When did you start wearing maternity clothes?

TORino

Reaction score
I'm getting a bit fat now, note fat and not bump lol and I was wondering if I should start buying a few bits to wear? I know that I'm not going to fit into my work pants when I get back home so I'm definitely going to have to buy something new for work but I'm not sure if I'll be ready to wear maternity specific things.

When did you guys start wearing maternity clothes?

Sweetie on my first I didnt outgrow my usual clothes until 22weeks! Sooo disappointing. With this one - Im not even 9 weeks and I am contemplating!!! Buy things as and when you need to..... its about comfort. Dont be uncomfy! xx

I started about 20 weeks, because my normal Jeans etc were getting uncomfy (although they did still fit). The MC were all a bit big for me at that stage but more comfy. Now (23 weeks) I'm so pleased I got them early!

I had to start wearing maternity clothes from about 13 weeks!!!

Jeans i started around 12 weeks as mine we tight other clothes are ok at mo as I live in leggings but I really think it depends on each person get them when you need them or your planning a big meal :)

Jeans about 14 weeks but everything now apart from a few tops xx

I havent started wearing maternity clothes yet, i have got a belly tho, i live in leggings when im not at work, and at work i have to put a hair booble on my trouser button so it stretches lol I am going to buy a few maternity bits soon, i wore a materity bra in tri 1 but the soreness has worn off in tri 2 :) xxx

i havent yet. my jeans and everything still fit me but theyre not comfy so i live in leggings

I started at about eleven weeks :( they are so comfy though x

no maternity clothes for me yet, still in all my normal clothes and look pretty much the same, think this bump is going to take a while to show.

xxx

I'm the same as you Nurse! I don't think I look very pregnant, but hopefully my bump will eventually come along!

I'm the same as you Nurse! I don't think I look very pregnant, but hopefully my bump will eventually come along!

I'm hoping that too esperanza, it will be nice when people actually notice im pregnant, think it will make it feel more real too.

My mum said she never even had a hint of a bump till 24 weeks with me (her first) hope i show before that :oooo:

My MIL was on the phone last night and i havnt seen her since i was 12 weeks, she asked me how many clothes sizes i had gone up (really??) when i told her none her reply was "that dosent sound right!!"

Oh Mother in laws are really sent to try us :lol:

I buy things on sale as i see them and they are so comfy!!! The first pants i got at about 14 weeks :) x

None yet but still quite early on. Belly definitely getting bigger though... Might look in a couple of weeks when on half term - hopefully there will be some sales on so I can buy and stash if they are still a bit big!!

I've been in maternity clothes at work for a couple of weeks, as to be honest my others were a bit tight before I got pregnant!

My other clothes I'm just about getting away with a bobble through the loop on my jeans, and wearing some of my baggier tops. Also thought if I start buying some bits now, it won't seem like such an expense when my bump becomes a proper bump, and not podge!!

I started wearing maternity work trousers from 18 weeks but with normal work shirts and at home I can still wear my normal clothes my jeans sit below my bump.

i struggled til 18 weeks and then suddenly grew when regular jeans etc werent an option! x

13/14 weeks for me. Such a relief when I put them on. Normal jeans dug into me.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back