When did you start wearing maternity gear?

Julia

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering when you first started to wear maternity clothes. I am growing out of my normal clothes but I don't feel as though I need maternity clothes just yet. I have bought a few draw string maternity jeans and trousers and are waiting for them to be delivered. Any advice - I feel very scruffy going to work and going out on the weekends because my clothes are too tight!

hi julia, i only bought a few maternity tops whilst pregnant as i bought a belly belt kit to adjust my trousers,(see link) i found it briliant, it allows you to adjust the size of your usual skirts and trousers without the need to buy maternity trousers!!

http://www.mothersbliss.co.uk/shopping/ ... tybelt.asp

i think they range around £11-£15 but you could probly pick one up on good old ebay!!!!

steph xx

Thanks Steph

That is really useful - just ordered one! Going to see if I can get on with it - looks good though. This baby is costing a fortune already and it is not even here yet!!!! :lol:

Hi Julia,

As you can tell by my ticker I am currently 13wks and I have been in maternity clothes for a little over 3wks!!! :shock: Granted this is my 5th child and you show ALOT SOONER!!!! lol But wow nothing fits me!! :cry: I don't know what maternity clothes cost in the U.K. but here in the states they are soooo expensive and you only where they them for about six months!!! But the people who make them know we will buy them so that's why they cost sooo much!! I guess women start wearing maternity around 3 or 4 months, but I say whenever you feel like you can't wear your regular clothes then by all means wear maternity!!! :D :D :D

xoxo Ree

Well I got bloated almost straight away and couldn't get into my favourite jeans or trousers before I even started putting on weight :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:

My proper bump came at about ten weeks I think.

The biggest mistake I made is buying my entire maternity wardrobe at the first sign of a bump and I have since regretted some of my purchases, so don't be tempted to buy everything you need all at once.

I thought I would want clothes that covered me up all over and it turns out that I have quite a neat shape and would actually like to wear more clingy stuff.

You are better off investing in just a few key pieces that fit really well rather than buying loads of cheap t-shirts that just drown you.

I started wearing maternity clothes towards the end of my first trimester because I was so bloated. Bought a couple of pairs of trousers and wore them with my normal tops. Went out and bought a pair of maternity jeans and a couple of nice stretchy maternity tops from H&M a few weeks ago and it was bliss to wear some more comfy clothes.

Ree - you have H&M in the States right? Do they do their maternity range in there?

Hi rosieroo

What exactly is H&M?? lol Not sure if we have it or not. :?

xoxo Ree

by week 12-13 i was in maternitywear full-time! none of my other clothes fitted! (and it's my first!) MW assured me it was normal, especially as i am only 5'4" and also have a short torso - less space for things to spread out upwards, so it had to spread out instead! lol

i'm now 22+6 and slightly fed up of comments about the size of my bump! "ooh, you ARE big aren't you...?", "are you sure it's not twins?" :shock: arghh!

Ah ha! Maybe that's why I'm so huge in front. I'm 5ft4 with a short torso too and I look ready to drop/whale like (quoting the latest two comments from complete strangers). :lol:

Louise,

I have the same prob, but im only 5ft with a short body!! My bump is huge and i look as if im ready to pop any day now! Just means its more uncomfortable the nearer the end you get!! :cry: I have had to wear bigger clothes since i was 12 weeks!

Natalie x

ree77 said:
Hi rosieroo

What exactly is H&M?? lol Not sure if we have it or not. :?

xoxo Ree

Ree

H&M is a clothes shop for men, women and children.

I know that I went in one in NY. But I am not sure if they have them spread over the states or not :?

I look ready to drop/whale like (quoting the latest two comments from complete strangers)
lol, how cheeky can you get?!?!? i can just about handle this from people i know, but from STRANGERS??? ooooh, i'd not be too impressed! (they'd remain strangers, definitely!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back