Who's due nowish?

Keep those chins up ladies (I have two chins actually at the moment- oh the joys etc!), it won't go on forever, honest. It's so hard after so long to still be waiting I know but I guess our babies and bodies know better than we do when to do their thing. My Dad's very into astrology as I've said before and he says that the baby is waiting for the right time and we should have faith that it'll happen when it's ready. It does give me some comfort :)- not sure it'll last until I'm a week or so over but right now I'm going for whatever I can get! Every hour is an hour closer though!

Hugs all round my dears!

My OH and I just had a row because my little brother who has no money has brought us a very expensive baby monitor that has a baby cam on it. It upsets my DH because he doesn't think he should have spent that kind of money on us and to be honest we don't need a camera as well as a monitor but I just think it was very kind of my brother who obviously wanted to get the best for us. <Sigh> Why isn't everything easy eh?

Speak to you soon, off to play with the new toy! Personally I'm thinking of all the wicked spy-type fun we can have with it!

+++
p.s. how about olive oil on your bump Emma? I haven't tried it but someone (Tineke?) was saying how good it was a while back...?

Right that's IT!!

I HAVE to get out of the house.....I just blubbed my eyes out to last years Band Aid video! :oops:
It's stopped raining so I'm gonna leg it out and do some walking, if I don't I'll regret it later when it's dark and miserable again.

Hopefully I won't be so fed up when I get back.

Hi

i was reading a while ago, about how they never used to induce babies. they just used to let them come when they are ready. there were stories of babies that were born after 11 months. i bet that made their eyes water. lol :lol:

A friend of mine was born a month late and she was still only 6lbs but then her and her Mum are very slight.

Urchin- it does sound like you need to get out! Hope the rain stops long enough for you :).

+++

I'm back, and have bought a pineapple plant, which cheered me up a bit!

Kinda looks like this

35231f.jpg

Cool! Like the pineapple tree!

I'm getting a period type pain every hour- lasts a minute or two and then goes again- could this be stuff getting ready or is that kind of like a contraction? It doesn't seem to do the tightening thing really....?

Is it just wishful thinking?

+++

Rosebay said:
Cool! Like the pineapple tree!

I'm getting a period type pain every hour- lasts a minute or two and then goes again- could this be stuff getting ready or is that kind of like a contraction? It doesn't seem to do the tightening thing really....?

Is it just wishful thinking?

+++

Oh I hope it is!
I'm still getting pains about every 20-30 mins. it's just annoying though because they aren't getting worse, they're just staying as they are. Weird to want MORE pain though, isn't it? :lol:

urchin said:
Oh I hope it is!
I'm still getting pains about every 20-30 mins. it's just annoying though because they aren't getting worse, they're just staying as they are. Weird to want MORE pain though, isn't it? :lol:

Too true! I'd forgotten how much I dislike period pain whatever this is! Still- bring it on!

Fingers crossed!

+++

Right, well I've definitely having a bit of a show at the moment which is good news I guess. No more period type pains since about 4 but general aches and the odd BH. I'm trying not to get myself, my DH and my parents too excited too soon at the moment as it still could be days despite the show I know but they are all bouncing around with excitement nonetheless.... hope I don't disappoint!

How is everyone else doing?

+++

I just got in from my son's Christmas fayre.

Still getting twinges all the time (I had my "show" yesterday)

After a slow start I've been quite active today so hoping it'll get things moving faster.

I'm still pissed off, I moaned at the midwife today I called her at the hospital in a whingey feeling sorry for myself voice "It's not working" :) Anyway went to the hospital for another sweep. She just said it thinned out a bit more and that's it. She said there is a good chance that I'll deliver over the weekend (hoping as the Gremlin is up North out getting drunk so he won't make it back in time). Anyway, I have had no pains or anything since this sweep :( I think mines staying in there forever.

Great news Jen about yours though and Urchin, you poor thing too, but at least you are getting some pains. I'm not getting anything. Like you say "Bring it on". I want some pains :shock:

Good luck ladies

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think I had a proper contraction but I'm not totally sure. It started as a period pain, got more intense then spread upwards about a third up my bump and then went off quite quickly. I had one at 8 and one at 8.45...?

Am I right in thinking that this can go on for days at this kind of interval? Does it gradually get quicker or can it get quicker then not etc or is that a sign of false labour? You'd think I'd know all about it by now but my DH keeps asking me questions and I'm not sure!

Sounding good Urchin!

Hope the second sweep has worked Emma- fingers crossed for you.

+++

Hi,

Contractions start as mild period pain, then your stomach tightens and it gets tighter and tighter and the pains slowly gets worse, then it peaks and starts to die off, they are only mild to start with but you the day goes on they get more painful.

Hope this helps.

You can be contracting mildly but they could come every 5 minutes within the next hour, just time them and ring the midwife.

Fingers crossed
:D :D

Getting them every 10 mins now but they don't last long at all. Wo- it could really be happening! Ooer!

Hope I'm in company hereabouts!

+++

Hey Jen that's great. Still nothing from me though. Wonder about Urchin :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I just phoned my midwife and she reckons we're on! I've had them between 6-7 mins for the last hour and a half lasting for about 38 seconds. She said not to go in until they're 3 mins apart for an hour though which is shorter than I'd thought. Have just had a bath and some paracetamol which she advised. Feeling apprehensive but excited still!

+++

<<<Reporting in, just hoping Im not going to be the only one..sob.

Wonder how Rosebay and Urchin are ????

Ragna xxxxxxxxxx

I've been contracting most of the night,10 mins apart, really regular, but not very painful. I had to "breathe through" a few but thats about it so far.
I managed to get back to sleep at about 5am.

Now sitting on my ball waiting so see if they'll come back properly again.

Good news about rosebay, she could be a mom already!

I text Jen this morning as she said last night she was calling at 12 to the midwife I haven't heard from her today so I presume she's in labour or had the baby - yippee!!!.

I am still here :(. More tightenings but that's it! :( We are all very pissed off aren't we???

Had a few cramps last night but then it all stopped, a few today but nothing else.

Thought maybe after yesterdays sweep as well that may have brought something on but nothing. Sorry I know Ragna you must be so pissed off and you are in the same boat too Urchin but this is really doing my head in. I guess I want it to happen today as well as idiot has gone up North partying and he won;t be back in time as well which means that's less to worry about.

Good luck today ladies (and me)!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GO ROSEBAY!!!!!

Lets hope she is fine and everything is goig to plan and it hasn't all stopped! :(

Ah bless all these mummy's to be- i can see there being a few done by monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back