Violet Crossley 11/11/2013 - Last member of our brood

Vi has finally started crawling in the right direction. She's been going backwards and round in circles for a few weeks but now it's starting to come together at last. She pulled one out of the blue last night by waking up at 3:00am. Managed to get her back to sleep after a feed but really glad it was my day off. Her food intake seems to be a bit sporadic. I'm putting it down to teething. Second front tooth is starting to put in an appearance and one on the bottom too. My eldest son gets his GCSE results tomorrow. I think I'm more stressed out than him. Hope he gets what he needs. xxx

Last edited:
How did your son get on with his exams?
Well done Violet for crawling. Next stop is standing up then walking eeeekkkkkk!!!

Michelle x

Thanks for asking Michelle. He did well and got 2 A, 4 B and 5 C grades which is enough for him to do the A-levels he wanted. Hopefully he can chill out for the last week or so of the holidays now. Violet is doing things at her own pace. Can't see her being a quick walker but that's fine. She's a happy little soul and that will do me just fine. :) xxx

AWw you must be one very proud Mum, those are fantastic exam results

Michelle x

Vi has been hit and miss with food this week. It's getting more more difficult to get her to eat anything. Most of the time with baby led weaning she just ends chucking stuff on the floor so I've had to try to feed her with a spoon just to get something down her. Really not enjoying weaning this time. I'm getting stressed. However, she's still a happy baby so that's keeping me going.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 16
Id try not to let it stress you out, they do say they get enough from their milk. I personally gave up with BLW, hes happy to eat a jar.
I spoon him a bowl of porridge with jam for brekkie, an organic jar for tea and lunch he'll have a pack of quavers or fruit and also baby bicotti after meals but most of that ends up on the floor or in the dog.
Ill usually give him bits of my food which he seems to like to take but still just squishes in his mouth before throwing it on the floor but I just keep thinking that one day he'll get the hang of it, and he'll enjoy the independence of feeding himself but in the meantime its quicker and easier to feed him myself.

Thanks for your feedback. It's good to hear how other mums are weaning. I think I'm generically stressed with going back to work as well as baby stuff so I'm sure that's not helping either. She hadn't put much weight on the last time I got her weighed so I think that has made me want to try to get her to eat more. She's got 6 teeth now so probably had a bit of discomfort with that. Are you enjoying being back at work now it's been a good few months? I see Greyson is coming on leaps and bounds. A proper handsome little chap. xxx

Im not really back any more than I was to be honest. I dont think I will be til dean drops some hours. We cant afford a nursery when my wages arent guaranteed, its gonna take me a while to build up work again after being away so long :(
And thanks, yeah hes doing great :)

Not much to report here. Vi is crawling around and climbing over people like a a trooper but not in any rush to stand up unless assisted. Her latest trick is sticking her tongue out on demand. Yeah kid, do the important stuff first! ��

Sounds like I spoke too soon. Vi is standing up on her own against the coffee table and TV cabinet and is off like a shot crawling. Can't believe she'll be 1 in just over a month. In other news, I've just found out that my boss is moving to another position at my company. I'm pretty disappointed as he is the only one on my team who makes me feel like I play an important part. I could apply for his job but seeing as his boss all but laughed at me last time the job came up and I said I was going to apply for it together with the fact that I'm working a 4 day week, it seems like the odds are stacked very much against me. Here's a picture of Vi to cheer me up!

So here we are on the eve of Violet's first birthday! Where has a year gone? I've even been back at work for five months. Luckily I've got tomorrow off work and OH is working from home so we should have a nice day. Might even go and get Vi weighed as she hasn't been to baby clinic since I went back to work. She's not walking yet although she's walking round the sofa and coffee table, Mission Impossible style.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 9
Happy birthday beautiful Violet, its been lovely seeing you grow and develop, have an absolutely wonderful birthday!! You're doing a brilliant job with her Dotty :)

I'm just remembering how insanely jealous I was of you and Jen this time last year!

Aw thanks Pippa. And now look at Greyson! There's no stopping him! He's certainly caught up, and some! Your doing fab yourself. x

Thank you Michelle! I hope 2015 is a special year for you. Riley will be 1 before you know it!! xxx

Last edited:
Munchkin is not so good this week. She had a high temperature last night so took her to the doctors for a once over today. Looks like she's ok fortunately. Managed to get a smile from her on the swings today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 18
Christmas Eve at the Crossley house

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.