TTC after Depo provera, is anyone else?

kellysomer

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently still TTC with my OH after 13 months with no luck. Is anyone else in the same boat post depo jabs? I feel let down by my old doctor (i have since changed doctors) as when i started the jabs (because i have had fits whilst on rather than for contraception which the pill didnt help) they didnt tell me that it can take up to 2 years to conceive afterwards and also didnt tell me of all the side effects. I have had blood tests last week which came back normal for bloods and sex hormones which is good and the doctor is now in the process of writing a refferal letter to the hospital but thinks they will decline it until we have been TTC for 2 years. Whilst the blood test ruled out a lot of things it didnt tell us anything or give us any hints as to my reproductive state. At least if the blood test found something i would know what is happening.

My last 4 periods have been at 37, 47 , 27 and 13 days apart.

Also does anyone know if weight gain is common when you come off the depo i have has a fat pregnant looking tummy for the past 3 months (im not tho, i have tested several times) and put on a fat bum.

Does anyone know the average time depo takes to get out of your system or have any nice stories to share to cheer me up? Or any other advice?

Ps i only had the depo for 9 months.

Hi, I'm in the same boat but I've been on Depo for six years... :(

Trying to find someone with a positive story out there, I know it could take up to two years for me to get back into that fertility cycle, hopefully it won't take that long :!:

Kellysomer, I'll keep sending positive vibes your way - would you do the same for me?

RachieXX

Hi
I have been on the depo for the past 5 years because my period were every two weeks. and had to have inj every 10 weeks because of my epilepsy. While on the inj my chest has increased from a size 34d to a 34 e and growing, my breasts have been lactating milk, i have had speratic pain full bleeding whilst on the inj. And i have gained a bit of weight to which acording to my doctor the weight gain is normal. Aparently my other side effects are rare.
Since being on the inj i have felt pregnant which has made my longing for one even more. I was due my last inj on 5th may but never had it, now i feel very moody and tender. i dont know how long it will take for me to havemy first period or how long it will take for me to concieve but i send happy thought to all others waiting and those who will have a baby soon.

pam xx

p.s i hope this helps with understanding some of the side effects.
:lol:

I am getting sooooo fed up with depo!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

After recording my basal body temp for a couple of months i am now convinced im not even ovulating.
There is no temp drop. Does anyone know what i can do to kick start my ovaries, can i get PG if im not Oing properly?

I agree, Depo is an evil thing. Actually it was great for me while I was on it, no periods for 6 years was fantastic, I'd never given a thought to when I'd want a baby though. I got my periods back so quickly I was convinced I'd get pregnant quick to.
I haven't started doing the temperature or mucosa thing yet, I think I am too frightened to find I'm not ovulating yet. The thought of getting periods all the time and not even ovulating seems to cruel to me.
My cycle is anything between 8 and 27 days, I can't keep up with it.
Is there a test the docs can do to see if you're ovulating? I know you can buy the sticks to wee on but my cycle is so wierd I wouldn't know when to even start using them, I could do it every day but it would get expensive.
x

Hi, I've actually heard that using the pill can kick start your ovulation so I'm going to speak to my doctor about a limited trial. Because it controls your cycle it 'creates' one, or so I've been told. It might be worth speaking to your GP about :?:

Hello all.

I was on depo for 4 years, last one in October 03. I then went straight onto the combined pill until end of August 04. I thought this would help to regulate me after coming off depo because I know a lot of people have problems. While I was on depo I wasn't having any periods but then while on the pill I was. I stopped taking the pill at the end of August 04 because my husband and I wanted to start trying for a baby but unfortuately I havn't had a period since I came of the pill. Its now been 21 months since I came off depo and 10 months since I came off the pill and no sign of a period. Blood tests show that I am stuck at the beginning of a cycle but no other problems. I have now been referred to the hospital for further tests and my doctor has suggested fertility treatment after the tests. I am a bit concerned because I have read that although treatment may induce ovulation after depo implantation still cannot occur because of the other effects of depo. I was wondering if anyone else has spoken to a professional about this and whether fertility treatment has worked for you after depo.

Since coming off the pill I have been told that the bleed that you have for the 7 days while on the pill is not a proper period.

I hope someone else can chat to me about this but I sincerely hope that you are not in the same boat, it is very upsetting. I am only 24 and my husband is 33. I really feel like I am letting him down.

Best of luck to those of you who are trying.

Mand

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back