Over Due Ladies

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey,
Just wondered who else is over due and thought id start this thread to give us some moral support (im in need of it) Im booked in to be induced on Fri and ive been in what the call 'slow labour' since sat night. So desperate to meet baby now. Im starting to feel really down, I know Friday isnt long away, but I jsut keep wondering whats wrong with me? why isnt my body doing what it should. Had 2 sweeps now and they struggled to do both! Chin up to all other over due ladies and hope babies come real soon xxx

just wanna say hang in there! at least you know its gonna defo happen on friday if not before. good luck x

You never know hun things might just all kikck off , and it's not an issue with your body, just one of thiose things hun , hang in there, baby will be here soon - must be a girl, always fashionably late !

Last edited:
im not overdue (yet) but saw midwife today and was a little cocky (saw consultant at 38wks and baby was 2/5th engaged & all ready to come...

now at 40wks, babys popped head out and turned back to back with me, and now im waiting to see consultant nxt tues to see when im goin to be induced, probs first few days in december :-( :wall2:

im sooo gutted because consultant was so happy with me and basically midwife appt today was for sweep, obviously couldnt have this cos of head poping out and now being back to back, just playing a waiting game until baby makes an arrival, but told today its VERY unlikely it will happen naturally cos of the size of my bump (44cms) so ive been told to say bye bye to my wanted waterbirth :-( and there is now a possiblity that it will end in a c-section if babys too big, or if baby is too distressed during labour,

so im feeling really poo, i kno there is still time for baby to move back again and start things naturally, but i guess the thing worrying me the most now is that my local hospital has been full all this week, and are having to send people to the other local hospitals which are 20-30 miles away, just want i want- not!!! :shock:

x

Im OVERDUE toooo! :( Had second sweep today and was 2cm dilated so she could do sweep properly. Since then I have been on two walks but baby doesnt seem to want to budge... Im not being induced until next Thursday so still have a wait! xxxxxx

Thanks very much ladies, you really are a big help and great having somewhere to come and talk with people who understand! xxx

Amy - this sounds awful, its so disapointing isnt it? Having a C-sec is my worst fear and longer little one in there, bigger its getting! I just keep thinking my induction wont work and will end up having one. We just have to try and stay positive and remember we will have our babies soon and whatever we have to go through as long as they are safe! x

Pudds, this is just like mine. Had another sweep today been on a walk and been to aquanatal and im still having the pains every half hour but nothing. Baby must be really comfy! x

c-section is my worst fear too, partly cos its so close to xmas, partly cos hubby only got 2weeks of work, n ever since i was 17 ive allways had my own car n been independant, n dont like the fear of that being taken away from me n having to pay a small fortune to use the local busses, lol

yeh as long as there safe thats all that matters, but i wana have a safe baby in my arms n not in my belly now, lol

the sweeps dont sound nice, im kinda glad they have missed that bit out for me, lol

have they explained what they will actualyl do to you when they induce u? my midwife just said ask them at ur appt next week, pfft! lol i wana prepare, well as much as i can doo!!

xxx

I am going for an uber long walk to town and back today, I am determined to get him out before the weekend. I live in Basingstoke and I dont know if you saw us on the news for the last 2 years but it seems to be on a major snow belt! I said to Hubby this morning (SEVERE SNOW DUE TOMORROW!) that we will be stuck in the house delivering baby and be on the news. lmao. xx

Amy - totally know what you mean and how you feel! Really want baby here with me safe and the longer this goes on the worse it feels. Been up all night again with contractions. Got to as close as 5 mins apart and thought i was gona go mad with the pain and now they have gone all random again! So fed up and feels as though the pain is for nothing! At the hos where im going the put some gel up into your cervix on a thin tube, have to lay for hour and half and then can take up to 6 hr to work, they repeat this 3 times and if it doesnt work its C-sec. If it does work and they can burst your waters they will do this with a small needle thing and then hook you up to a drip with the hormones that make you contract. But i do know at another hos they use like a tampon thing that stays in you for 24 hr and then the drip! None of it sounds pleasent to be honest! When is your induction date?

Pudds, im just about to go for a long walk myself although it gets really painful and i have to keep stopping so it could take me hours! Oh ive seen about the snow too, thats typical. When is your induction date?

Stay in touch you two, let me know how you getting on xx

induction is booked for 7am on Thursday... still got a week to try and get him out on my own. Praying he makes an appearance over the weekend. I just want him out so bad now. I expecially want to lay on my tummy! lol. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back