~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

When writing your invites buy a nice gold or silver pen...adds a nice little touch i think,i used a silver one to match the colour of the invites :D

Luckily my MIL is doing the cake for us....nothing fancy,just a 3 tier with plain white icing and a gold ribbon around each with a few decorative flowers in the middle of each...i just cant justify at least £200 for a cake!!!!! and we getting the stand,knife etc off ebay.

I'm getting married in a hotel too Vickie so can't help with music.

We're gonna get a sheet cake from costco I think. It does seem a waste spending hundreds of pounds on a cake. I'd rather have some extra spending money for the honeymoon :)

I got my invites printed so didn't have to bother writing them out. I didn't put guests names on the actual invites, only the envelopes.

I've started getting a lot of replies back now, everyone from Neills family is coming so far. From my family it looks like its only gonna be my mum, dad and brother. I am a bit annoyed that my sister isn't coming up. I know my family live in Devon but we would travel to her wedding if it were the other way around, we travelled down for her daughters 18th birthday party :(
Neill is really pissed off about it and wants to send an email to all my family saying how disgusted he is with them. I'd rather he didn't though :?

Half of my OH's family live in either Germany or the USA and they all coming so it is a bit pants your sister cant make it from Devon...she must have genuine reason though.

As yet we are at about 180 peeps...im preying not all can make it to save the cost of the buffett though :lol:

Sorry to hear peeps are being a pain Sarah hun :hug: Cant be easy for sorting it all with your OH on deployment :(

The pens only cost about £1 each from a stationers so well worth it me thinks....mind you ive been through 3 with the amount of invites ive sent out :think:

muppetmummy said:
I think Sam (mum to A&L) is July :think:

that it is - 17th July 2009

Not that any of my guests are going to know because i forgot to put the date on the invites :shhh: :oops: Im going to blame the pregnancy brain :wall: :wall:

Ive not got enough time to get them reprinted what with all the problems getting them printed and delivered in the first place, so i have hand written it on them. Im going down the personal touch route instead of the "sam is just plain stupid" route. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Right...ive officially had a titfull of wedding stuff today...well not so much the wedding itself but other bloody people.

My brother wanted to invite 6 of his mates,of whom i have never met,my mum said that wasnt fair of him etc and i explained to him we had already exceeded the 150 guests we originally thought and he seemed ok with this..now my mum has said she wants to invite 4 of her friends whom i dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: I sort of feel bad because mum has helped out loads with the wedding,arranging stuff and paying for stuff but she knows we already have too many people as it is.What do i say????

Then the OH i have been waiting 2 weeks for him to write his invitations....he always has other stuff to do,ie watching telly and working out...im getting so tired of him as we need to get a final number of peeps attending.Feel like im turning into a nagging wife already.

Then there is the OH family....they are a little on the stuck up side,god only knows what they will make of all my family,they not impressed we having the do at a labour club for a start...well it was my preffered choice,its a good cheap venue and we have held numerous family do's there over the years.Oh has insisted we have crockery plates not paper ones and linen table clothes not paper ones because of what his family might think.

Why cant everyone just let us get on with it....everyone says ''its our day''....so let us have what we want for gods sake.

Rant over

we have had some developments....

OH's mum and nan are both really ill. his mum is in and out of hospital with breast cancer, while his nan has been told she'll be very lucky if she sees xmas (shes just been diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer). anyway we are discussing whether to bring the wedding forward. mentioned it to OHs mum and she has offered to pay for the whole thing!!!! as long as we get married this summer. like in 6 months time!!!!! OH isnt too sure (i think he knows if he says yes he's facing up to his mum and nans illnesses, at the mo he's still in abit of denial!). i've also gotta tlk to my parents about it, i dont think they'll be happy cuz they already said they think OH's mum would rush us into it. im going to explain to them what if it was my nan who was ill, would they think differently then?

if we do move it, i got alot of work to do!

Do it Susan! Firstly they are paying!!
Second, you've got ageeess to sort it :D If i can do it in 9 weeks i'm sure you can do it!! (and you've got longer)

:D xx

thanks suzie. im just trying to convince rob. have a look at my other post see what the other thing they offered is!!! :eek:

vickie said:
How expensive are photographers?????

Anywhere between £500 and £2000 really lol depends what you want. Generally speaking most photographers are there for the ceremoney and a few standard outdoors pictures. Most will do the "dressing up" part in the morning too for a bit extra, and the reception. Then you have a choice of how you want the pictures displayed - photo albums, picture books, larger prints, small prints etc.

We've booked ours and got a decent deal (as its someone that knows me)... There will be 2 photographers on the day, 1 following Bee in the morning and 1 following me. Theyll both be there for the ceremony and reception then do some location pictures with the wedding cars lol Theyll basically be there all day until late at night. Its only costing us £800 inlcuding whatever way we want to display the pictures, which is a decent price bearing in mind there will be 2 photographers there all day

Our photographer also suggests having a video done too - says most that didnt have regretted it, so might be something worth thinking about too?

hehe! i may have to change my countdown. will work more on convincing him tonight

Sarah&Braydon said:
girls i am fuming is there anyway u can un-invite an entire family ????

so wishing me, chris, Bray, mum and dad were going somewhere hot to do this wedding stuff

nan-inlaw refuses to do the cake now due to other commitments - wasnt even a fecking professional anyway
silly toffee nosed cow

Breathe sarah breath lol

love the idea of gold pen vickie better than normal blue thanks hun

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It will probably be a good thing if his nan doesn't do the cake tbh. I think it would only cause you more stress in the long run as you wouldn't be able to avoid them all interfering and bugging you about the cake.
M&S do some lovely cakes that aren't a bad price, you can get a plain 3 tier sponge or fruit cake for less than £100. You could just decorate it with ribbon and some flowers.
We're being super cheap and getting a cake from costco I think :lol:

mum2A&L said:
muppetmummy said:
I think Sam (mum to A&L) is July :think:

that it is - 17th July 2009

Not that any of my guests are going to know because i forgot to put the date on the invites :shhh: :oops: Im going to blame the pregnancy brain :wall: :wall:

Ive not got enough time to get them reprinted what with all the problems getting them printed and delivered in the first place, so i have hand written it on them. Im going down the personal touch route instead of the "sam is just plain stupid" route. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I sent out my invites with a grammatical error :lol: I really don't think people will take any notice of the handwritten date. The invites only end up in the bin at the end of the day so its not worth worrying about :hug: :hug:

vickie said:
Right...ive officially had a titfull of wedding stuff today...well not so much the wedding itself but other bloody people.

My brother wanted to invite 6 of his mates,of whom i have never met,my mum said that wasnt fair of him etc and i explained to him we had already exceeded the 150 guests we originally thought and he seemed ok with this..now my mum has said she wants to invite 4 of her friends whom i dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: I sort of feel bad because mum has helped out loads with the wedding,arranging stuff and paying for stuff but she knows we already have too many people as it is.What do i say????

Then the OH i have been waiting 2 weeks for him to write his invitations....he always has other stuff to do,ie watching telly and working out...im getting so tired of him as we need to get a final number of peeps attending.Feel like im turning into a nagging wife already.

Then there is the OH family....they are a little on the stuck up side,god only knows what they will make of all my family,they not impressed we having the do at a labour club for a start...well it was my preffered choice,its a good cheap venue and we have held numerous family do's there over the years.Oh has insisted we have crockery plates not paper ones and linen table clothes not paper ones because of what his family might think.

Why cant everyone just let us get on with it....everyone says ''its our day''....so let us have what we want for gods sake.

Rant over

Your brother wanting to invite his mates is selfish of him, they have no place there. I would tell him he can bring one guest and that is it.
With your mum its a bit more tricky if she's put money towards it. I can understand why she'd want her friends to share in a day thats gonna be special for her too. If you have trouble squeezing people in though your and your OHs friends must take priority.

I think having paper plates makes sense, who would clear away all the dirty crockery. You are never going to be able to please everyone so I would just forget about everyone else and just please yourselves.

I'm having trouble getting my OH interested in our wedding too, he just doesn't see to be excited or see it as a big deal. I've been telling him he needs to choose his vows but he says 'its ages away yet'. I think this is quite common with men, hopefully they'll get more involved nearer the time :hug: :hug: :hug:

suzie1011 said:

OH's mum and nan are both really ill. his mum is in and out of hospital with breast cancer, while his nan has been told she'll be very lucky if she sees xmas (shes just been diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer). anyway we are discussing whether to bring the wedding forward. mentioned it to OHs mum and she has offered to pay for the whole thing!!!! as long as we get married this summer. like in 6 months time!!!!! OH isnt too sure (i think he knows if he says yes he's facing up to his mum and nans illnesses, at the mo he's still in abit of denial!). i've also gotta tlk to my parents about it, i dont think they'll be happy cuz they already said they think OH's mum would rush us into it. im going to explain to them what if it was my nan who was ill, would they think differently then?

I'm sorry to hear about your OHs mum and gran, it must be awful for him :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would definately move it forward, it would mean so much to your OHs mum, and if shes paying even better!
6 months should be enough time to still have a lovely wedding, people plan them in much less time as Suzie said :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

suzie1011 said:

DO IT!!!! 6 months is very do able,thats how long i got to sort mine,and its a lot longer than some peeps do it in lol.

Im sure your family will understand,your getting married anyway and only bringing it forward and willmake his mum and nan that bit happier in what must be an awful time for them and all your OH's family.

Craig said:
vickie said:
How expensive are photographers?????

Anywhere between £500 and £2000 really lol depends what you want. Generally speaking most photographers are there for the ceremoney and a few standard outdoors pictures. Most will do the "dressing up" part in the morning too for a bit extra, and the reception. Then you have a choice of how you want the pictures displayed - photo albums, picture books, larger prints, small prints etc.

We've booked ours and got a decent deal (as its someone that knows me)... There will be 2 photographers on the day, 1 following Bee in the morning and 1 following me. Theyll both be there for the ceremony and reception then do some location pictures with the wedding cars lol Theyll basically be there all day until late at night. Its only costing us £800 inlcuding whatever way we want to display the pictures, which is a decent price bearing in mind there will be 2 photographers there all day

Our photographer also suggests having a video done too - says most that didnt have regretted it, so might be something worth thinking about too?

Fingers crossed we might have someone,my sister in laws brother,hes a brilliant photographer and he done their wedding piccys..but he no longer has a decent camera...he wants to buy a new one but they about 1k...we have suggested we would pay him the mney for doing it up front so it could go towards buying the camera...fingers crossed.

muppetmummy said:
Sarah&Braydon said:
girls i am fuming is there anyway u can un-invite an entire family ????

so wishing me, chris, Bray, mum and dad were going somewhere hot to do this wedding stuff

nan-inlaw refuses to do the cake now due to other commitments - wasnt even a fecking professional anyway
silly toffee nosed cow

Breathe sarah breath lol

love the idea of gold pen vickie better than normal blue thanks hun

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It will probably be a good thing if his nan doesn't do the cake tbh. I think it would only cause you more stress in the long run as you wouldn't be able to avoid them all interfering and bugging you about the cake.
M&S do some lovely cakes that aren't a bad price, you can get a plain 3 tier sponge or fruit cake for less than £100. You could just decorate it with ribbon and some flowers.
We're being super cheap and getting a cake from costco I think :lol:

Our cake was a fruit cake from marks and spencer and it was lush. They come with white ribbon around. We went to a cake shop and got some decorations and DH decorated it. We got our stand of ebay but you can hire them (not sure how much tho) and DH decorated the stand too

Here it is

scan0037.jpg

scan0013.jpg

robandkellysweddingsnaps18-7-200700.jpg

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/produ ... 031&page=1

This was ours but there are lots of lovely cakes on there

awww tnx, i think he did too. He knew exactly what he wanted lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads