~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

i said a while back that i had made my wedding flowers. i said i would upload a photo so here we are. this is my table decoration i made. it only cost me £6

Photo089.jpg

what do you think?

aww I want to re live my wedding!! It goes so quickly...

Can we post our piccys on here if we're already married?? :D

Suzie...that is a gorgeous decoration :D

I need to get a move on with this wedding planning malarky, my ticker is scaring me!! Only 5 months to go! :shock:

Zolwis said:
aww I want to re live my wedding!! It goes so quickly...

Can we post our piccys on here if we're already married?? :D

Please do!! will give us planners inspiration!!!

suzie1011 - we are inviting about 150 people, but i would say easily 30 of which are under 10...

Your table flowers are beautiful!!! I think ive decided im not going to go with flowers - going to put balloons and little bits on the tables for the kids to play with - bubble mixture, that kinda thing.

We made our first wedding purchase the other day - our wedding rings :cheer: :cheer: . Mine is just a gold band, but OH has got a tungsten ring. Gold really wouldn't suit him :D

Sarah&Braydon said:
guess wot girlies who are getting married in 2009 WERE GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR :dance: :dance: :dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Its going to be an exciting (and expensive :roll: :lol: ) year!!!!!!!!!

Sam&Alice said:
[quote="Sarah&Braydon":1n7j58gl]

guess wot girlies who are getting married in 2009 WERE GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR :dance: :dance: :dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Its going to be an exciting (and expensive :roll: :lol: ) year!!!!!!!!![/quote:1n7j58gl]

I know!!!!!
4 months today!!!

My dress has arrived - it's gorgeous.

Hello :wave:

Can I join? OH and I have been engaged for just over a year now, and tonight I've decided to finally start planning the wedding! We were thinking about going to Cyprus but my family weren't keen and said they wouldn't attend :roll:

Names: Scott and Charlotte

Date: Saturday 19th September, 2009

Venue: For the ceremony, Haldon Belvedere/Lawrence Castle: http://www.haldonbelvedere.co.uk/Civil_Ceremonies_Partnerships.html
We're still looking around for reception venues.

That's as far as I've got with the planning. I'm going to ask my sister to be a bridesmaid, Ella obviously will be a flowergirl. I would like my best friend to also be a bridesmaid but she's pregnant at the moment, due around August time so I don't know how she'll be feeling in herself come September :think:
I would like to make my own invitations and place cards, and ask my Mum if she will help me make the cake. I don't want anything fancy so it should be quite simple to make!
I also like the idea of lillies as my bouquet, the white and pink ones, and also maybe have a lily in my hair, I don't think I want a veil. I have no idea if lillies would be suitable for a wedding or for the season..

I'm off to get a ticker! Looking forward to chatting with you all :D

Our wedding seems ages away now :(

I want to get married this year :(

me too :( it feels like such a long time away (i know it will go quick) but i want to get married this year now!

theres no way a) we can afford it and b) i can convince OH to bring it forward

I'm started to get worried about how close mine is now! There's still so much to do! and sooo much weight to lose! Arghh! :shock:

Really need to get the formal invitations made and printed and posted soon. I'm still a bit undecided about who we're inviting from my mums side of the family, a lot of them don't get on. They all live in Devon though, so I can't imagine many will come :lol:

I don't even know what TIME! our wedding is going to be yet!! Will have to phone the venue and ask if there's any restrictions, as far as I know we've booked the venue for the whole day so it will be up to us. Better check with the registrar too, they're provisionally booked, but for that day, not for a specific time.
The registrar is actually a friend of the inlaws though and will be staying for the reception.

Getting married is stressful, now I remember why we've put it off for so long! We got engaged in Feb 2004 :lol:

Im back in here again :lol:

Anyway we are bringing the wedding forward till 2010 possibly May/June it does mean we are putting of ttc until after (were planning on ttc in the summer) but we cant have it all i really dont want to be pregnant at my wedding.

Now i really need to think about things, we need to know how much we can spend and what sort of wedding we want im so EXCITED :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: Sophie can be flower girl.

Name: Chris & Judy
Date: May/June 2010
Venue: We are thinking of a county hotel for the wedding and reception.
Colour scheme: Not sure on colour scheme but i quite like mint green and cream.

What do you think

Sarah&Braydon said:
poppy160 said:
Names: Scott and Charlotte
Date: Saturday 19th September, 2009

were getting married the same day :D:D:D:D:D

Yay!! Any particular reason why you chose that day? There isn't for us..it may be the following Saturday depending on availability of Reception venues hehe.

Bloom..Are you from Devon? If so I'll be following your Wedding prep closely ;) I'm from nr Exeter.

Poppy its you me and Tadpole all from Devon in the wedding thread :rotfl: must be something in the water.

I know someone who got married at Belvedere they said it was lovely. I had a look at the website its gorgeous, its not far from me.

We havent decided on anything yet as i dont know what our budget is yet. I dont think i want a white wedding dress though im thinking of a gold one.

Lilysmummy am i right in thinking your having a hog roast, that sound lovely. Do you have a reception venue that are allowing you to bring in outside caterers then?

I am officially papping myself!!!!
I still have loads to do, the only thing Iv done is book the venue & buy my dress.
Iv always been one for leaving things to the last minute but I cant really do that with a wedding eh! :?

Wooooo i have ordered my wedding ring!!!

Should be here tomorrow, it's just a plain platinum 3mm band but it's just what i wanted!!

Still need to sort loads of stuff with the church, organist, choir, flowers etc :? must get my ass in to gear, but i've got exams and assignments to do, and going away this weekend

I need help girlies ive found somewhere i really like (not told oh yet though :shhh: )

Its a barn, you have to bring in outside caterers which is fine but it has an extra charge for place setting which includes
cutlery and glass, white china and linen, tables (round or trestle), chic white chairs, cake table and cloth, easel for your table plan, stands for your table names or numbers.

Its £13.20 a head extra :shock:

I would be looking at and extra £1000ish just so we could eat.

Am i being tight :think:

Hey girls :wave:

Sounds like you're all doing well with the planning! Our plans may have changed, OH would like to maybe do the whole thing in a hotel. I've been too wrapped up in myself and where I imagined I'd be getting married that I forgot it's his day too :doh: So I've made an appointment to look around a hotel and we've been looking at other possible venues.

Bloom, talk to your OH, show him the pictures and really make it sound appealing as you can. There's a barn place I want to get married in Higher Ashton (I've only just read about it!) and it seems quite expensive :( I'll work on my OH though :D

Poppy thats the barn ive seen it looks gorgeous. But although its lovely when i looked in to it more its just to much money.

What hotels are you looking at? I think we are looking at Exeter way too now?

Ive seen a few but we have to cater for about 70 sit down meal, more in the evening so the costs are running away from us :roll:

It's gorgeous, isn't it? They're all booked up for 2009, though..After looking into catering it did add up so I see what you mean. There are plenty of lovely places around for alot less, we WILL find something.

We've looked at (internet only) Exeter G&C Club (I took Ella to a baby group there in the Autumn, it was quite nice), Woodbury G&C Club, and tomorrow afternoon we're going to Canonteign Estate. My Mum thinks I'm being too snobbish because I said no to a really 'Pubby' venue, and I mean traditional pub like..I wasn't happy with her saying that. Our original plan was to get married in Cyprus and she said she wouldn't attend so we had to abandon that idea..It's our wedding day and we've already changed our plans once for her, we're not doing it again :talkhand:

Sorry, a mini rant there! I so want to get on with other plans like my dress and stuff but we need to get the venue sorted first, it's short enough notice as it is..so when we see a nice place that's within our budget we've gotta get in there quick! Can't decide on a colour scheme!!

Looks like its just me & you (Poppy) on this thread :rotfl:

Canonteign Estate looks lovely (let me know how you get on) i loved the look of the website, probaly out of my budget :lol:

I was looking at the Lavender House (might be a bit far for you) http://www.lavenderhousehotel.com/

I do love the Belverdere tower though so i may compromise and have that with a cheaper reception somewhere like the Gissons (they were quite cheap) but the function room will not be finished for another 6 months
or The Lord Haldon Hotel.

Im not 100% sure what our budget is as we are getting help from parents so will need to ask but we are not getting wed until May 2010 so have a bit more time than you.

I would just get your venue sorted first then worry about the other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back