What are you Currently Reading?

LikeJohnnYoko

Reaction score
What is everyone reading at the moment?

Could be a book or a magazine - there's no snobbery in this thread!

I'm currently reading The Help and working through a stack of magazines. I am loving the Help so much - completely engrossed in it; I'm 30% through it currently and I'm having to stop reading it all at once so I can dip into it as a treat. I so want to know what happens next!

Motley Crüe's autobiography and I'm also re-reading Faith of the Fallen from the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind :) love books! If I ever win the lottery I'm having a library! :)

Currently reading The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb. It's all right. Not amazing, like The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, which I was reading before this book. Now that was a hard act to follow (brilliant book!).

50 shades of darker atm x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I was reading 50 shades but got bored of that and yes I was past the spanking bit.

I am now reading magicians apprentice by trudi Canavan.

Those Re on my kindle, in a real life book I am readings James potter and the elders crossing, it's a spin off from the Harry potter books written by someone else to JK but very very good, OH got them printed into hard back for me for my birthday :)

I love reading, maybe we should do a book club....

X x

I'm reading a nurse abroad by Ann watt, she's just amazing! I don't really *do* fiction (bar 50 shades which I hate to love) and mainly read nurse/midwife type things! I swear I should have been born 50odd years ago so I could have been a nurse the old way!

Currently reading The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb. It's all right. Not amazing, like The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, which I was reading before this book. Now that was a hard act to follow (brilliant book!).

I must admit I really wanted to like The Dragon Keeper and I just didn't! I rarely dislike a book but I did dislike this one!

The Help is great isn't it!!

I'm very slowly making my way through 1001 books to read before you die (it'll be a life-long challenge!).

Hubby chose my next book for me with a big grin - Les Miserables! I'm actually chugging my way through quite well. I thought I'd try and read at least 10 pages a day, but after a few days I reckon I could manage 30-40, can't believe how readable it is, after my MiL said she gave up not far in!

I managed 103 pages of that whilst doing my a levels and gave up! I found it really really hard going! I did one of my French presentations on victor Hugo and luckily had enough knowledge from seeing the musical a millon times! Always wanted to try reading it again tho with an older head!

Currently reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold - I must have read it like a million times since high school but it's by far my favorite book. Just makes you think so much about what would it be like if you weren't here anymore (morbid, I know :lol:)

xo

Foucault's pendulum by Umberto Eco.
I am reading this again. Last time I was 17 and it was in the schools curriculum literature.
It's amazing how different we see books in different ages..

I'm not reading anything at the moment .. I must find my kindle!

I lack concentration to read at the moment, but I did love The Help!

I genuinely felt bereft when I finished the Help the other day, I so wanted it to go on for longer! I'm now reading Eat Pray Love. :)

I must admit I really wanted to like The Dragon Keeper and I just didn't! I rarely dislike a book but I did dislike this one!

Yeah. It's feeling a bit like work rather than pleasure. I loved all three previous trilogies though. Did you read The Farseer Trilogy? However I think my taste in books has changed a lot since then.

No I haven't read that trilogy. The dragon keeper is the first robin hobb book I've read.

I've finished both mine and am now on the look out for new reads!

I just finished The Secrets Between Us which was very enjoyable and kept me interesting - which is no mean feat at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back