Help... Nothing to wear!

Flips4

Reaction score
I have one pair of Jeans, a couple of longish tunics and tops and a dress that still fit me, everything else just doesn't fit, I don't really wear leggings and don't think I'm quite ready for maternity clothes. Luckily i wear very accommodating scrubs for work but the rest of the time I'm stuck!! Right now I'm wearing my pjs as everything else is in the wash...

What did everyone else do? When did you start wearing maternity stuff?

Help I'm already missing my wardrobe lol

Haha me too!!! Nothing fits other than leggings! Think I might just sod it and buy mat jeans! I live in pj's these days!!!

I started wearing maternity clothes about 10 weeks properly, they were all baggy and horrible at first, but fit nicely now.

I've just been buying a bit in every now and again but still only have enough clothes for one week

I've found New Look the best (if you get a big store)

Oh you said no leggings!! They are literally all I wear - I haven't fitted into any of my clotes since about 13 weeks :shock: :shock:

I have about 10 pairs of leggings and loads of vests and oversized tops..

Very few of the things I currently wear are actually maternity though!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The only thing I'm wearing maternity atm is jeans and a top. The rest is my normal tops/vests.
I'm lucky I'm all bump though.

I'm going to invest in a few mat tops as my wardrobe is in desperate need of updating anyway!

I'm still wearing all my jeans with the button undone and a hair band looped through the button hole and button (if that makes sense) they're just too tight to do the button but I'm not big enough for maternity clothes yet so that will have to do for now lol. Oh and a long-ish top to cover the unbuttoned part and zip. I only just discovered this and before that I had to pull out my fat jeans which were so horrible and frumpy

I'm still in my size 8s. Now I just put a size 10 vest top under my my t-shirts as their longer :)
But I'm not when to get maternity clothes as I'm not sure i'll get that big :\ x

I started wearing some maternity clothes from about 12 weeks..
Don't have a 'maternity wardrobe' as such, just a few tops and cardigans..
But I literally live in leggings! I've found their the comfiest thing to wear, and you dont have to splash out on expensive maternity wear xx

I've got loads of MIL clothes to wear until babies born. Saves me buying stuff and as she's 2 to 3 sizes bigger than me they'll work great with bump.
Just make sure wash them well before returning them ;)

i started buying a few bits from the Next sale section online. they have a maternity bit. Not much left though now they are gearing up for the summer sale.

Bon Prix also has loads of cheap maternity stuff. i have loads now cause i need to look smart for work, then casual stuff for evenings and weekends!

i started quite early too, about 10 weeks.

I think I may bite the bullet and get some maternity jeans in the next week lol. I'm wearing leggings and a dress/tunic today but am soooo self conscious of my bum and thighs lmao. Just feel like I look fat and not pregnant. I tried the hairband on button trick but my jeans kept slipping down and were so uncomfortable lol. Thanks for the suggestions ladies and I'm def going to check out the recommended shops etc x

At 13 weeks I got some nice comfy jeans from H&M with the big belly band part, it was pretty baggy at first (though the actual jeans fit nicely) but now the belly bit is really starting to fill out!
I've bought 2 dresses on eBay and some shorts (but I hate them as they're under bump and keep falling down constantly) and apart from that I'm still managing to get away with my more generous pre preg dresses (elasticated empire type things and tunics with belts).
I can't do leggings as I don't like my legs! I am always looking out for things I can wear once bub is here as I feel like I'm wasting my money otherwise :)

Last edited:
all my cloths have become very tight :/ only thing I wear is leggings lol ..but did nt start needing new cloths til a few weeks ago x

Think I was about 16 weeks when I started to buy bits and pieces, first purchase was maternity jeans as they are soooo comfy lol. Got to the point now though that my maternity tops aren't big enough for my bump - I measure 56.5 inches around :O had to go up a couple of sizes in maternity for the stuff to be long enough to cover bump. Bought a couple of tshirts from new look yesterday to see me through next 20 days x

I've got quite a few maternity bits - most bought from eBay (got addicted for a while lol), and they're just so much more comfortable!!! I started wearing maternity trousers for work from about 22-ish weeks I think.

Last edited:
Ah hun I feel your pain lol. I live in legging though lol and I have had to biy some pjs ( most of mine a shorts and I want long ones) I find my self wearing the same things because they are confy or loose and although my OH says you cant tell my jeans feel tight and some tops do to so I stay away from them. I am going out today for a meeting with little ones school and I am dreading putting the only pair of jeans on that fit me lol. They feel tight as the day goes on. I am seriously considering mat jeans soon but I dont want to while they are going to be loose and baggy and feel horrible I wud prefer to wait til my bump is at least there all the time but I dont think waiting is going well:-(

Have any of you ladies heard of lounge pants?
Normally made for men to doss around the house in there nice and baggy. I have a black polar fleece one and really good. Can sit under or over the bump depending which size you get :)

I must admit legging have been my best friend for the past 35weeks :) but a couple of things I bought from topshop online, a black maternity maxi dress, and a black maternity maxi skirt. With the skirt it goes right over the bump, so iv been able to tuck some of my own tops into it. And the maxi dress is great just to shove on with a denim jacket and pumps. Think the dress was £18 and the skirt was £20 xx

Asos have an excellent sale on which started today, there's a few maternity bits in it! I treated myself to a dress and a non mat cardi which I almost bought last night, only to luckily find they're much cheaper today! :D

George asda has some lovely maternity clothes. I got my jeans from there and they were only £16 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back