** Wedding / Engagement / Eternity Rings Thread **

I've literally just got engaged :) so i have my engagement ring and eternity ring, which he bought me for our first chrismas together nearly 8 years ago! Will have to get a photo when i remember

These are my rings. Hubby proposed then exactly two weeks later and one hour after I booked the wedding... I found out I was pregnant!

Got married when I was 6 months gone :D

My lovely little man Spencer 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375398128477.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375398128477.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 78
Finally got a photo of my engagement ring :) he knew i didn't want a solitaire ring and wanted something different and i love this ring

971907_10153080785160611_429180370_n.jpg

Ok so think I managed to work it out for myself (blonde moment) if there's no picture attached then sorry :?..

So here we have my engagement ring - got engaged August 2010 when I was 19 and my wedding ring - got married August 2013 (3 weeks ago) I am now 22! :wed: xox

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 63
Some gorgeous rings out there lucky ladies, love reading about the stories behind the proposals and the weddings! My OH let me know very early on he doesn't want to get married as he thinks its bull sh** *oh nice one :/....* I told him when we got out of hospital now we're parents and have to fill forms in classes as couple (living as married bla option) that he'll have to get me a ring at some point even when we are never ever getting married to compromise lol..
Which leads me to another Q.. What is more important the pricetag on the ring or that OH picked something you just loved regardless of the price and ofc for wedding rings what do you think is an acceptable price on one of them. Personally I'm very tight and not a jewellery person but my sense of style is hidden under a rock I find hard to find iykwim...
My dickhead ex did propose to me and gave me a whopping

My Ring was bought in Egypt for £70 while we were there on hols. i wouldnt want him spending any more lf that so im glad he didnt.
Regarding wedding rings, same £200 MAX! Is that!! Ive been browsing the argos cat for out wedding rings lol the weddin is costing a good few grand so we really couldnt care about the ring price.
Ive even seen te wedding dress i was, its on a chinese ebay shop! Thy custom make it for ur measurments and it costs £50!!! My step sister used them an it came within 5weeks!
Im not one for splashing the cash cos im skint!

My mate tho.. Told her OH that she wants him ao spend a mininum of £3000 on her engagemnt ring... And he did!! £3700!!! He left the reciept in her ring box to how her wtf!!!!!

Last edited:
My Ring was bought in Egypt for £70 while we were there on hols. i wouldnt want him spending any more lf that so im glad he didnt.
Regarding wedding rings, same £200 MAX! Is that!! Ive been browsing the argos cat for out wedding rings lol the weddin is costing a good few grand so we really couldnt care about the ring price.
Ive even seen te wedding dress i was, its on a chinese ebay shop! Thy custom make it for ur measurments and it costs £50!!! My step sister used them an it came within 5weeks!
Im not one for splashing the cash cos im skint!

My mate tho.. Told her OH that she wants him ao spend a mininum of £3000 on her engagemnt ring... And he did!! £3700!!! He left the reciept in her ring box to how her wtf!!!!!

That's craaaaazy money! My engagement ring was £250 and my wedding ring £100. Like you I got my dress from ebay, it cost £70 and the amount of lovely comments I got was amazing. Someone even said its the nicest wedding dress they had seen! I don't understand why people spend such a fortune. I'd rather spend the money on the house lol x

Its mental isnt it!!

Thats the same with us.. We are looking to then save str8 after the wedding (2015) and save for a house. Well be hitting our 30s before we can get a mortgage so thats why we thiught we would get married 1st. But im doing it as cheap as poss! Taking loads of ideas and doing it all myself! Im making my own centre pieces aswell.

Its just a shame the venue is costing a bit but everything else will be manageable! Xx

I don't know about the venue hun is that just for reception or for the ceremony too? Like the ceremony if I couldn't find anything like it depending how much it is out of price range I think I'd trying to find a few extra bob but for the reception id think you could always get that perhaps when you redo your vows in x years time or one of greater anniversaries that is worth celebrating big iykwim :)

David Victor JR. 21.40. - 19.05.'13 - 6lb 11oz /tapatalking

Im looking at st mellons country house hotel to get married ( if u fancy a google ) lol. Thts for the ceremony and wedding breakfast and evening party. The whole lot in same place xx

That is stunning tho Hun x

I love the place!
Im not religous at all so didnt want a fancy church wedding.

FX i can afford it tho haha xx

Can imagine, I couldn't be doing with all the babbling on! I've been to one and it really bored me hahah x

This is mine I wanted a set that fitted together perfectly. We got engaged in Maldives in 2010 and married in Vegas in 2011. xx

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member