what are you reading?

suzie1011

Reaction score
i know alot of ou may not have time for books but what are ou reading? is there anthing ou have read and would recommend and is there anthing ou would like to read and what to know how good it was etc.?

im currentl re-reading for the billionth time P.s I Love You by Ceceila Ahern. it is my favourite book of all time :D:D:D:D

i loooooove reading and used to average 3 books a week before i had connor.

since having connor (and apart from my 1 week holiday back in june) i've read 1 book. 1 book! :shock: :shock: :shock: and even then it was a tiny one - bill bryson's one about shakespeare...

i own hundreds and hundreds of books (i refuse to sell or give away any that i like, which is most of them) and they're all in boxes in my garage at the moment. as soon as we move to somewhere bigger, i'm going to dedicate a room to them! :cheer:

some of my favourites include:

katherine - anya seaton
good omens - terry pratchett
the god delusion - richard dawkins

there are soooo many more but i can't think of them all right now. its been too long since me & my books were alone together :( :( :lol:

I read a child called it and thats one I found hard to put down. It's really sad and heart breaking it's a true story.
I have just read No time for goodbye it was on Richard and Judys book club and was brilliant! The whole way through your trying to guess what happened and who done it. It took me no time at all to finish it because I couldn't put it down!
Thank god for Fifi and the flower tots for occupying Summer :lol:

ive just finished slash's autobiography and im now reading my booky wook by russell brand (not that good to b honest) xxx

Nicci, if you like those kind of books, I've just finished reading Anthony Kiedis Scar Tissue (recommended by Fran :D ) OMG I could not put it down. Its a really good read.

I'm currently reading "Torture the Artist" by Joey Goebel, which is quite dark but brilliant. It's a story about a multinational entertainment company which employs a manager specifically to keep on of their artists deliberately unhappy and lonely in order to keep him inspired.

Before that I've read "Addition" by Toni Jordan. A novel about somebody who's got an OCD forcing her to count everything. Not a bad novel, but not the most brilliant I've ever read either.

The next on the list is finally finishing "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey which I had to stop reading as I accidentally drowned it and needed it to dry first to make it readable again.

I love reading, I've always got a book or two on the go. I love real life books such as the princess trilogy's. I've just finished reading cry silent tears, which is heartbreaking and I am now reading Broken by Shy keenan. These are pretty heavy books though.

I also like to read books that make me think, like Richard Dawson or Stephen Hawkins. Although a brief history of time is not light reading and takes a bit of effort. Not a great book to relax with!

I try also to read every now and then books I think I should read, like 1984 or Jane Austin. I'm not a fan of fiction as much, though I used to read a lot when I was younger. I have read all the Harry Potters though and last year I read The lonely bones by Alice Sebold which I found quite good.

I usually read a lot of fiction but at the moment I'm reading "What Mother's Do - Especially when it looks like nothing" by Naomi Stadler.

I first bought the book after DD was born and was so glad, it made me change how I look at being a mum. I'm re-reading it now as I've just bought more copies for my pregnant-soon-to-be-mummies friends.

Last edited:
i love true storys.. im in the middle of dont tell mummy boy tony maguire. its taking me ages to read.. lol.. perhaps we should set up a book swap?

ooooo thanks misslarue i will defo give that a try!!! xxxxxx

Im currently reading the last Harry Potter book again!

I have just finished Chasing Harry Winston - Lauren Weisberger which was good. I like the light reads like the shopoholic books as i dont get as much chance to read and they are good for coming back too.

I've just made my way through the whole Harry Potter books and now working my way through them again cos I read too fast and miss bits :lol:

On the 4th one just now

NICCI said:
ooooo thanks misslaurie i will defo give that a try!!! xxxxxx

You can borrow my copy if you like hun :D
It will save you a tenner! Just PM me your address

Bloom said:

Once I finish my latest book I'm going to read the last two Harry Potters again. So much goes on it's hard to keep track! Also blood prince is out next summer so I want to re-read before I see it :D

Misslarue said:
Bloom said:

Once I finish my latest book I'm going to read the last two Harry Potters again. So much goes on it's hard to keep track! Also blood prince is out next summer so I want to re-read before I see it :D

I have forgot half of what happens in the last book so its like reading a new book all over again its great im getting all the thrills and excitements all over again. Im so sad can you tell im a harry potter fan :rotfl:

Bloom, me too! :lol:

.......I'll admit I used to mock my OH and lil brother about reading them. How wrong was I! They are fabulous books, and I really am not a fan of fiction. You are so right, you forget so much because you are desperate to find out what happens next. A sign of a really good book!

the last 3 nights I have been made to sit there and watch all the harry potter films (or happy potter as I ended up calling them in my drunken state!)

Now I have seen the films I really want to read the books!!

baby-storm said:
the last 3 nights I have been made to sit there and watch all the harry potter films (or happy potter as I ended up calling them in my drunken state!)

Read the books hun! They miss out so much in the films.

baby-storm said:

Oh do they are fab much better than the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back