** Wedding / Engagement / Eternity Rings Thread **

Love this thread!

Here's mine (I hope they're attached) He picked the diamond himself and had it set to his own design...clever boy! I picked a plain wedding band to match.

Hubby proposed May 2012, we live near the coast and often walk the cliff tops. One sunny May evening he walked me to the edge to look down on the beach. He had set up a 7 metre flag pole with a string of naval code flags spelling out 'Will You Marry Me?,' my parents and brother were there along with his sons carrying, balloons, champagne and a picnic :)

We got married in August 2013 and conceived Bump on honeymoon 2 weeks later! Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 45
My Ring was bought in Egypt for £70 while we were there on hols. i wouldnt want him spending any more lf that so im glad he didnt.
Regarding wedding rings, same £200 MAX! Is that!! Ive been browsing the argos cat for out wedding rings lol the weddin is costing a good few grand so we really couldnt care about the ring price.
Ive even seen te wedding dress i was, its on a chinese ebay shop! Thy custom make it for ur measurments and it costs £50!!! My step sister used them an it came within 5weeks!
Im not one for splashing the cash cos im skint!

My mate tho.. Told her OH that she wants him ao spend a mininum of £3000 on her engagemnt ring... And he did!! £3700!!! He left the reciept in her ring box to how her wtf!!!!!

That's craaaaazy money! My engagement ring was £250 and my wedding ring £100. Like you I got my dress from ebay, it cost £70 and the amount of lovely comments I got was amazing. Someone even said its the nicest wedding dress they had seen! I don't understand why people spend such a fortune. I'd rather spend the money on the house lol x

I think my wedding dress cost £250 including the veil and underskirt. Neither of my rings cost more than £50 either and I love them. Hubby bought me what looks like a ruby from argos in my engagement ring (as red is my favourite colour lol).

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

Our story:

I met my hubby in april 2012, we didn't get together until middle of dec 2012 though and on 25th dec 2012 in the early hours of the morning he asked me to marry him.
We tied the knot six months later on the 10th of june 2013...

6ezebu2e.jpg
ezysupur.jpg

Excuse my manky hands I had a spray tan haha!

Met my OH beginning of 2009, and he proposed in bed end of may 2012. Plan on getting married 2016 :) x

babyslog your ring is gorgeous!

here is my engagement ring, i am literally only a six week old fiancé lol :).
ta3e8y9e.jpg

bu2a4uma.jpg

i don't have a cliche engagement story i personally never wanted a big public thing anyway, OH proposed to me at home one saturday afternoon in december, and that was good enough for me :D

This thread looks like fun!

Okies so I met my DH in 2006 via Myspace through a mutual friend of all places. We were just friends for years cause he was in a relationship and I wasn't really interested in seeing anyone cause the last 2 women I'd been on dates with went nowhere and I couldn't be bothered lol. I was a photographer at the time and as he's a musician he needed some shots doing for an album so we met up finally in 2009 for a photoshoot.

It took half a year after that for us to actually get together [again him in relationship, we actually fessed to really liking each other well before this but it took him a while to get out of that one and I never have and never will go near anyone in a relationship].

We got engaged a few months into the relationship cause we'd spoken about it and I'm impatient so I took him on a date that was to be honest a total disaster. I was meant to take him for a nice romantic dinner and be all soppy with rings for us both and propose. The bus broke down, it was p***ing it down with rain and we had to walk for about 2 hours to actually get there. Finally got there absolutely drenched and I totally lost my nerve so I just shoved the rings in front of him and pointed at his finger whilst shaking like a lunatic. Thankfully he totally got what I meant and said yes cause I'd have looked a bit of a twonk otherwise.

Finally got married in 2011 with a lot of faffing, arranging dates, having my family pretty much blank my invitation [my nana is forgiven cause she was really ill at the time]. Night before the wedding trying to ice the cake and breaking part of it cause people were distracting me [luckily we had a flower cake ornament so I stuck it over the crack and no-one noticed lol] and walking down the aisle with my maid of honour and makeup artist/darling friend who became my bridesmaid after my actual bridesmaids decided they couldn't be arsed going and "forgot" to tell me.

I had a *lot* of crap getting married tbh to the point where I was ready to jack it in but I'm so glad I didn't my hubby is amazing and my family can go balls tbh. Totally worth it.

This isn't my original ring, the stone fell out of the other one :( I think all together they cost about £80, both engagement and wedding band included, not expensive by any means but I don't really care about the cost, plus I had to get mine from the children's section cause I have the worlds smallest fingers lol.

m98746.jpg

OH shows his love in other ways, I show myself love by buying myself hot rocks! This is my new 4.70 carat Hot Pink Topaz ring. Treated myself with my birthday money :) xx

Attachments

• rsz_20140125_123937.jpg
    rsz_20140125_123937.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member