** Wedding / Engagement / Eternity Rings Thread **

This is mine I wanted a set that fitted together perfectly. We got engaged in Maldives in 2010 and married in Vegas in 2011. xx

Lovely rings, mine came with wedding band too as I wanted perfect match...just got to get married to complete the pair :) x

This is mine I wanted a set that fitted together perfectly. We got engaged in Maldives in 2010 and married in Vegas in 2011. xx

Lovely rings, mine came with wedding band too as I wanted perfect match...just got to get married to complete the pair :) x

I know i was so impatient to wear them both together i didnt feel quite right with just the engagement ring - saying that OH didnt have much choice i had the wedding booked within 2 weeks of him asking for 10 months later lol! Xx

I know i was so impatient to wear them both together i didnt feel quite right with just the engagement ring - saying that OH didnt have much choice i had the wedding booked within 2 weeks of him asking for 10 months later lol! Xx

Lol, I should try this tactic ;) He said he is going to leave all the planning to me anyway cos I am a control freak. I keep asking if I can just have the wedding band now but he said no...he's even hidden it from me lol x

Lol, I should try this tactic ;) He said he is going to leave all the planning to me anyway cos I am a control freak. I keep asking if I can just have the wedding band now but he said no...he's even hidden it from me lol x

Haha, i planned all ours it was like a military operation with colour coded spreadsheets etc drove hubby nuts, kept saying to him you have one job just show up lol! xx

Haha, i planned all ours it was like a military operation with colour coded spreadsheets etc drove hubby nuts, kept saying to him you have one job just show up lol! xx

Sounds so much like me, my poor OH, he will be planning the divorce before we get married :lol: x

Im joining in! We are engaged to be married next Christmas! Im so excited and so happy. 2014 is going to be such a lovely year. Bridesmaid for my best friend then our winter wonderland wedding. Ive already got my dress and everything is booked. Fast work for only being engaged 2 weeks.
Heres how we told the world uploadfromtaptalk1384426350692.jpg
And here's my ring. uploadfromtaptalk1384426391109.jpg

Im getting married with my great grans wedding ring. When I wear it, its going to be 83 years old. My grandparents were married 67 years and absolutley in love until their last days. I hope its a good luck charm. Im having their wedding date inscribed in the back with a hidden diamond in the ring. Feel really blessed. Xx

hyzudeje.jpg
anu4ajez.jpg

Heya everyone x love the thread x this is my very new engagement ring x my OH is very pagan in his beliefs and once he asked we did the first part of our handfasting ceremony (engagement ceremony in paganism) and that's what the first pic is from x we announced the engagement as a surprise at the end of jellytots naming ceremony on Sunday x all very romantic x

Love the stories behind the rings x <3 x

I met my hubby at work
Started dating after a couple month
Officially started going out November 15th 2009

He was too nervous to pick a ring by himself
He said he would ask me with a dummy one and then we would go buy one together
I said whatever ring I'm proposed with is the one I'm sticking with
So we shopped for one together
Couldn't find what I liked so had it custom made
A platinum ring with crossing shoulders. A diamond set in the middle and small crystals in the cross overs
I put a bit of weight on meaning the ring no longer fitted
Until it did I couldn't be proposed to!
So in October 2012 I gave in on losing weight and had it resized
When checking it fit okay in the jewellers I just never took it off again. Lol!
So I wasnt officially proposed to!

My dads health had been deteriorating over the year
I had to decide what was more important
Having him there
Or having a big wedding
Having him give me away was a big deal to me
So I booked Greenock registry office for exactly 4 weeks time

We got married on our 3 year anniversary - 15th November 2012
We had about 15 people there
Proper dress and kilt, flowers, cake etc. After the wedding we went to a hotel by the esplanade in Gourock for a 3 course meal
it was magical having him there
His health declined afterwards and he passed away in March of this year
Had we waited any longer he would have been too weak or not here at all

Tomorrow is our 1 year wedding anniversary :)
We are going out for a nice meal
The traditional gift is paper. I wonder what hes getting me!

Here they are
View attachment 44235
View attachment 44236

People spend a lot on their wedding and its only a day
We spent a lot on our rings because we expect them to last forever :)

Last edited:
Oh Hun I got all teary reading that! Beautiful story and the most important reasons ever x glad he got to share your wonderful day x

Lush story hun!!! So glad but dad still gave u away xx

I met oh when I was 15 and he was 17, after 4 year together on valentines day he proposed.
his mum had a heart attack, my mum had a lung disease (never smoked) and was having cemo and my auntie had cancer, so we got married after five year together at the age of 20!
After that we started ttc and now here we are married 3 years together 8 and with two little babies.
My engagement ring is a antique gold and diamond one. my wedding ring is a plain gold band. We plan on renewing our vows on our ten year wedding anniversary so hoping for a eternity ring then :) x

Thats lovely red bear

Thanks girls
I'd never forgive myself if I put it off and not had him there
It already kills me enough that my future kids wont have a grandfather (DH is deceased too) x

Thats lovely red bear

Thanks girls
I'd never forgive myself if I put it off and not had him there
It already kills me enough that my future kids wont have a grandfather (DH is deceased too) x

Cant imagine loosing a parent luckly both ours are fine (ish) now so we think it was a conspiracy to get us wed, although my auntie did loose her battle, and im so glad we didn't put it off, we where young but my auntie was 15 when she met my now uncle that was 17 and had been married 60 years, so I wanted her to see my wedding as it was such a simiar story. And I hope we are married as long.

Im sure your kids will have there guardian angels looking out for them

xx

image.jpg
I love looking at other peoples wedding rings so here are mine :)
I worked at a Jewellers for 5 years so guess it's a habit haha..

Met hubby seven years ago and we married in October 2011.
I love my rings.. My work colleague at the time choose them for me and I love her for it! I've also got my son's initials engraved on the inside of my wedding band with space for at least two more children :) xx

Last edited:
This is a bit of an old thread but I was just enjoying having a nose and thought I'd contribute :)

usa4ehug.jpg

Here's my engagement ring, eternity ring and wedding ring. I have quite small fingers so always thought that a big engagement ring would look silly, so when I pointed this dainty diamond out to oh we decided it was perfect.
Oh is useless when it comes to secrets and couldn't work out how to get my ring size so I ended up helping with the purchase!
Once the ring was ready (had to be resized for my silly small fingers!) he blindfolded me, drove to one of the spots we went to on our first date and when I was allowed out of the car he had put lit tea light candles in a heart shape and was on one knee in the middle :)

That was July 2010 (after 2 and a half years together) and we got married in May 2011 at Brighton town hall with just 9 guests. We're not from Brighton but we love it and wanted to do something different as neither of us are into big weddings and didn't want to have to invite people we've not seen for years. We hired a tearoom afterwards and then had an evening meal and it was my perfect day (apart from when my dress got caught in a lift!).

I got my eternity ring for our 1st anniversary :)

Oh no about the dress lol!!

I have big man hands id love if they were a bit more dainty lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back