Violet Crossley 11/11/2013 - Last member of our brood

Sounds like Vi did brilliant! I do love the pics and stories about your boys too, they look like such smashing teenagers. Forget gen pub, what the hell do they know??
How did you find your first day back?

We'll I had about 2000 emails before my mailbox filled up. Sounds like a nightmare by most of them were automated alert checking messages. It took me most of the day to sort that lot out. A few people came to say hello so that was nice. Our team had just moved to a completely different part of the building so new "hot" desk with no personal stuff. A bit clinical but light and airy at least. Went to lunch with one of my colleagues who has found out she has breast cancer whilst I was on maternity leave. :( she has a daughter in the same year as my 13 year old son. Poor lass. She has another round of chemo this week :((( How was your first week? xxx

Sounds like a nice first day. My first 2 weeks back have been tough, but I need to get over catching up on 6 months worth for all my regulars! Jess settling well into nursery, big smiles this morning when another little girl came over to her saying "hello Jessica"! The sleep's gone south again with teething again, had to phone 2 people back after I saw them this morning and told them the wrong thing. Thankfully they have been nice and seem to find it amusing rather than anything else!

Hope it continues nicely for you, how's Vi in nursery doing?

Vi's done ok at nursery. She's the youngest there but it is a nice little purpose built room and the staff are lovely. Not sure how much they're really going much with my baby led weaning request but it's early days. I'm doing the drop off and OH is doing the pick up. She was a bit more settled on Friday, compared to Tuesday. She seems to be coming down with a cold. She's got a runny nose and a bit fractious today. Poor little lass. This weekend has been way too short. xxx

Well my little munchkin has been full of cold this week. She's done really well considering though. She's started sitting up a lot better and can do a minute or so before her balance goes. Almost the end of my second week at work and I'm knackered and have picked up the same cold. Glad it's Friday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 7
Aww isn't she a cutie pie love her baby grow :) she will be crawling before ya know it unless she already is then the fun starts hehe xx

Aw Dotty she's so lovely. Jess is snotty and dh is dying of man flu. Guess who's got the night shifts all to herself again???
How are you finding work? I'm going to have to take on some weekend work too, otherwise we are not going to be able to keep up with bills - rubbish!

Hi Jojo! Not crawling yet but almost sitting up. The days are dragging at work Fliss but iam looking forward to my first wage again! It's a dear do having babies isn't it! Sorry you're going to need more hours. :( hope you can reach a compromise. Vi has been really snotty and now seems to have a bit of a gooey eye. Hope it's not conjunctivitis. I've just been washing it with cooled boiled water. On the brightside only tomorrow and I've got my day off. xxx

Yesterday was a bit manic. Packed Morgan off on his school trip to the Belgian battlefields and trawled round Leeds looking for a replacement mobile phone for him since his died last week. Violet has been off it for well over a week now but still smiling like a trooper. My mum took her to the doctors today and fortunately it doesn't look like she has conjunctivitis. She does have sticky eyes at the moment. xxx

Well at least my little ladybird doesn't have an eye infection. Dad gets a whole day on his own with the V tomorrow as my eldest son and me are off to Download festival at Donington for the day and my youngest son is in Belgium on a school trip. Going to pack in case I don't make it all the way back to Leeds without falling asleep. I'm so rock 'n roll (not). ;) x

Ha! You're doing so well to get to a festival Dotty, pah, haven't done anything that exciting since Jess arrived! In bed by 9 most nights too!

No way could I be in bed for 9. That's when I get to do the cleaning/tidying up. I'm rarely in bed before midnight. Violet's struggling with a cold that's now turned into a cough and needed a couple if cuddles and some Calpol in the early hours to help her get back to sleep. I feel exhausted today. She must feel pretty lousy poor little munchkin. Still manages a smile most of the time though. xxx

Well my little smiler is finally getting over her cold. Man, it's taken a long time, poor little lady. I've been struggling getting her to eat much in the way of solids for the last couple of weeks so hoping her weight hasn't suffered too much. The milk has taken a bit of a hit too but seems to be improving now. Finding baby led weaning a bit frustrating as most of the time Violet just bangs the food on the table. Either that or she just smears it around. She's had a bit of a helping hand from me on some occasions though. I'm so knackered after work and getting tea out of the way. Last night it was 2am by the time I got to bed, nothing to do with munchkin though. Could really do with a bit more help with the housework. Everyone seems to be forgetting I'm doing a full day's work 4 days a week. xxx

Having fun at the park, not that you'd notice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 11
Violet has started waving in the last couple of weeks. Communication attempts are on the up although "baba" is the noise of choice. Still nota aging to get Vi to eat much food. It just goes all over the floor and gets wasted. Must admit to supplementing the BLW with done spoon feeding in a vain attempt to get her to eat anything. I can't believe how exhausted I am. On the sofa again as OH is snoring, although I can still hear him downstairs, just to add insult to injury.

Vi has added a new trick to her repertoire. She has started clapping. :) On the downside she's still really snotty and suffering when trying to eat or drink. She's still smiling, bless her. xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9
My little V is enjoying her first holiday (excluding last year's when she was still in belly). The plane was just over 2 hours and she slept for a good hour of it. Poor little love is still very snotty and has woken up at 4:00am a couple of times and screamed the place down. She's teething too just to add insult to injury. She's enjoying playing on the beach though and am glad I bought a cheapy paddling pool so she can play in the water on the beach in some shade. Hope she has a better night tonight with her breathing. She's still smiling though. :) Here she is with her biggest brother. xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member