Who's due nowish?

There's still time ladies! Keep the faith!

I'm still here too- much more pineapple, clary sage, curry and (ahem) action later!

I'm wondering about a walk too Urchin but since I'll need a loo as soon as I've gone about 15 mins from my house I'm trying to work out where to go!

Hopefully today will be the day for some of us surely!!

+++

I have to go back to the midwife next Thursday too Ragna!!

I was hoping that she might do a sweep for me when I went on Tue but no such luck :(

She did say that she can still feel 2/5 of Bubble's head so he/she is 3/5 engaged but I'm guessing that doesn't really mean much in terms of when s/he might make an arrival?

I really want a November baby too girlies but December is drawing ever closer and we're all still here :x LOL xxx

Me to I'm still here, looking like a December baby here to. Not got to see the midwife till Monday though.

My mom has bought me a pineapple :D
I scare off all my pineapple stealing friends by telling them it's good for the cervix.... they run a mile LOL

Right, I've now eaten half of the pineapple and am just sitting here on my birthing ball tapping away on my laptop and I'm BOOORED out of my mind.
I'm the only one posting in this thread now... I'm just waiting for something to happen!

Hubby has gone to see Harry Potter ( I saw it yesterday) and I'm boooooored.

:(

Maybe I'll go and eat the other half now LOL

wow so many of you are due soon.

hope everything goes well with your labours!! eeh it's so exciting :)

Hi Urchin,

I haven't tried anything to get me going so far. I'm a bit in two minds at the moment. I'm fed up with all the aches and pains that go along with pregnancy and I just want Bubble in my arms now but at the same time the thought of the labour and birth experience is un-nerving me slightly so I'm holding back on trying things to get it going!!
Does that make any sense at all? :?

Think I'll leave it until after the weekend and then start on the pineapples!!! LOL xxx

It makes loads of sense BubbleOne- I felt the same until I read that thread about sweeps! The thought of that has turned me into a girl on a mission!

I've just got back from a three hour walk (waddle) around the shops. Got two pineapples in the fruit and veg shop for £1 so guess what we're having for pudding!

+++

<<<<Just about to drink my 2nd cup of raspberry tea lol..

Tried the Pineapple but with it being so acidic I get a poorly tummy everytime. :0(

Had the sweep at 10am, and certainly didnt do anything I dont think.......

Watch this space.........

Ragna xx

Ragna said:
<<<<Just about to drink my 2nd cup of raspberry tea lol..

Tried the Pineapple but with it being so acidic I get a poorly tummy everytime. :0(

Had the sweep at 10am, and certainly didnt do anything I dont think.......

Watch this space.........

Ragna xx

Well they reckon it can take 48 hours to get things started so make sure you keep us posted!

Ragna - When did you start with the Raspberry tea?

I asked my midwife about it on Tuesday and she said it's pointless unless you start drinking it at around 36weeks?

Do you think it's worth a go anyway? :?:

Bubbles I started it at 36 weeks !!!! I have 3 cups of it a day and actually like it now (just add a spoonful of sugar) I get mine from Holland and Barretts for £1.19 for 20.

Im not sure whether it will do anything but as I dont drink caffine its a nice change from Water!!

Still had not major contractions but do feel a bit different. Probably tender I guess. Forget to say earlier that im 4/5 engaged (saw it on my notes) So woohoooo.

Ragna xxxx

I'm still here too. Went to midwife and baby is 3/5 engaged now. Getting loads more cramps but still no sign :eek:( HURRY UP. Gonna get my ball, pump it up and bounce around a bit on it. Dad made me another hot curry tonight as well. Really bbbbbbbbbboooooooooooorrrrrreeeed now. Just waiting ............................................................. MW didn;t mention anything about sweeps and things today and 12 days they will let me go over.

She did say there was a lapse at the MW Unit so they are all getting ready for a big explosion of babies there, maybe mine will be one of them. Only 2 delivery suits though so I better be soon or I'll be there having her in the bathroom!

Good luck ladies!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

<Sigh> just got an email lecture from my mother about not trying to force the baby to arrive before it's ready blah blah :( I shouldn't have told her I was trying stuff.

It's not like I've demanded an induction or c section or anything is it? Frankly I think all of these things just work with your body, if it's not ready it won't really happen, the raspberry leaf, pineapple, sex, clary sage and walking just aid your body's preparation.

<Sigh> I can feel her panic from here even though she's an hour and a half away. Maybe I'll be better off with my oh so squeamish fainting husband after all as she just manages to up the stress levels somehow.

Sorry, moan over!

Just had pineapple for pudding in defiance!
+++

Bubble one, I was told to start with raspberry leaf at 36 weeks. I started on one tablet a week, and have moved up to 2. Will have 3 next week. I have the tablets as I am such a baby about drinking things. I don't know how far along you are but it might be worth a go, even if you only take it for a few days that should be better then nothing??? It helps tone your uterus so you have a quicker 2nd stage, and softens your cervix so maybe its the litle opush baby needs. Good luck with it, hope baby doesn't keep you waiting x

Morning all :0)

STILL HERE !! nothing happened over night after yesterdays Sweep :(

Got one day to go now until Due Day although today is MY due day by my period !!!

Gonna have a relaxing Day as I really didnt want baby today as its the 2nd Anniversary of my Dads Death...although if I did I guess it would be something positive :0) Very much one of those people that think things always happen for a reason. Whatever I have whether a boy or girl we are incorporating my Dads name into babies name. Aidan James JORGEN or Sophie Rae Georgia (Cos George is the english equivilant to Norweigan Jorgen)

So how is everyone else ???? Its like a race now and isnt there a lot of us due at the same time. Was thinking about that.....What was happening around end of Jan/Feb ???? pmsl pmsl Nawty lot of nymphomaniacs !!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm still here!

My plans for the day include:

- Eating more pineapple
- Going for a long walk with hubby (wrapping up warm obviously it looks freezing out!)
- Watching "The baby channel"
- Having a curry for tea.

Hubby hates curry so unlikely to get any thing from him later, if you know what I mean! :oops:

Me too I'm still here!

Starting to worry about whether this forum trend and the trend Emma said her midwife told her about in the hospital means that there's going to be a rush any minute now! Hope not as there are only a few delivery rooms at my hospital! Funnily enough there weren't many women due the same time as me at our ante-natal class- I was one of the last due and the girl due after me is due in two weeks time (we have lunch together now!)

Ho hum.

Have just been on an nice walk around the snowy park, pineapple for dinner again and lost of clary sage in between I think. I have a funny feeling about the weekend somehow- maybe I'm just going crazy finally!

How is your heating Urchin? I was thinking of you last night as I went to the loo for the third time and realised how cold our house was without the heating on. Are you ok?

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back