When did you start buying the essentials?

Water_Melon

Reaction score
So far I've bought the moses basket/stand. I really want to buy more but do you think its too early? (17 weeks tomorrow)
So I was wondering when you guys all started buying prams, cots etc :)

I started buying at 12 weeks only because I knew that we didn;t have long to get stuff and I am rubbish with money xx

Hey, I put the deposit and order in for my pram at 13 weeks, and started stocking up on wee bits and bobs every week since then. Got sleepsuits and vests etc... At 20 weeks we got Moses basket and stand, and then the bath and towels... Iv also been picking up wipes, and maternity pads and breast pads for a couple I weeks when iv been at asda. We have just been trying to spread the cost a bit, so getting wee bits and bobs when we can. And I don't believe in the old wives tales about not having stuff in the house. Just not practical for us :) xx

P.s we are hoping to start decorating the room next week, to get cot and furniture in and I'm 26.5 weeks :) xxx

I have got nothing but cloths so far lol x

I have got the bulk of stuff- still need a steriliser and changing mat but where the other main items are concerned, we pretty much have everything and the nursery was finished last week :)

I have started buying a pack of wipes every time I go to Tesco and have picked up a couple of pack of nappies too. I just keep picking up bits and bobs every week to help spread the cost.

XX

I have got nothing but cloths so far lol x

Same!! X

Edit:
We have our pram too, but its not fully paid off yet and still at the shop x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

We have got so far some blankets, some clothes, a couple of toys, a bath thermometer, muslins, a changing bag and I think that's all?
Going to order the pram at around 20 weeks and probably buy some furniture like the changing table and some drawers around then.
The cot and crib probably at around 30 weeks?
Meantime all the other little bits I suppose :(
I found the shopping stressing and completely overwhelming. I am pretty sure I will forget essential things :(
It Dosent help either that 30 mom at the mall at the moment seem much to me before my back starts hurting :(

I did lots and lots of research but didn't actually buy anything till about 26 weeks. then I went crazy and bought most things within a few days! x

I started buying clothes before my bfp, I bought nappies and wipes every week from 6 weeks. I got my pram last week x

im dying to buy stuff like vests n bby grows in the asda baby event but im only 7 weeks way to early yet i will however start at 12 weeks ish x

I only got my cot at 17 weeks as it was given to me. Pram i only got last week. Started buying clothes and nappies and other bits and bobs after my 20 week scan x

I've got alot of the stuff as I've got a ds already but I've bought nappies so far. Oh and a baby swing. We ordered the pram at 16wks but only bcoz it's quite pricey!!

i had everything either i brought or was brought or given to me by 20 weeks i got the first thing an outfit when i did my test and it came back positive at 3 weeks didnt buy anything else til 8 weeks then i got a buggy crazy i know x x x

Mr W and me decided that after my 16 week appt that we will start to buy a 'big' purchase each month to spread the cost and will start picking up other bits and bobs each month too. I think we will be using FIL's makro card next time we are home and bulk buying baby wipes and nappies most likey. We have a very expensive few months from may-aug so just don't want to get caught out :) x

We ordered our pram when had our 12 week scan. My mum and sister bought us a crib with mattress for in our room about the same time. We got a cot off eBay last week. Bought a few items of clothes - not too many, but we're going to the outlet village next week so that could change!!! That's about it really, going to start buying some nappies and such next week.

Edit: Also got a steriliser at the last Asda baby event :)

Last edited:
I started buying nappies when we started trying to have a baby. Just bought one pack a week ish and wipes too. Then by 12weeks we had quite a few packs of vests and sleepsuits.
We also started looking at prams and nursery furniture after 12 weeks scan. Put deposit down on pram about 16 weeks as was expensive so wanted time to pay it off which we did last week.
We had ordered the nursery furniture and had nursery decorated by 25 weeks.
We've got practically everything we need now. Even my hospital bag is packed! X

Am buying 2 packs of nappies a week and have bought a few outfits. Going pram shopping next week so will no doubt come home with armfuls of stuff

No not at all, ive herd peeps buying when they are really early on in first trimester or when they are not even pregnant so i dont think 17weeks is too early. plus theres so much to buy its best to start earlyish on in 2nd trimester.

I started at 17weeks, got the pram at 18weeks and boy stuff after my 20week scan x

I bought a few vests very early on in my pregnancy, I couldn't help myself. I then bought more outfits after my 12 week scan and started collecting nappies, wipes, etc. I also started researching the big things we needed. The pram was ordered by around 20 weeks and we were given a moses basket and cot. My mum and MIL have been buying bits monthly aswell so apart from monitors I pretty much have everything I need. Just need to finish the nursery and pack the hospital bags now :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back