Who's due nowish?

Ragna - I will PM you my mobile number so that you can text me when you get your induction day or go into labour and if you PM me your number I'll do the same and then we can meet if we end up there together!!
I went to the hospital on Sunday just to find out where to park and how to get to the maternity ward etc. Couldn't actually get into the Maternity bit though as it's obviously locked!! Have you been in there? What is it like? The hospital is the bit that I am scared of!!! I HATE THEM :(

Hiya...

Ill pm my moby to you later on (when i can lay my hands on it lol). Ive been to the hospital only in 2003 to stay but it wasnt at the maternity part. I was treated brilliantly and Mk Hospital is the only one in the Anglia Region to get a 3 Star rating which I guess says something.

As for the maternity, I havnt a clue but my midwife says its very state of the art in the Labour ward with the Modern USA beds that you can have the baby literally sitting upright. They have rocking chairs too..and its all very nice apparently.

Wouldtn it be funny if we delivered the same day !!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think I'm probably going to go over due now!! I always had a feeling that I'd have Bubble early but that feeling has well and truely gone now!!!

Although by my period dates I am not due until 29th. Scan dates and my calculations put it at the 26th.

I just want Bubble in my arms now!!! Glad to hear that you've heard good stuff about the hospital and the Maternity Ward. Everytime I go into Tesco all I seem to hear is people slagging it off!!! (The older generation usually!!)

I'm still here, 5 days to go and no sign yet! Got an induction date for the 8th of December which I really hope i won't need.

Hi,

just got back from the midwife. Baby is 3/5 engaged- does this mean that I'm unlikely to have it any minute now? How quickly can a first baby engage totally? Just wondered....

+++

I am 4/5 engaged. Think what it means is that they can still feel 4/5s of the baby's head, so you are one fifth ahead of me.
I'm hoping next week when I go that this little one will have moved down a bit further and I'll be 3/5s engaged.

My babies heads 3/5s engaged now, I asked the midwife what that meant and she said 3/5s of head is engaged but some midwifes measure it the other way round. She also said its as far down as its going to go before I'm in labour.

Ok thanks! Drat! So I don't know if it's 2/5 or 3/5 really! The midwife said "oh yes the baby's head is right down" but that could still mean either!

Have just eaten most of a fresh pineapple! I feel like Wily Coyote having eaten eartquakes pills tapping his feet if you know what I mean?! Silly I know as you probably have to eat a tree's worth to make any difference!

+++

mine's still in there though I have a feelin it won't be much longer have 18 day's togo now :D

Still here!!! :cry:

Had pains earlier that were coming about every 20 minutes but disappeared!!! :cry: was getting excited!!!

Oh well - keep taking the tablets!!!

I'm still here as well :( Few more pains now and then and few cramps but that's it - HURRY UP BABY!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm getting lots of pains this time.. the last couple of days I've had LOADS.

Hope it means I don't need to get induced this time.

I've given up on things trying to get her to come out. Just gonna wait - yawn. :( She's got some lovely clothes and even her own shoe collection and telling her all about it still hasn't enticed her to come out! :roll:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

ok so I've hit 39 weeks so it's go go go on the trying to start stuff off! The midwife has booked me in for a possible sweep the Tuesday after next- when I'll be a week over (although she said this was totally up to me- they will book a hospital appointment at the same time for another one and a proper checkup by the time I'm 10-14 days over). So.....

Last night I ate a whole pineapple- how many do you have to eat and is it just fresh ones? The fruit shop is closed on a Wednesday so my DH just went to get me a tin!

Also we have had lots of chilli, and, rather pleasantly, lots of sex :) bonus :). I have just cracked open the Clary Sage. Apart from inhaling it what are any of you doing with it?

My DH is at home too doing freelance work and he keeps coming up and asking my bump to hurry up as we're so impatient now!

How are you all doing?

+++

It has to be fresh pineapple I'm afraid!

As far as Clary sage I've mixed some with a base oil and rubbed it on my tum, and they say 5-10 drops in a bath. I'm not doing both at the same time though, as I'm a bit worried about using too much. I have it in my bath at night, and rubbing my tum in the morning!

Baby engaged yesterday :D . but as it's number 3 to could come backout again. :? getting nervous it could be netime now

Waaaah!

I'm still here!

I want to go for a big long walk today but it's freezing! Might have to drag hubby round the shops or something!

Oh, and I have made a name poll for the middle name Cooper, please vote!

Update on Brenty !!

Just come back from Consultants and they will see me NEXT Thursday which is December as my cervix isnt ready yet !! Think he did a sweep, so hoping that perhaps in the next week he/she might make an effort to make an appeareance !!!

So much for a November Baby !!!

Ragna xxxxxx

Awww I've been really hoping for a November baby too.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back