(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· October 2018 Mummies ·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

CG so glad youre back safely.

Thanks for the well wishes. OH went back to work yesterday against my better judgement (they don’t pay sick leave), and as I predicted he’s had a set back as now he has extra pain in his back. I’m driving him around as he isn’t safe to drive and although he won’t admit it, I think the idea of it so soon after the accident doesn’t sit well with him. We’ve had it confirmed that his car is a write off and when the insurance company swallow their excess plus the remainder of the policy we’ll be lucky to see £500! Don’t think we can afford a 2nd car with all the baby items and with me not working so will need to share my car in the long run. All that said, it could be much worse so that’s what we’re focused on.

I have the headache from hell today so not doing much so thought I’d catch up with online stuff. Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited:
Had a bit of a crummy day at work, being sidelined on stuff because "you're leaving". Keep having to say that I'm not leaving, very much coming back, and also I'm still here for the next 4-5 months, and not incapable of doing good work in that time.

One more day of it, then oh and I are off for a week hiking in the lakes. Looking forward to being in the country and unwinding.

Glad to hear mostly good news. Hope the headache eases off quickly babywomble

CG, and anyone else really, I'm heading to Berlin in July - just wondering what travel insurance you used for your trip? I know most firms say pregnancy is not an illness and is covered by standard insurance, but I've heard that some actually don't cover eventualities you would expect should be standard if pg (e.g. Cover for premie birth!)

We pay for a premium bank account that includes travel insurance. It’s one of those companies which says pregnancy isn’t an illness so I was covered. However my son was ill and we didn’t need to touch the insurance as it’s all completely covered by the EHIC. As you’re going into the EU the EHIC will give you some protection in pregnancy too. It says as long as you don’t go specifically to give birth which you’re not.

Hi guys, sorry not been on for a while. Just back from Spain and our insurance is with Columbus who seem to have good coverage from what i read and they say you don't need to let them know you're pregnant x

Hi ladies, is anyone else feeling really uncomfortable at this stage? The bottom of my tummy is so tight I feel like it can’t stretch any further and I’m aching loads, including my lower back. Beginning to feel the odd prod from baby now which is lovely, but not consistent yet and I can still pick his HB up although he tries to hide from me :lol: so I’m pretty sure he’s fine. Just wondering if the rest of you are feeling this too or it’s just me?

Last edited:
I am in my back and hips and it does feel like I have been kicked in the vagina !

Pregnancy pillow came and OMG it is amazing I have no idea how I ever slept without one !

Gender scan today ladies yaaaaay I am so exited I

My stomach already feels really tight - especially after food. I'm finding it hard to eat as much which might be a good thing! Still getting stretching pains & yes my back is sore - I blame my previous epidural.

Good luck for your gender scan today netty. I have my 20 week scan this afternoon so hoping all goes well with that. We aren't finding out the sex of the baby so hoping it's got its legs crossed �� Has anyone else had 20 week scan yet? I'm 20 week today. My due date is start of Oct so not sure if anyone else has had it yet?

I'm getting definite kicks now but not at a specific time just yet. It makes me feel a bit better even if I am getting kicked in my lady bits!

Good luck for your scans today Netty and Lucy!

Feel a bit better knowing I’m not the only one feeling like this, was getting a bit concerned as I’ve been feeling stressed.

Good luck with your scans today!

I had my 20 week scan yesterday and everything was great. He was in a funny position so it took a while but the sonographer was very thorough so that’s reassuring!

It is great to be counting down from 20 weeks instead of waiting to get to the halfway point, ha ha!

Let us know how you get on :)

I also had my 20 week scan yesterday - I find them just mesmerising <3 I wish I could watch in on what baby's doing in there every day haha.

My little one was snuggled really deep down and wouldn't budge, with little legs very tightly crossed, but the sonographer seemed pretty convinced it's a girly in there :)

They also confirmed my placenta is anterior (which I was pretty certain of already by this point) so I'm occasionally feeling a few movements but it's still sporadic and not strong - hoping I'll start to feel more from now.

Still not very bumpy - I look quite pregnant by evening time, but I think if you didn't know I was pregnant you'd just assume I was bloated.

So in love <3

Oh - Cornish girl, would you be able put down 'baby girl' for me on the front page? Yay!

Hi ladies ! We are having a baby girl !!! I am absolutely over the moon x

Had 16 week appointment today and they said am blood type A negative so need to have the anti-d injection at 26 weeks. Never knew my blood type before! X

Also congrats and lovely news from everyone who has had their 20 week scans. Still three weeks to go until I have mine x

Yay! Congratulations ladies! :D :D :D
I’ve updated the front page. Looks like girls are outweighing the boys so far.

After getting back from Malta we felt a bit sad our holiday was over so we’ve gone camping at the tip of Cornwall to cheer ourselves up. I got some brilliant photos in Mousehole today!
BFA64155-37BA-4DED-BDE1-D32AACA60428.jpg

I’m excited for my 20 week scan on Tuesday! :)

Lovely photos CG. And lovely news Netty.

I had my 20 week scan yesterday - all seemed well. I have an anterior placenta again but have been feeling movement since 14 weeks. I was feeling kicks & prods really low but that will be because it's under where my placenta is lying. Also baby is nestled way down low in my pelvis which made it a bit tricky to see everything at start! I think I saw some indicators of the sex but I am not going to speculate as could be totally wrong, plus we said we didn't want to find out! I'll be happy either way x

Congratulations Netty! Girls are so much fun!!
Glad your scan went well Lucy, I have an anterior placenta and have only started feeling little prods this week (am 20 weeks), I&#8217;m looking forward to bigger movements as baby gets bigger.

Please can you update the front page for me, I&#8217;m team blue!
Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back