** Wedding / Engagement / Eternity Rings Thread **

Aww man I don't have a pic of my engagement or wedding rings and they don't fit me right now cos my fingers are STILL fat from pregnancy! But my engagement ring is an antique peridot ring as my hubby knows I hate diamonds (shock!) and my wedding ring is a custom made copy of my mothers wedding ring!

We lived opposite each other for 15 years but didn't speak or hang out etc.., then on a night out in 2006 he saw me in a bar and got talking and that was it. Can't believe we grew up together but didn't know how right we were for each other! He proposed on Christmas Day 2008 and we got married march 2010. We had a very small wedding and flew off that same time for our honeymoon to Australia and Thailand where we had a wedding blessing on the beach! It was lush just the 2 of us; the best time of my life by far! Can't wait to take our daughter there in a few years time.

So are you supposed to get an eternity ring when you have a baby then????

May have to tell OH this :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

That's the story I told my husband! I showed him the ring I imagined myself getting 'whenever we had a baby' when we were on honeymoon. He agreed. Little did he know a year later he'd be getting it for me!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369917084.605784.jpg

This is my wedding and engagement ring.

They were both handmade by a little local independent jeweller. Hubby designed the engagement ring and I designed the wedding ring. :D

He proposed the night before I passed out of college at the side of the road (he pretende he broke down to allow a surprise)

We got married almost two tears ago in Largs and had a traditional Scottish wedding. It was the hottest day of the year and amazing!

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

My parents live near Largs tweety xx lovely rings.. ours were handmade for us too xx we have matching his n hers white gold celtic wedding bands xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

my engagement ring. got engaged February 3008 and getting married 3 weeks tomorrow

Attachments

• DSC_0349.jpg
    DSC_0349.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 89
My engagement ring:

Still waiting to set the date and get to planning, but weddings are expensive thesedays :|. Been engaged for nearly 3 years!!:shakehead:

Here's mine, hubby proposed when I was sat at my dressing table squeezing spots!!!! He had cut a hole in the bottom of a ring box and as he opened the box, he pushed a roll of £50 notes through because I always said I wanted to pick my own ring! My wedding ring is just a plain band because that's all we're allowed at work and I didn't see the point in having something that sat in my jewellery box Monday to Friday.
Beautiful rings you all have ladies xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Tweety, your engagement ring is my absolute ideal.

I've always loved that style, I have a ring like it (costume jewellery) which I bought when I was about 20 so I could show future partners what I want my engagement ring to look like !!

xxxxxxx

923251_10152289409565476_788340366_n.jpg

My wedding and Engagement rings:
WR: Titanium band with a colour oxidised channel (colour runs from pale yellow through purple, night sky blue and back again - Sunrise and Sunset) inside of ring is the same colour pattern.
ER: Emerald-cut Sapphire flanked by diamond-cluster flowers. The ring is shaped and white gold and can't be worn with my wedding ring. I wear it on my Right hand ring finger now instead.

I chose both rings; I also have a plain white gold band wedding ring somewhere (literally no clue where it is, it's in our house!) that I bought before deciding I needed something different. My WR gets a lot of attention! :love:

I would chop off your finger to steal your engagement ring :whistle:

Heres mine bit worn lol! Been engaged 6 years lol!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370072625543.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370072625543.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 78
nu6e7a7y.jpg

Here's mine!!

Engaged march 12, married sept 12, expecting our first baby sept 13... I don't hang around too much either!! Though, I did wait 4 years for my engagement ring!!

To propose he made it so obvious I didn't believe he was going to!! Nice meal just the two of us etc, and he did it with a Haribo ring (producing the diamond one immediately after I said yes!) he was so embarrassed being down on one knee that he whispered it!!

Wedding was a traditional church wedding in the same place my mum and dad got married just over 30 years before! It was a totally magical day and I loved every second!!

923251_10152289409565476_788340366_n.jpg

My wedding and Engagement rings:
WR: Titanium band with a colour oxidised channel (colour runs from pale yellow through purple, night sky blue and back again - Sunrise and Sunset) inside of ring is the same colour pattern.
ER: Emerald-cut Sapphire flanked by diamond-cluster flowers. The ring is shaped and white gold and can't be worn with my wedding ring. I wear it on my Right hand ring finger now instead.

I chose both rings; I also have a plain white gold band wedding ring somewhere (literally no clue where it is, it's in our house!) that I bought before deciding I needed something different. My WR gets a lot of attention! :love:

LOVE the wedding ring!

I would chop off your finger to steal your engagement ring :whistle:

That's not at all unnerving of you :nerner:

LOVE the wedding ring!

Thanks sweetie, it was a bargain too, £45 including international delivery!

Knowing how uncoordinated I am, I couldn't have had an expensive WR. The sapphire from my ER fell out onto the counter of McDonald's once, meaning the only Christmas I had as a fiancée was spent ringless :lol:

Love this thread! Here's my engagement ring! Wedding is next yr! Xx

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads