what are you reading?

We posted at the same time then Misslarue great minds think alike :wink:

"Call the Midwife" by Jennifer Worth

'a true story of the East End in the 1950s' (told by a midwife!) It's an amazing read - I loved it and am reading it for the 2nd time. Would wholeheartedly recommend to everyone on here to read. Some bits you would honestly think wher completely made up they are so amazing!

I really need to find a book I have nearly finished Gordon Ramsay Playing with Fire :bored: :bored:

Bloom said:
baby-storm said:
the last 3 nights I have been made to sit there and watch all the harry potter films (or happy potter as I ended up calling them in my drunken state!)

Now I have seen the films I really want to read the books!!

Oh do they are fab much better than the films.

I read these recently to Tia (her English reading skills aren't on par with children her age in British schools) She loved them but one of the biggest things she commented on was why were the movies so different from the books. :rotfl:

I am currently reading (again) We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver... Its a very deep and dark book... very heavy. The author is extremely talented.

Squiglet said:
I am currently reading (again) We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver... Its a very deep and dark book... very heavy. The author is extremely talented.

oh god, that haunted me all the way through my pregnancy (i'd read it earlier in the year) - its a superbly written book, deeply depressing though. i was convinced i was going to give birth to a psychopath who hated me :roll: :lol: :lol:

Squiglet said:
Bloom said:
baby-storm said:
the last 3 nights I have been made to sit there and watch all the harry potter films (or happy potter as I ended up calling them in my drunken state!)

Now I have seen the films I really want to read the books!!

Oh do they are fab much better than the films.

I read these recently to Tia (her English reading skills aren't on par with children her age in British schools) She loved them but one of the biggest things she commented on was why were the movies so different from the books. :rotfl:

I ruined the first 20 minutes of Goblet of fire by whinging about how much they had msised out! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm reading After Midnight by Richard Laymon.

I love horror books esp Richrad Laymon. Used to read Stephen King but I find I get quite bored by his books now as he just goes on and on trying to explain mundane thins like the weather etc lol.

I also like Val McDermid, Martina Cole, Tess Gerritsen etc

skairdykat said:
I'm reading After Midnight by Richard Laymon.

I love horror books esp Richrad Laymon. Used to read Stephen King but I find I get quite bored by his books now as he just goes on and on trying to explain mundane thins like the weather etc lol.

finally someone who regonises horror books!!! I have nearly all richard laymons (r.i.p) Every single james herbert, in the middle of collection John sauls and have loads richard hutsons!!!

Sorry went off on one there I love these books! get through one every couple days!!

I ahte stephan king, have you ever tried dean koontz? Im debating his but not sure

monster_munch said:
"Call the Midwife" by Jennifer Worth

'a true story of the East End in the 1950s' (told by a midwife!) It's an amazing read - I loved it and am reading it for the 2nd time. Would wholeheartedly recommend to everyone on here to read. Some bits you would honestly think wher completely made up they are so amazing!

I ahve had this book in my colection for the past 4 months and never actually read it, I brought it to tke on my honeymoon but never got the chance to even pick it up!

For some reason since becoming pregnant I've read nothing but Stephen King. His books got me through nasty morning sickness and I'm still reading them. I'm currently on Pet Semetary which is good so far.

Betula said:
For some reason since becoming pregnant I've read nothing but Stephen King. His books got me through nasty morning sickness and I'm still reading them. I'm currently on Pet Semetary which is good so far.

I love pet cemetary oh and the green mile

Atm I'm reading The womanly art of breastfeeding and Raising your spirited child

I've read Ghosts of Sleath by James Herbert which I liked.

My fav Richard Laymon are the Beast House Trilogy, I've read loads more of his too. Not them all but trying to work through them. Since finding this forum though my spare time seems to be spent on here :lol:

I've not read any Dean Kootz either.

The Best Friends guide to Toddlers

31rPRwq05KL._SS500_.jpg

It's really good actually :D

skairdykat said:

My fav Richard Laymon are the Beast House Trilogy, I've read loads more of his too. Not them all but trying to work through them. Since finding this forum though my spare time seems to be spent on here :lol:

Have you read The Secret Of Crickley Hall by James Herbert? It really is an excellent book, the prefect haunted house story :)

''Autobiography of a one year old'' by Rohan Candappa I am only on page 30 but it is so funny! It makes me think of Stewie from Family Guy :D

Betula said:
skairdykat said:

Have you read The Secret Of Crickley Hall by James Herbert? It really is an excellent book, the prefect haunted house story :)

Ooo no, I'll have to try and get hold of it. I love a good ghost story.

yea Crickley hall is amazing, I would lend you my copy but its a huge hardback!!

I love Once and the Magic cottage, both fairy tale horror,

(I have all james herbert and willing to lend out any that arent paper back same with Richard laymon)

Didnt realise beast house was a trilogy doh! Gonna have to re read em in the right order i thought I was being dumb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back