Bloated and Unhappy

EmmBee123

Reaction score
Sorry for the rant ladies, am still very much looking forward to being a mummy and to having baby, but why does pregnancy have to be so tough?

Got over the tiredness and then the not being able to sleep, got over the stage of looking like death warmed up, got over the looking fat and not pregnant stage, even over the can't wear my heels stage (and for someone who's 5' tall, it's quite a loss)

The bit that has really got me down is that my fingers keep swelling up, normally they are ok in the mornings but swell during the day and it's getting worse.

I've not taken off my wedding ring since OH put it on my finger in 2009 and now I think it's going to have to come off. Sounds silly, but I still love looking at my hand and seeing my wedding ring, it makes me feel happy, dreading not having that, plus my hand would look odd without it. Is there any way I can reduce the finger swelling to the point where the ring can stay on?

oh that's a shame about the ring... Mine is still ok I think, but getting a little bit tighter. I also never take it off - would feel so weird not to wear it!

Hey hub don't worry I'm 5'2 and gave up heels long time ago!! My fingers have swollen and I can't get my engagement ring off!! I was in two minds weather to or not but just left it on and now it's stuck!! Lol!! Hopefully I don't swell much more or il need it cut off!! U could buy a cheapy bigger size one just until swellings gone down maybe? X

I'm only 5ft too but I still wear shoes with heals, not too high but I have to have something there :oooo:

Awh hun, I know how you feel about the wedding ring. i'm not married or even engaged yet but I'd be the same. The day my wedding ring goes on my finger, I will not be taking it off for anything.

However, would you risk having to have it cut off? Why don't you get a necklace and put it on that when it starts to become unbearable. I know I'd rather have it still as it was on a chain around my neck than having to have it cut off. Plus, this isn't just anything that you're taking it off your finger for, this is for your baby..... :)

hugs xxxxx

The midwife warned me at my last appointment to avoid wearing any rings that were precious to me if my fingers started swelling as they would get stuck and need cutting off. So its worth bearing that in mind hon.

Mind you I am terrible for not wearing my engagement and wedding ring, my engagement ring is very delicate and there is only one shop in Hong Kong that can fix it, I wore it every day until it broke, luckily got it fixed as OH took me back out to HK for my 30th last year but since then I try to only wear it special occasions, and my wedding ring has a groove underneath that traps soap and water and gives me a rash so I can only wear it a few days at a time!!! I'm the worst wife!!!!!

Bless you EmmBee123, I do understand! my rings haven't got tight yet but I am waiting for the day, I have said I am going to buy a cheapo from Argos to wear when they do xxxxx

When I had my daughter my rings got so tight I ended up getting them cut off they were so
painful. I'm really hoping it don't happen again as like you I've never taken my wedding ring off and love looking at it (got black diamonds in it and I love them!). Funny cos my nan has never taken her wedding ring off since the day my grandad put it on 60 years ago! I want that to be me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back