When did you buy maternity clothes?

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
Stupid question everyone is different but Im in a pickle. I was an 8-10 but my jeans ate getting tight and I will need to use my bump bands soon but just wondering when you started wearing maternity bottoms?xx

im going to have to go buy some clothes im down to the last pair of trousers that i can fasten comfortably lol xx

I think I got my 1st maternity jeans at 16 weeks , I'm 23 weeks and can still wear my own tips but starting to struggle so ordered a few new bits online the other day.

Week 18 for me. Although I have still only bought one top and one pair of jeans, cause I can still fit in most of my clothes.

16 weeks for me, I got fed up with wearing my normal clothes with the top button undone! Couldn't stand the pressure of tight clothes on that area either xx

I've had Topshop maternity jeans in a size 8 since about 8 weeks, I'm a 10 possibly 12 and the 8's will fit all pregnancy, if you're and 8/10 I'd maybe even try a 6, they're called leigh skinnys, nice and skinny and stretchy..:)

xx

after my 12 week scan for a pair of mat jeans but not til week 16 for maternity tops as i just bought the next size up but it started looking silly x

I was in maternity early 11 weeks, possibly before, I can't really remember. Just whenever you feel comfortable hun, you don't want to be squishing that precious bundle of yours x

Hey lovely, I got some maternity jeans and linen trousers this week and they are sooo comfy, next have some nice things and at reasonable prices xx xx

I don't think I started wearing them properly until about week 17.

I got a pair of jeans and two tops a few weeks ago, I need to get more though, especially school trousers :) xx

Still wearing my normal tops but been in maternity trousers since 16 weeks z

I think I will be investing in some maternity trousers this weekend at 20 weeks because my trousers are starting to get uncomfortable around the waist when I sit down for a long time at work.
The only reason, I think, that I have lasted so long in my normal trousers is because the sickness caused me to lose a lot of weight, so it's taken this long to fill them out again since sickness calmed down to being bearable at 14 weeks.
Every cloud has a silver lining, they say, so I haven't had to spend any money yet.

I bought some maternity linen trousers just before 13 weeks xxx

Heya hun,

I went out and bought a Maternity skirt for work, some leggings, one maternity top and two pairs of jeans which a friend gave me.... I can still fit into most of my tops but pretty much all of my trousers don't fit both around the thigh area:shock: and for obvious reasons around my bump. I am 21 weeks today....

I am normally a size 8 but I bought some vest tops in a size 10 the other day and they are so much more comfy especially round the bust area! My floaty work dresses still fit (ish:shock:)....

I think it boils down to comfort hun x

Last edited:
Matalan do some great bits.
I bought some key items ie jeans at 12 weeks, havent worn them much as lived in leggings.
A couple 3/4 sleeve tops.
At the weekend i bought my last lot which involved a pair of linen trousers and i will be wearing them after as the elastic wasitband is all ruffled, 2 vest tops and t shirts. Knowing my luck wel end up having aheat wave before bubba is out. Gonna try some maxi dresses at weekend beachy ones from primark see what they loook like x

I haven't bought anything yet. I do only have one pair of jeans that fit but they sit low under bump, either them or I wear leggings. My tops are all still OK too atm, but I don't think it will be too much longer until I have to go shopping!

XX

Thanks ladies! Sorry for slow reply I had evening sickness so bed early for me yesterday!

I am on holiday tomorrow but will buy some next week I decided to wear a bump band today for the first time and it's great to keep my jeans going for next few weeks! I think by wk 15 I'm going to need trousers for work and some jeans & tshirts at the moment my other clothes are hugging my waistband and in this heat it's uncomfortable.

Ooh matalan and topshop sound like good options!xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back