when did you start buying for bubbas?

NaomiiLeiigh.

Reaction score
So when did/are you girlies planning on getting the main things for your bubbas.
Tbh I'm a bit unsure on when to start buying the bigger bit as me and my oh are hoping to move before
LO gets here so just wondered when you all started :)

I started at about 13weeks. Ordered and paid deposit on pram. Bought bits and bobs every month when we seen special offers. Bottles, steriliser, nappies and stuff have all just gradually piled up. And we were given lovely 2nd hand bedroom furniture. And used our nieces cot, just bought a new mattress. Decorated the bedroom. So it's actually been spread out really well for us. We didn't have the money just to go buy everything at once...xx

Started with clothes and toys at around 12 weeks and the bigger items like pram, cot etc after the 20 week scan

ive got all the big things pram, cot, car seat, bath, moses basket, erm 3 boxs of newborn nappies lol waiting till after the scan to buy clothes and bedding, still not sure to find out if we are blue or pink team

Oh dear I'm almost 23weeks & haven't brought much yet.. as we should be moving & as its are first both my mum & ohs are getting us a few of the big bits. Best start though I guess lol x

We ordered our pram at 20 weeks, and started buying everything after then pretty much. Now with 6 weeks to go we have nothing left to buy!
So now just using the extra cash to stock up on nappies/wipes etc :) x

Last edited:
We started quite early on, we have bottles, bath support, clothes (staying team yellow so we don't have much), bouncer, play mat and have just found the pram we want. MIL is buying our pram and my mum is buying our crib :) We have spread the buying out which we thought was best to do. We have a lot on in July so only small things next month. x

You've still got plenty of time, I would say get most things before you reach 30 weeks and you'll be fine. x

I think we're going to order the pram this month, my parents are going to get the cotbed.

We're going to a big Mothercare at the weekend so I need to make a list actually!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I think we're going to order the pram this month, my parents are going to get the cotbed.

We're going to a big Mothercare at the weekend so I need to make a list actually!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I cannt do mothercare so expensive is it true there just going online & closing down there shops as i was told. x

I ordered and paid deposit on pram at something daft like 8 weeks.
But I didn't buy much after that til I was near 30wks. Just had a few wee outfits and a steriliser.
At about 30wks, we went out and bought all the furniture and most of the things we needed.
Still have a few bits to get, but I'm not worrying just yet, and the things we need, other people have said they'd buy for us (monitors and baby bath) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

We have most of the big stuff already. I wanted to get the bigger more expensive bits out of the way first.

We have cot, moses basket (already had that just bought the mattress), pram, carrycot and carseat. Movement mat, bottles and steriliser.

I have a list so I know what I need. I'm hopefully going to find out the sex of baby on Thursday so currently waiting before buying anything else.

Lucky we're getting brought the biggest bits pram ( travel sytm ) & Moses basket and few other bits iv got a list & few clothes but for some reason I'm really starting to worrie about what we should have by now. & I know I'm going to forget something x

started buying little things after 20 week scan and then bit by bit getting bigger things got almost everything nw ..but yes u gt time left x

We started buying cute little bits from 11 weeks and waited to buy clothes and furniture etc until after the 20 week scan. Now there's no stopping us!

We started buying things after our 20 week scan, only have a few more things to get now, we are team yellow so we have only bought clothes to get us through the first month x

I am so excited already doing the research, after reading the comments I think DH and I will start buying for baby as soon as we are in the second trimester. I am still a bit worried being in the first trimester so can't wait till the next 3 weeks have passed by :D

I cannt do mothercare so expensive is it true there just going online & closing down there shops as i was told. x

We won't buy everything from there but we have a massive flagship store so we can go and have a look around and if we see anything we fancy we can make a note of it and shop around.

We don't have all that much to get to be honest.

Sister is lending us the crib for the first few months, she also has some almost new bumpers so we just need a mattres and blankets.

Sis will buy us the baby chair and she has a baby gym, practically unused, that she will donate

My parents are getting the cot so we'll need mattress, bumpers and bedding. Although we won't need that until bub is a bit bigger!

We are team yellow so can't go mad with clothes but we will need some neutral towels and blankets! We'll need a baby bath as well...

Our only massive outlay will be the pram [and I do want a Bugaboo Chameleon :shock:]

Sorry I am thinking out loud here...

xxxxx

Last edited:
I have been told by lots of people not to buy to many clothes anyways as they grow so fast but I think im probz going to
Buy most stuff online seems to be cheaper & luckly we're getting lots of gifts x

We ordered pram at 16wks and have just picked up bottles, nappies etc since about 24 wks. We had some stuff from when I had my ds so haven't had to buy too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back