 1 person too!!! Eeekkk! Trying not to be to excited incase things change! X

Well I'm 24 weeks today and was under the impression my midwife appointment I had scheduled was face to face. I was wrong, she rang me unexpectedly and told me that it was always going to be over the phone. I wont lie, I had a bit of a meltdown and started crying. I just feel like I've had absolutely no support or guidance whatsoever. I haven't seen her since I was 8 weeks pregnant and wont see her until I'm 28 weeks. She said that one will definitely be in person. She reassured me that all my previous tests have been fine and I'm low risk so unless I have symptoms then theres no need to attend in person. Which I understand but this is my first baby, after a loss, during a global pandemic. It's so very hard to stay positive, when I feel totally out of control and getting no guidance whatsoever.

Well I'm 24 weeks today and was under the impression my midwife appointment I had scheduled was face to face. I was wrong, she rang me unexpectedly and told me that it was always going to be over the phone. I wont lie, I had a bit of a meltdown and started crying. I just feel like I've had absolutely no support or guidance whatsoever. I haven't seen her since I was 8 weeks pregnant and wont see her until I'm 28 weeks. She said that one will definitely be in person. She reassured me that all my previous tests have been fine and I'm low risk so unless I have symptoms then theres no need to attend in person. Which I understand but this is my first baby, after a loss, during a global pandemic. It's so very hard to stay positive, when I feel totally out of control and getting no guidance whatsoever.

Jeez that's horrible! Why can't every county just use the same guidelines? x__x

Jeez that's horrible! Why can't every county just use the same guidelines? x__x
I don't know. I feel so let down. There are no classes, I'm having to just wing it myself so far. Hoping that I'm keeping my baby safe but worrying if theres something wrong and I dont know about it because I've had no tests done. She even said she would have listened to the heartbeat even though its not usual practice until 28 weeks. Feel like I've lost out yet again. 2 scans I've attended alone and not been able to listen to babys heartbeat. I'm really upset

I don't know. I feel so let down. There are no classes, I'm having to just wing it myself so far. Hoping that I'm keeping my baby safe but worrying if theres something wrong and I dont know about it because I've had no tests done. She even said she would have listened to the heartbeat even though its not usual practice until 28 weeks. Feel like I've lost out yet again. 2 scans I've attended alone and not been able to listen to babys heartbeat. I'm really upset
I am sorry you feel like this Natalie - its so rubbish that not all nsh trusts are the same. I would feel the same as you if i hadn't seen my midwife. Is there anyway you could ring the GP and ask for them to take your blood pressure and a wee sample and explain that you haven't had this tested since week 8 of pregnancy and you are just anxious.
How long do you have to wait until your 4d scan? Hopefully that will keep you going and something to look forward to.
Keep on with the hypnobirthing course cherish those kicks you get from baby to give you confidence they are just fine in there. Massive hugs xx

Oh gosh Natalie. I’m so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I feel exactly the same like we’ve just been left too it. I’ve got my midwife appointment next week and I think I will probably burst into tears if they ring me too. I’ve been counting down the days to finally see and speak to someone. We’ve had really bad luck with timing haven’t we. Sending lots of hugs <3

Thank you both - think the hormones took over and I literally burst into tears! It's not her fault and she tried her best to reassure me but you just never know when something untoward might be going on and you haven't been checked. I had checks done at 20 weeks @chattychar1990 which were all ok so I just need to arrange my whooping cough now. Our 4D scan is in just under 4 weeks time so I'll just keep looking forward to that. It really annoyed me though when she joked that I'd gotten pregnant at the wrong time. I know she didnt mean anything by it but it's a huge slap in the face when you've been trying for a baby for so long! I've had my cry (several actually) so I'm just going to have to toughen up and carry on for another few weeks. Luckily baby is starting to kick me alot more now, they really have no idea how much they're loved already x

Thank you both - think the hormones took over and I literally burst into tears! It's not her fault and she tried her best to reassure me but you just never know when something untoward might be going on and you haven't been checked. I had checks done at 20 weeks @chattychar1990 which were all ok so I just need to arrange my whooping cough now. Our 4D scan is in just under 4 weeks time so I'll just keep looking forward to that. It really annoyed me though when she joked that I'd gotten pregnant at the wrong time. I know she didnt mean anything by it but it's a huge slap in the face when you've been trying for a baby for so long! I've had my cry (several actually) so I'm just going to have to toughen up and carry on for another few weeks. Luckily baby is starting to kick me alot more now, they really have no idea how much they're loved already x

How dare she say you’ve got pregnant at the wrong time!!!!!!! That’s annoyed me and I didn’t even hear it! Actually dear we got pregnant in January before all this really kicked off! Idiot!! Your right unfortunately we just have to try and remain positive and keep going :bump:

How dare she say you’ve got pregnant at the wrong time!!!!!!! That’s annoyed me and I didn’t even hear it! Actually dear we got pregnant in January before all this really kicked off! Idiot!! Your right unfortunately we just have to try and remain positive and keep going :bump:
I know, I think she was trying to make light of it but I definitely took it a different way! Nevermind. Just hope my bubs is ok in there, they keep rolling around and kicking me so I'm sure they're getting bigger xx

I know, I think she was trying to make light of it but I definitely took it a different way! Nevermind. Just hope my bubs is ok in there, they keep rolling around and kicking me so I'm sure they're getting bigger xx

Yes I’m sure that’s a good sign. I’m starting to feel a lot more stronger movements now too, it’s very comforting. X

Sorry @Natalie8964 that really sucks! I think FTM should be given as many face to face appointments as possible personally!!! I’d have felt exactly the same. If it makes you feel any better, I had to wear the most impractical and uncomfortable face mask as soon as I entered the building for mine on Monday. I came out feeling really light headed and sweaty! X

Also, lots of movement is a good sign :) so don’t worry about bubs! Xx

Sorry @Natalie8964 that really sucks! I think FTM should be given as many face to face appointments as possible personally!!! I’d have felt exactly the same. If it makes you feel any better, I had to wear the most impractical and uncomfortable face mask as soon as I entered the building for mine on Monday. I came out feeling really light headed and sweaty! X
Oh really, that's no good either is it. I just want things to go back to normal now, everything is really narking me off because the rules dont make sense. I can go shopping for clothes in numerous shops but I cant visit my parents being cautious and wearing masks/social distancing? It's just madness! X

It is isn’t it! My midwife said as I was leaving that restrictions were easing now so things may be back to normal by the time we give birth. My next appointment is in the hospital again - they’re moving back in from the ‘midwives house’ so all good signs! X

It is isn’t it! My midwife said as I was leaving that restrictions were easing now so things may be back to normal by the time we give birth. My next appointment is in the hospital again - they’re moving back in from the ‘midwives house’ so all good signs! X
I really really hope we can have visitors by the time we have birth. I cant even comprehend not having my parents meet the baby. Their first grandchild and my first baby. My heart goes out to all the women and families who have had to isolate with their newborns! Its so so shitty! X

Me too! My Mum and my OH were with me during the birth of my son, I was hoping they could both be there again this time but probably not likely. I remember feeling completely overwhelmed and scared in the post labour ward the first time round as I didn’t have a clue what I was doing - I can’t imagine having to go through that alone, let alone as a FTM! I have faith things will have eased by October x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back