♡ October 2020 mummies ♡

@Natalie8964 yes, totally! I’ve read loads of forums with Mums who have had similar and 97% of the time baby has luckily been born absolutely healthy with no issues but there is always the chance of being part of that 3%. The risk of baby having DS is still only 0.01% but I’m more concerned about things like cystic fibrosis. The test results can’t come soon enough, although I know I’ll now be worrying all the way up till due date regardless. I just hope she’s ok :( xx
I would be exactly the same as you. How long for the test results you've had so far? 8 weeks will come round sooner than you think! Maybe a private scan will help you along a bit. She will be fine no matter what, you just need to try and stay positive for your baby girl and keep her nice and warm in there! Xx

Oh gosh @kj1 what a worry. I’m so sorry your dealing with this. I agree with what Natalie said, a private scan might be good for some reassurance but not sure how much they will know about it. Depends what you want to get from the scan, might be worth a phone call. It’s easy for us to say but try not to worry. Sending positive thoughts your way <3

@Natalie8964 I’m not sure, they said they would discuss the results at the 28 week scan although I’d assume they would call earlier if they were concerned?

@PinkFlamingo thank you. I think I just want to know if the bowel is looking less echogenic as that would indicate that it was likely just due to baby swallowing some blood. Annoyingly though I don’t know what ‘grade’ of echogenic it was - I didn’t think to ask at the time as I’d never heard of it before. It’s annoying because I now feel much more clued up after having read up about it and there are loads of questions I would have liked to have asked at the time had I known. I think it’s because they were so calm about the whole thing I didn’t give it too much thought!

Sorry to hear you’ve had some worrying news @kj1 it so hard not to worry but the doctors sounded positive so try and hold on to that! Fingers crossed for you. X

Wow today I ache all over, feel like everything is just stretching, very uncomfortable! Got out of the shower and had to lie down on the bed, towel still on my head, my hair will be a sight tomorrow lol! I haven't even done anything, just the usual housework and stuff. Still not complaining though, loving growing my little bubs. Today they haven't been as active as usual, knows how to make me worry!!

Wow today I ache all over, feel like everything is just stretching, very uncomfortable! Got out of the shower and had to lie down on the bed, towel still on my head, my hair will be a sight tomorrow lol! I haven't even done anything, just the usual housework and stuff. Still not complaining though, loving growing my little bubs. Today they haven't been as active as usual, knows how to make me worry!!

Mines not having a very active day either today! Naughty babies. Especially after lots of movement last few days, really notice the difference. X

I think it was Saturday when I was so sore. It felt like I’d done a massive hike followed by a legs and glutes workout! :roll::roll:

I have to take it back.. my bubs read my mind. I was laid reading my hypnobirthing book and they absolutely booted me 3 times in a row! Like really hard! The best ones I've felt yet. So bloody amazing!!!

@kj1 I hope everything is alright xxx

@Natalie8964 This sounds awful but this baby moves to the point where it’s annoying. It’s all night!! Literally can’t ever sit down without getting booted either. She constantly does that thing where you can see from the outside that a knee/elbow/foot is being pushed up and dragged from one side of my belly to the other. It feels really unpleasant to me! I do love the constant movement though. x

Bought my double pram today as it was half off! Not an expensive one to begin with so I’m pretty chuffed. I plan to babywear the newborn most of the time, but I know once she’s 3mo old I’ll often need both girls in a pram when I’m out on my own. Hehe, first baby purchase done!!

@WinterWolf I’m still toying with the idea of getting a double...my son just wants to walk everywhere so I’m thinking of trying a sling then buggy board. Which one did you go for?

I just made my first baby purchase too (aside to the pre-gender scan girlie bits haha) - the Maxi Cosi bouncer as it’s currently 20% off! Now I want to buy more :rotfl:

@WinterWolf I’m still toying with the idea of getting a double...my son just wants to walk everywhere so I’m thinking of trying a sling then buggy board. Which one did you go for?

I just made my first baby purchase too (aside to the pre-gender scan girlie bits haha) - the Maxi Cosi bouncer as it’s currently 20% off! Now I want to buy more :rotfl:

My daughter wants to walk everywhere too but she just walks where she wants and has to touch everything. If she sees a tree/flower she will bolt to it. Pulls everything off shop shelves and then slowly has to put them all back. I was hoping she’d mature a little before baby was born but if anything she’s more confident in running away haha. Can’t get anything done if we’re at the shops!!

I went for the Steelcraft Agile Twin Pram. It’s pretty basic, not much to look at but oh well, it was the easiest double pram to move around and folds down really easily. I don’t know if they have that brand in the UK but I’m sure you can get something similar.

My daughter wants to walk everywhere too but she just walks where she wants and has to touch everything. If she sees a tree/flower she will bolt to it. Pulls everything off shop shelves and then slowly has to put them all back. I was hoping she’d mature a little before baby was born but if anything she’s more confident in running away haha. Can’t get anything done if we’re at the shops!!

I went for the Steelcraft Agile Twin Pram. It’s pretty basic, not much to look at but oh well, it was the easiest double pram to move around and folds down really easily. I don’t know if they have that brand in the UK but I’m sure you can get something similar.

Oh god, this is why I’m still on the fence! My boy will be at nursery all day so I’d only really need it for nursery drop off/pickup which feels a little extortionate...

I’ve just Googled it, that’s the Britax isn’t it! It’s meant to be very good x

Oh god, this is why I’m still on the fence! My boy will be at nursery all day so I’d only really need it for nursery drop off/pickup which feels a little extortionate...

I’ve just Googled it, that’s the Britax isn’t it! It’s meant to be very good x

Hm, I probably wouldn’t bother if he’ll be at nursery full time. It’ll be just me and the babies all day everyday (except weekends) over here so I think I’ll get a lot of use out of it.

Yes, that makes sense, it’s got Britax written on the side. It seemed really good for the price!

Has anyone else decided on a pram yet?? I’m so confused..... :doh:
No, I haven't looked yet. I'm waiting to go to a local shop but not sure I feel comfortable yet.. there is one taking appointments though so might look into that as I dont want to leave it too late! X

No, I haven't looked yet. I'm waiting to go to a local shop but not sure I feel comfortable yet.. there is one taking appointments though so might look into that as I dont want to leave it too late! X

I feel exactly the same. But also thinking times running out! I’m going back to work in July, arrrgghhhhh starting to feel like I have nothing organised x

I feel exactly the same. But also thinking times running out! I’m going back to work in July, arrrgghhhhh starting to feel like I have nothing organised x
Oh I've been working the whole time anyway but working from home. The plan where I work is that everyone will work from home until probably the end of the year! But I know what you mean, time is flying! X

Oh I've been working the whole time anyway but working from home. The plan where I work is that everyone will work from home until probably the end of the year! But I know what you mean, time is flying! X

Thank goodness you’ve got that option I’m so nervous about going back x

Has anyone else decided on a pram yet?? I’m so confused..... :doh:

Pram shopping was so scary as a first timer!! I went with the Egg because it had good reviews and looked the best, hahah. I love it by the way, was a great choice. I’d recommend you go in to a shop and play with the display prams. Walk them around, see how easy they are to fold/unfold/pull apart etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back