When did you first buy maternity clothes?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I'm wondering when you all first started buying maternity clothes. I'm almost 11 weeks but my jeans are already tight, and was thinking after our 12 week scan I might just go and buy lots of maternity stuff so that I'm prepared for when I get a huge bump, but also because it would just be comfier to start wearing them now! :roll:

Due to tight jeans and bloat I was already wearing maternity jeans at your stage! They were a little big but I brought ones that were adjustable. They were a little off on the fitting but I was comfortable and wore long tops.

Becareful with buying too many maternity clothes at once....Some people only put weight on their bump but some (Like myself) can put it on their legs, hips etc which can throw your sizing out as you get bigger and be a big waste of money xxx

Last edited:
I got some after my 12 week scan...like Miss I was just so uncomfortable in my old clothes. Maternity jeans kick ass...I LOVE mine, they're soooo comfy!!! I agree with Miss though (surprisingly...she's never usually right - hehe) that you should only get a couple of bits and pieces as you may go up a dress size later on.

xx

Dear Diary....

On today Friday 4th Feb Wishuponastar agreed with me!!!!!

Lots of love Missy xxx

When I was around your stage, and up until about 20 something weeks, I just used a hair bobble and looped one end round the button and put the other end through the button hole then wrapped the bobble back round the button......make any sense lol.

I wouldn't buy too much at this stage as you don't know how big you're going to get and where you're going to put the weight on..I live in leggings, loose jumpers or shirts and woolen dresses at the moment and I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet.You can get those belt extensions that you can put on your jeans or trousers and that should be enough for now !

mmm i started just before christmas I think, I couldnt stand my jeans any longer lol so I went and got a pair of maternity ones from new look...hubby called them turkey eating pants as it was just before christmas lol
I was probably about 12 weeks ish, maybe 11

Then after crimbo I bought another pair so I have the elastic top ones and the big bump ones, both are super comfy, and I have now bought a couple of tops too, but I reckon Iwill wear these even after baby is born as they are just like long tops :)

I have found leggings and long tops to be the comfiest option to be honest, and Im currently looking forward to warmer weather when I can wear loose dresses and things like that

I've bought some maternity clothes this week. Have been having trouble getting maternity jeans to fit. They're all too big :( I even ordered a £49 pair of mamas & papas mat jeans and they're horrible fitting!! So they're being returned too the same as the three previous pairs I got.

At the mo, I'm still using a hair bobble through my button hole and looping my button but I'm getting to the point where that's starting to be a struggle. There was something I seen in mother & baby mag actually that extended your jeans...I've just remembered about it!! Away to find out what it is and I'll share. x

I bought maternity jeans at 12 weeks as my regular pants were unbearable. I can still wear most of my pre-baby shirts, but they were looser to begin with. First baby for me :)

am not feeling any bigger yet, but went to my mums today and got my old "fat" clothes from her attic. just making sure i'm ready when pickle starts to become a bump

When I was around your stage, and up until about 20 something weeks, I just used a hair bobble and looped one end round the button and put the other end through the button hole then wrapped the bobble back round the button......make any sense lol.

Haha that's what I am doing :) I don't feel like I have a proper bump bump yet so I don't want to buy maternity jeans incase they fall don haha x

Last edited:
I'd put on weight before getting pregnant and got severly bloated in the first 12 weeks so I already had some work maternity trousers then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back