Ttc shit boat - long term ttcers

I hope you do Sugarpop, got a good feeling about the clomid!

I'd love to jump ship with you but I'm only CD1 today. Although my cycles are relatively settled, I've stopped the maca (DH doesn't like me taking supplements but I will go back on it after the FET) and am thinking about trying soy again, but a proper dose this time.

Still here! Not been on as much lately. How are you? Xx

Hey Phonix, yup im still here too! month 13 now, time seems to be flying by this year! cant believe its mid September already! hows all with you? x

Starting second round of clomid today after finally ovulating last round! Fingers crossed! X

Okk blast from the past but feel like this is the best place 2 go nots aid anything 2 any1 cus I can't believe myself but no af Nov last ad was 28 oct ( but may b I've had 1 in between and I'm just crazy :/ I don't know won't test yet bcus it's not real and I don't believe it just needed 2 come here and write it down , sorry 4 Radom post and those that don't remember me this is 4 years later and still holding on

Andrea, this is exciting. I will be keeping an eye on this thread for updates. Surely it's a great sign that you have missed a period xx

It is a blast from the past!! I thought this boat had sunk!!
I hope this is your BFP Andrea, do you know how many dpo you are? Keep us posted xx

hey ladies, so I am a misery today thought I'd post on here. I'm relatively new to this site and only posted a couple of times. I'm generally mrs upbeat but occasionally, as we all know, a melt down occurs! I'm 2.5 yrs in, 1mc, no medical issues, loads of tests completed, including a hycosy... referred to start IVF in January but really hoped it wouldn't come to that. I've been on Acupuncture for 7 months and take plenty of related vitamins and supplements but for some reason, every month about 4-5 days prior to AF along comes the spotting and then right on cue anything from 4 days to a week later, so does the AF... and the pre-af spotting has arrived today so I am being a mard arse! haha... really hoped for a little xmas pressie that would mean no ivf and some long awaited good news but its not to be... never mind I'll get out of my funk in 24 hours and be ok again! xx

Welcome 1sttimer although I'm sorry you're having to post in the long term section.

My pre-AF spotting started today to so I'm with you, although I wasn't expecting to be pregnant this month it's still a blow. I've been pregnant twice in the last 5 months, 8wk miscarriage and chemical pregnancy, no spotting either time so I know that's a sign for me. Similarly I know the spotting starting means it's over for another month.

I've been doing much the same as you, acupuncture, reflexology, loads of vitamins. Now that I've had a large fibroid removed I have no medical issues other than age, I'm 44. Starting IVF next cycle, really didn't think it would come to this. Do you know where you're going to do it?

Can i ask what vitamins your taking and how much, and your partner? I've been told 1000mg vitamin c by my hubby's aunt who tried 3 years but I feel like that's alot? Xx

I know lots of people that take 1000 of vit c, not for ttc just for general health. It is a lot and you would need to find one that's gentle on the stomach. I think I'm taking around 800 at the moment.

Can i ask what vitamins your taking and how much, and your partner? I've been told 1000mg vitamin c by my hubby's aunt who tried 3 years but I feel like that's alot? Xx

PB I'm taking lots, Boots multivitamin with probiotic bacteria, dha omega 3, folate, vitamin E, vitamin C and Ubiquinol. I may give them up and just try a vitamin and folate as nothing has made much difference, one bfp in 24 months that ended up a chemical. Just to add I tried 1000mg bit c and blimey it gave me a bad belly, frequent trips to the loo, I cut them in half now and so far so good. xx

Last edited:
1sttimer, you sound like I used to be with the spotting etc. Sadly I've only had chemicals. I'm going to ask for more tests when I next see my consultant eg laparoscopy and/or hysteroscopy. Maca tablets seem to have helped my hormones loads. I only don't take them now when I'm on HRT! Also on omega 3, CoQ10, multivitamin, folic acid and this cycle I'm trialling baby aspirin because I have nothing to lose. X

Thanks Phonixgirl and Syd43. I get 4-5 days of really dark spotting before every af. My acupuncturist has tried everything to prevent it as she thinks its a progesterone level / lutheal phase issue - but it's been months and nothing seems to stop it. I'm starting IVF at Bourne Hall which is based in Cambridge and they seem good. We have to go to a presentation to find out what its all about so I suppose will know more then. I feel a bit like I hear stories all the time about ppl who fall quickly after acupuncture having tried for years, fall quickly after MC, fall quickly after a hycosy because it flushes your tubes etc... and its disconcerting that having had all those things, here I am still months and months later, another year on from my MC and no closer to knowing why... SYD43 how much spotting do you get and have you had any indication as to why? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back