•••November mummies 2016 - welcome to Tri 2•••

Thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate it! It's a matter of sitting and waiting and hoping then. I'm terrified about going to work as last time everytime I reached work I would start bleeding but at home was ok, was so weird why that was happening! Just got to hope for the best! X x Thank you so much again! X x

I was exactly the same!! I woke up fine in the morning, left my house fine yet by the time I got to work 20 mins later I was bleeding. My OH pleaded with me to take some time off work as I have a stressful job too so we wanted to see if that made any difference (and it clearly did although I'm putting it down to a lot of coincidences!!). It is a case of putting it to the back of your mind - which sounds stupid because it's impossible!! I didn't bond at all under after 14 weeks as I was terrified of getting attached and actually believing this could work this time. Every single day is a milestone. What date is your scan? I will keep everything crossed for you!!! Xx

I know exactly what you mean, have to get through each day, can't look any further ahead at the moment, just getting to the scan date will be a milestone for me! It's on the 16th of august and will be 6+2 then, hopefully! luckily I have next week off work so that timed in well! I'm getting obsessed with going to the toilet and checking for blood, people must think what a weirdo, but I can't help it!

I've contacted the midwife too, just waiting to hear from her as for some reason knowing I have done all I can do at this stage makes me feel a tad better, but not much! Every twinge freaks me out! Just got to get through this one way or the other!

Thank you for your support and keeping everything crossed! X x

I know exactly what you mean, have to get through each day, can't look any further ahead at the moment, just getting to the scan date will be a milestone for me! It's on the 16th of august and will be 6+2 then, hopefully! luckily I have next week off work so that timed in well! I'm getting obsessed with going to the toilet and checking for blood, people must think what a weirdo, but I can't help it!

I've contacted the midwife too, just waiting to hear from her as for some reason knowing I have done all I can do at this stage makes me feel a tad better, but not much! Every twinge freaks me out! Just got to get through this one way or the other!

Thank you for your support and keeping everything crossed! X x

Your words are like listening to myself in February/March/April this year. I noticed every twinge, spent most of the time in the loo checking myself, the relief when there was no pink was immense!! It gets better, it really does I promise. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on. And I'm sending you every sticky vibe I have!! Xxx

Thank you so much for listening to me and for your support! Midwife has just phoned and given me an emergency number incase between now and scan date I get worried about anything and they'll get me in for a scan sooner if needs be, but I'm hoping and praying it won't come to that! But at least it gives me a contact number for the oncall midwife, bit of peace of mind. Then she said if all well and good with scan, she'll see me after that. So just got to sit tight now!

You don't have much longer to go now, how exciting, good luck with everything!

I will return now back to where I belong, the worrying first trimester group!

But I will keep you posted on everything! And I hope I get to report some good news! Fingers crossed, speak soon, take care, thanks again. X x

Thought I'd come on to update here as I've only been updating Facebook. Sadly at my anomaly scan they picked up my son had a problem with his heart. Upon seeing a cardiologist they picked up 4 major defects and predicted that he wouldn't live past the first operation. And if by some miracle he did, he has an 80% chance of dying before the age of five. These defects come with massive heart surgeries for such a small baby to endure and we have had to make such a hard decision as what to do. They gave us an option to terminate and we feel that that is what's best to keep him out of pain. We go in tomorrow to have the first part of the medical procedure to put our little boy to sleep. It's been such a difficult decision and one that is causing so much pain and heart ache. I honestly never thought I'd have to make such a hard decision, but it's one which I hope you all can understand to keep my precious little angel from further pain or suffering. I want to wish you all the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies. April xxx

Thought I'd come on to update here as I've only been updating Facebook. Sadly at my anomaly scan they picked up my son had a problem with his heart. Upon seeing a cardiologist they picked up 4 major defects and predicted that he wouldn't live past the first operation. And if by some miracle he did, he has an 80% chance of dying before the age of five. These defects come with massive heart surgeries for such a small baby to endure and we have had to make such a hard decision as what to do. They gave us an option to terminate and we feel that that is what's best to keep him out of pain. We go in tomorrow to have the first part of the medical procedure to put our little boy to sleep. It's been such a difficult decision and one that is causing so much pain and heart ache. I honestly never thought I'd have to make such a hard decision, but it's one which I hope you all can understand to keep my precious little angel from further pain or suffering. I want to wish you all the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies. April xxx

I have no words April at all - however as ive said on Facebook I'm sending you all my love and best wishes. My heart is absolutely breaking for you xxxxx

Oh April I don't know what to say other than I am so, so sorry. Thank you for updating us, I am not on Facebook so I had no idea. Wishing you all the strength in the world sweetheart. I hope all goes as it should xxx

big hugs xxx we are here if you need to talk, I'm so sorry it wasn't better news

Big hugs April. I am so sorry :-( life is so unfair at times. Thinking of you. Xxx

So very sorry you're having to go through something like this! You're a very strong and brave lady to make this decision. Thoughts are with you xxx

Gosh April, words escape me. I've just had a sob reading your post. I completely understand your decision but just can't imagine the heartache you must be going through right now. Keep strong sweetheart - my thoughts are with you and your little angel xxxxxxx

I can't believe it - my last day at work is on Wednesday and I can't wait! I have some holidays booked in then my maternity will start. YAY!

Pram and furniture delivery is also due in the next couple weeks. So so excited!

Also, is it just me that reads all the 3rd trimester threads for August,September and October mummies and gets excited? Xxx

Great news beee! :cheer:

And yes - I do that too!! Xx

April I'm so sorry for you and your family- words are no good for this situation but you know what is best for your family, I wish you all the best in future xxx

I'm technically in tri 3 now?! We haven't picked up much, tbh I think I'll tick along with hand me downs for now, especially with a big build pending.... Hoping to start soon but seems delayed :S I actually picked up a double buggy at the weekend - my OH finally realised my dd wouldnt be ready to walk every at 19 months. Got 4d scan booked up for next Thursday which I'm looking forward to.

I'm really struggling with tiredness right now and numb hands?! Apparently the swelling is cutting off blood circulation to my hands.... I've given up trying to contact midwife too. I was worried about gd due to swelling, tiredness, weeing loads, numb hands etc and they were rubbish and fobbed me off. I've not contacted them with issues at all this pregnancy plus this is no. 2 so I feel like I know when something doesn't feel right. Just wish the NHS paid attention!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I'm really struggling with tiredness right now and numb hands?! Apparently the swelling is cutting off blood circulation to my hands.... I've given up trying to contact midwife too. I was worried about gd due to swelling, tiredness, weeing loads, numb hands etc and they were rubbish and fobbed me off. I've not contacted them with issues at all this pregnancy plus this is no. 2 so I feel like I know when something doesn't feel right. Just wish the NHS paid attention!

Prettypee - I'm no expert at all but I'm sure I read those symptoms in my book as possible pre-eclampsia?? Maybe worth visiting your GP chick and get double checked if midwives aren't being helpful. Trust your instincts! xx

Tomorrow is officially my last day at work! (Well I have holidays then maternity starts). I can't wait. So so so excited x

Pretty pee I agree with sharcaz - go and see your gp if the midwife is useless. I'm sure everything is fine, but it won't hurt just to get your symptoms looked and and a blood test done. Your symptoms do sound worrying xx

Prettypee please please please see someone! Kick, scream anything to get checked - better to be safe for the both of you

When are you tri 3?? I'm passed 28 weeks now so am I there??? That's a bit scary xx

Thanks guys. I'll see how I feel over the next couple days and might just end up calling MAU. My Braxton hicks this morning were horrendous! I know they say it's worse for number 2 but at first I wasn't convinced it wasbt labour!! Only the irregularity confirmed it wasn't! Haha now they are over she's having a good old dance around.

In my area you are classed as third trimester when you reach 27 weeks + I'm 27+4 today :) scary thought though - my cousin gave birth at 28 weeks!!! That's when the proper countdown begins for me. 12 weeks downwards, with every passing week baby is that little bit more prepared for entry!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back