TTC need some help tho ( DEPO jab )

mum2ollie

Reaction score
hey there ladies :D

i am wanting to TTC baby number 2 Oliver is 21 months now an i feel that the time is right.

problem number 1. i have been on the Depo jab for about a yr now i had my last injection may. was due to have 1 on the 16th august, but thought wht the hell i wont get it want to try 4 another baby

Problem number 2. i have not had a preiod yet. the depo i thought was out me system now n n its been a month on the 15 that i havent had 1 so im worried is this normal

how long do i have to wait to get me periods bk to normal

I don't know as i was on the pill - lets hope it is soon - apparently there is space in 1st Tri for people!

I had my last depo in January, so it was due in April. I got my first AF in June, about 2 months after it ran out. So I wouldnt worry, it might be a little while before your AF starts up again but I think thats normal with depo. :)

I was on it for about 3 years, but after I left my ex I came off it because I hated the side effects.... It took about a year for my body to get back to normal after... My friend also had it but only for a period of 6 months.. She came off to TTC her 3rd baby. Her doctor told her it's not unheard of to take 2 years for a woman to get pregnant afterwards.

Admittedly my friends been trying for four years now, but she started ovulating after 18 months after depo...it's a prob with her DH, thats delaying it.

i was on depo for 5 years came off it in may first proper af came 2 months later but dint actualy fall preg for 8 months
manda xx

I only had one injection. I had Kate in November and got the depo when she was 6 weeks old. So not long really. But before I got pg with Kate I was on the depo for about 3 years solid. From what I remember it took about 3, maybe 4 months for AF to return that time. It seems to vary so much from person to person. Hopefully you will soon have AF soon (or better still BFP!) :hug:

Forgot to add, I came off my 3 year depo in the January, didnt TTC till October but got pg straight away. (had a mc tho and got pg again in the feb with Kate) So it didnt seem to affect my fertility too badly, try not to think the worst, take care x

Hi Hun

I think it depends on the individual. I was on depro for 9 months but it took over a year to get it out my system.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I had the depo injection back in October and it wore off on Jan 5th. I didn't get my period back straight away either, after about 2 months I started spotting then was having 2 bleeds a month until I fell pregnant in June. I was speaking to a few ladies online about my worries and they had all had the same problem. Apparently it can take up to 18 months for AF to return, and ovulation can also take a while to return, even if AF is present. I hope it's back quickly for you :hug:

Hi Hun

I think it depends on the individual. I was on depro for 9 months but it took over a year to get it out my system.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I had the depo injection back in October and it wore off on Jan 5th. I didn't get my period back straight away either, after about 2 months I started spotting then was having 2 bleeds a month until I fell pregnant in June. I was speaking to a few ladies online about my worries and they had all had the same problem. Apparently it can take up to 18 months for AF to return, and ovulation can also take a while to return, even if AF is present. I hope it's back quickly for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back