What do you think? *Pic*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouiseB

Reaction score
I found a test this morning, that i took yesterday morning and forgot about.

I got my AF this morning to i guess it's a bit redundant to ask - but has anyone had a test that looked like this?

PosTest.jpg

The dotted lines are where i would expect the positive lines to appear and the dark line is the control line.

I had to draw it because i can't find my camera :roll: Hmm, maybe i could use my phone - i'll try and post in a mo if it works.

I'm mainly asking because i'm wondering whether to take it to the doctors with me as it might help my case for IVF if it looks like i'm having a chemical pregnancy.

It might indicate that my OHs sperm is totally screwed on every level or that i have a problem too?

Or maybe it would go against us if i can still get pregnant?

I don't want to take in a weird evap line and for the doctor to think i'm being irrational.

The line is much stronger than the other evap lines i got.

Edit: Here is a photo, bottom image enhansed. Poor quality due to iPhone :roll:
postest1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, i just took another test (not FMU) and it had nothing on it, but like i said i got AF in full flow.

Last edited:
Must be so confusing hun, ive never had a test which looked like that. So sorry you got AF :(

Thanks for replying Shauna - i was starting to feel a little ignored :)

Even on the fuzzy pic, you can still see a line - if I had a test like that, I would class it as positive.

Its worth keeping hold of it - anything is worth a try, eh!

xxx

I can see why you'd be confused hun! Is AF in full flow? x

Hi Hun,

I'd say it may well have been a chemical, but I'd be careful telling the docs, as they'd assume you can get pregnant.

From my experience with the docs they don't seem to have as good an understanding on fertility as you'd imagine, and may not know that a chemical pregnancy can be caused by a problem with his sperm, their attitude with me was - It's really common, happens all the time, most people don't even know.

It is kind of a good thing though if it was though, better then nothing I guess!

xx

Thanks for the replies :)

MissJ - yeah i think so. I'm on my second super plus (tmi). It looks normal.

Maybe - that's what i was afraid of, them not knowing as much as i'd expect them too about fertility and then jumping to conclusions.

I dont think i can take it with me now anyway, i ran it over with my office chair and it's pretty mangled :oooo: (unless it's a different test - i have so many lying around)

I don't feel too bothered about it if it was a chemical pregnancy - i'm just glad i found it after i got AF and not before :shock: And that i'm not going crazy.

At least i know to just repeat what i did last cycle in my last ditch effort :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that hun, I agree though - go for it again with your next cycle! x

Aw hun! so is it too heavy for spotting, implantation? So crappy if its a chemical, least you know you can get pregnant.

Hey mrs. My internet wasn't working last night - nightmare! That is a confusing result. Glad you seem positive about it :) Hopefully it's a sign of a big red line soon to come!x

I had a line exactly like that a couple of months ago - I got really excited, did loads more tests but nothing, and then af came, so I put it down to a dodgy test tbh. I didn't even think it could have been a chemical?

Well i haven't looked into it too much so don't quote me, but i think hCG is released soon after fertilisation before implantation because it also protect the embryo from our immune system.

So, if the egg was fertilised then it could produce a small surge in hCG that registers as a positive and then fail the next day causing an immediate drop in hCG that registers as a negative.

I'm using super sensitive tests so i guess it could be picked up?

The alternative is that it was a faulty test and the control was applied to both the test area and the control area but i dunno.

I guess it doesn't really make much difference.

It is normal for a chemical pregnancy to occur, i just felt it was significant for me to know about it because of my husband's poor sperm :)

Last edited:
I would say dodgy test..... they do say if not appear as it should then its a false test. I also agree not to take it with you to doc in case they think its a positive and say "you see, you can get pregnant - chemical or not" - sorry AF got you this time but babysust for November!!

Hi louizeB: I see the line as well! Sorry about your af. I have also had lines, but they were evaporation lines...anyway, its disapointing!! :(

Big :hugs: to you from me

Lou, sorry to hear tests are causing you problems, Fx things work out better for you soon!

This is a really old thread! Going to close it so people don't get confused x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111