Things That Make You Go Argghh!!! (grumpy ol' women thread)

Chrissy1 said:
here here!! :cheer: :cheer:

I work in customer service and some people think the more they shout at you and the more they give you abuse the moreyou'll help them...... WRONG!!! The polite and kind people usually get more help any sympathy from me!!

Oh my god..... I hated working as a Customer Relations Manager!!! I used to work for a local paper in the accounts dept but that got centralised so I was moved into Customer Relations for the Circulation Dept :shock:

Some of the complaints I had were soooo stupid and petty... my fav's being
* Morning paper went up from 36p to 42p - someone called and complained that it was an 8.2155784(or other)% increase and the national average is only 2% :roll:
* people complaining that we had moved the crossword from the back page to the second last page :roll:

How much did I want to shout "GET OVER IT!!!"

I also used to have this old man, Mr Kelman, who must have been at least 160yrs old call me EVERY morning to complain that the paper was delivered at 8.30am and he had his breakfast at 8.15am and he wanted his paper to read with his breakfast.... but for an old man he couldnt half swear like a trooper!!
I used to sit and say "Mr Kelman, I can't help you if you use language like that"
Bless the old sod!

I also hate celophane wrappers like the ones on food or DVD's etc that you can't get into easily!! Grrrrrrrr

Rudeness!!! Oh yes!!!

I work in a shop and the amount of people who are rude. "Why is that so expensive" (like I would know) "They have it cheaper at so and so's" (go buy it there then).

I hate it whe people throw money at you too, a bloke once threw his credit card at me, it landed on the floor. I then asked my colleague to take over and I refused to serve him. The bloke was clearly embarrassed after that!

People Who Smoke Around Children- There Is Simply NO Excuse :x Disgraceful.

Gangs Hanging Round Outside Shops Etc Intimidating & Shouting Obscenities At Anyone Who Dares Walk Past. Have Some Damn Respect.

Bitchy, Jealous Girls - Its Not Big Or Clever. Its Laughable :lol:

People Disrespecting The Elderly. They Were Young Once, You'll Be old Too.

People Who Think They Know EVERYTHING :x OMG SHUT UP!!

Ignorance/Arogance - What a Foul Personality Trait To Have.

Liars - I Absolutely Detest Every Single One Of Them. Enough Of The Verbal Diarrhea :talkhand:

Egotistical People - Do You Really Think Your That Great? :roll:

People Who Loudly Snort The Phlegm Up From The Back Of They're Throat & Then Proceed To Play With It In They're Mouths :puke:

Outrageously Nosey/Interfering People - God, Dont Get Me Started!

Child & Animal Abouse - Id Die To Make It Stop :cry:

.. Thats All I Can Think Of Right Now.. But There's Probably Sooo Much More! :D

xCarly said:
People Who Smoke Around Children- There Is Simply NO Excuse :x Disgraceful.

Gangs Hanging Round Outside Shops Etc Intimidating & Shouting Obscenities At Anyone Who Dares Walk Past. Have Some Damn Respect.

Bitchy, Jealous Girls - Its Not Big Or Clever. Its Laughable :lol:

People Disrespecting The Elderly. They Were Young Once, You'll Be old Too.

People Who Think They Know EVERYTHING :x OMG SHUT UP!!

Ignorance/Arogance - What a Foul Personality Trait To Have.

Liars - I Absolutely Detest Every Single One Of Them. Enough Of The Verbal Diarrhea :talkhand:

Egotistical People - Do You Really Think Your That Great? :roll:

People Who Loudly Snort The Phlegm Up From The Back Of They're Throat & Then Proceed To Play With It In They're Mouths :puke:

Outrageously Nosey/Interfering People - God, Dont Get Me Started!

Child & Animal Abouse - Id Die To Make It Stop :cry:

.. Thats All I Can Think Of Right Now.. But There's Probably Sooo Much More! :D

Don't hold back there Carly lol

SarahH said:
Chrissy1 said:
here here!! :cheer: :cheer:

I work in customer service and some people think the more they shout at you and the more they give you abuse the moreyou'll help them...... WRONG!!! The polite and kind people usually get more help any sympathy from me!!

Oh my god..... I hated working as a Customer Relations Manager!!! I used to work for a local paper in the accounts dept but that got centralised so I was moved into Customer Relations for the Circulation Dept :shock:

Some of the complaints I had were soooo stupid and petty... my fav's being
* Morning paper went up from 36p to 42p - someone called and complained that it was an 8.2155784(or other)% increase and the national average is only 2% :roll:
* people complaining that we had moved the crossword from the back page to the second last page :roll:

How much did I want to shout "GET OVER IT!!!"

I also used to have this old man, Mr Kelman, who must have been at least 160yrs old call me EVERY morning to complain that the paper was delivered at 8.30am and he had his breakfast at 8.15am and he wanted his paper to read with his breakfast.... but for an old man he couldnt half swear like a trooper!!
I used to sit and say "Mr Kelman, I can't help you if you use language like that"
Bless the old sod!

I also hate celophane wrappers like the ones on food or DVD's etc that you can't get into easily!! Grrrrrrrr

That was what I hated about my job.... The rudeness of some people... swearing at you because there's a tile in the bathroom with a miniscule scratch on it.... there door squeaks, the dust from their next door neighbours garden is blowing into theirs... and I'm just Aftersales/legal admin.. its like people in the 3rd world would be grateful to have one house with four walls... GET OVER IT...

When I worked for a local lawyer's office as a legal secretary... People would phone up screaming and shouting at me, swearing their heads off, because they had just arrived at their home to find that their electricity had been cut off (in Spain you miss one bill and off it goes :roll:)... and obviously its MY fault because we arranged for the direct debits to be set up upon the purchase of the property.... so then you spend the next two days trying to get to the bottom of it... with this client constantly on the phone to you.... because they can't sort it out themselves.... NO.... cos they don't speak Spanish, they won't pay for a translator because it's our fault.... ONLY to find out that the stupid effin idiot went and changed his bank account, and never informed anyone... and his old account has no money in it... BUT thats still my fault because I should own a crystal effin ball.... I'm sorry our Psychic department is currently closed :roll: :x :x :x :x :x And just an apology..... one single apology... no what do they do... put a complaint in... and use your name because it's the only one they've got... I hate clients.

Breathe*

debecca said:
Kazlin, I love you. I hate lamb too. It TOTALLY mings.

And there's nothing worse than ordering a nice-looking cottage pie only to realise that it's actually shepherd's pie and the person who labelled the food was a spanner :puke:

debecca I just told you I love you because you live in a castle on the 'is someone taking the p' thread, then I came on this thread and you told kazlin you love her....

weird. Great minds think alike hey?

kazlin said:
I hate it whe people throw money at you too, a bloke once threw his credit card at me, it landed on the floor.

Yes! It is sooo rude when people throw money/ credit cards on to counters when shop assistants are stood right in front of you with their hand out. You aren't being flash throwing your money around, you are being arrogant.

People who whittle away on their mobiles when they are at checkouts, have some courtesy, speak to the person serving you.

Self importance. I previously worked in customer services (trains) and this is largely aimed at overweight businessmen who wear pinstripe suits who work in the city! I was once helping a man who had had a heart attack and was out cold on a train platform, this idot started shouting at me because his train was late leaving and when was I going to get it going, he didn't want to be late for his meeting!
I left this job shortly after :lol:

ok, my family get on my nerves sometimes.... :rotfl:

I have family and friends who smoke right? Then they come and breeeeeeeeeethe it all over me, and it stinks, and how the hell do i tell them?!?! I have 1 friend who likes to kiss me on the cheek when he leaves, but his breathe seriously makes me gag. And i think "why the hell doesnt someone like his wife tell him?!?!" I know im being mean, but i HATE IT!

And grandparents who think its acceptable to feed your child sh*t all day long because they think that "grandparents are allowed to spoil them" :x Even when youre standing there and you say "no, she cant have that " and the MIL says "oh, well she can have some ice cream then, thats good for you" :shock: and she says it in FRONT of her so i cant do anything about it.

AND PEOPLE WHO TOUCH YOUR BUMP SHOULD BE POKED IN THE EYES! :x

and people who STARE at you. Ugh, i HATE being stared at.

Customer services, oh yes.....I worked in a call centre for 4 years and omg do I have some stories, but the most outragous was an elderly man who refused to deal with women. The call centre (as many seem to be) was 99% women, and the only 2 guys that worked there were never there when he called so he would insist on getting thier surnames and hours of work. We refused to give him this info, he could have been any old nutter, and he would shout and scream until he was hung up on, calling us old ****s and bitches, every female derogatory you can think of, foul foul language, and when he was hung up on he would just call back and hurl abuse at every woman who answered the phone. We never actually found out what his problem was for about a month until I shouted back at him one day, and said "look you stupid old git, either tell me what the problem is so I can deal with it, or we will cancel your (telephone) account and ban you from calling this number ever again, and I WILL report you to the police for harassment!" he then told be, begrudgingly, what his problem was. He wanted to call Malaysia but didnt know the country code :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sazzylou said:
And grandparents who think its acceptable to feed your child sh*t all day long because they think that "grandparents are allowed to spoil them" :x Even when youre standing there and you say "no, she cant have that " and the MIL says "oh, well she can have some ice cream then, thats good for you" :shock: and she says it in FRONT of her so i cant do anything about it.

Yes... my mum does this... :rotfl: you try explaining to your LO why a grown up would give your LO a chocolate sandwich if it's not healthy :roll:

sazzylou said:
AND PEOPLE WHO TOUCH YOUR BUMP SHOULD BE POKED IN THE EYES! :x

OMG I hate people who do this.. I mean MY BUMP... MY PROPERTY... if I went up to someone and did the same, and they weren't pregnant... I'd end up getting twated in the face.... And the times when I have said please don't touch, people get arsy like it's THEIR property... :x :x

sazzylou said:

OH Gods... yes.. its worse when you're out with people who are disabled.. people just stare and whisper and stare and nudge.. and it's really annoying.. Whats worse is just because a person is disabled even mentally, it's not like they don't know you know... It really upsets my sister when people stare at her like that... YES that person is disabled... WHAT??' if you had an 8 by 10 glossy it would last longer you ignorant t*at!!!! I just stare at these people till they look away... and give em stink eye...

i also hate polystyrene. the feel and sound of it... god its rank :puke: really hate the stuff.

Squiglet said:
sazzylou said:

OH Gods... yes.. its worse when you're out with people who are disabled.. people just stare and whisper and stare and nudge.. and it's really annoying.. Whats worse is just because a person is disabled even mentally, it's not like they don't know you know... It really upsets my sister when people stare at her like that... YES that person is disabled... WHAT??' if you had an 8 by 10 glossy it would last longer you ignorant t*at!!!! I just stare at these people till they look away... and give em stink eye...

Yeah people who think disabled people don't have the same rights as them annoy me. I used to work with adults with learning disabilities and one chap was mute, but when he got anxious he would huff and puff quite loudly. anyway one day the fire alarm went off in a pub we were in and this upset him, and some posh bloke looked down his nose and said 'Oh, I thought it was a dog making all that noise!' :evil: :evil:
Also my mum used to do similar work and when she was on a day trip with some of the residents some idiot woman started hurling abuse and deliberately ran over the ramp to the minivan and bent it so they couldn't use it for ages. :twisted: :twisted:

I don't like know-it-all loud people. There is a woman on my college course who has to nod and say 'oh yes' and tell us her opinion to everything the lecturer says, There are 15-20 of us sitting quietly, taking notes and then there is her who has to tell an anacdote every 10 seconds and it's like she thinks she is better than everyone :x

natalie&jake said:
Chrissy1 said:
I really really really HATE....... MIDDLE LANE DRIVERS on the motorway!!

:oops: :oops:

Im a middle lane driver, but only when there are 200 million lorries on the inside lane. Im quite nervous on the motorway and personally dont like going back and forth between the 2 lanes and think it is safer to stay in the middle lane

*runs and hides from Chrissy*

Im exactly the same really :oops:
The M1 is horrendous!!! Its only when there are lorries about which is nearly ALWAYS on the stretch between leeds and rotherham.....
think ill hide from chrissy too lol

people who ask you how something tastes when they can clearly see you haven't taken a bite yet... er.. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!!????

Oh yes... and when you've lost something and someone says... "Where was the last place you left it...?" Well if I knew that sherlock the item wouldn't be lost would it.. ????

People who ask you at the bus stop if you are waiting for the bus?... Er no.. I was just standing here wasting my time...

Ok so it's stupid questions that offend me.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
people who ask you how something tastes when they can clearly see you haven't taken a bite yet... er.. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!!????

Everytime we eat out, a waitress/waiter will come and ask if everything is ok, just as we take a mouthful! Well they want us to speak with out mouths opne do they?? I always want to make them wait while I chew my food very slowly and thoughtfully, swallow, wash it down, and they say "yeah fine thanks" but usually I just nod and smile, its so irritating tho!

Lou, maybe we all love each other? :cheer:

I had a think about this last night and I have quite a few things I would like to get off my chest (apologies for length):

1) Middle lane drivers - covered earlier so I won't go into detail but they really do clog up the motorway and cause accidents.

2) Spelling and grammatical errors - yes yes I know dyslexia/typos/rushing can cause them but the majority of the time it's laziness or ignorance.

3) Customer Services centres in India where they ask you how to spell "Castle" and then are completely incompetent at dealing with your enquiry anyway.

4) TV programmes where they repeat the information 100 times like the viewer is dense. "Bringing up Baby" is an example of this - it got so bad I had to stop watching.

5) People who think they're always right - yes, I realise I probably fit into this category myself, but don't they say that the characteristics that annoy you the most about others are those you recognise from yourself?

6) Teaching. Full stop.

7) Eggs, lamb, mushrooms.

8) People who write really long lists about nothing at all :rotfl:

The AGGGGHHH for the day is TRAFFIC WARDENS! They are everywere - and down here the are NCP ones on comission.

I got a parking ticket yesterday and I'd even bought a ticket! I'd spent a fiver on parking - which is too much to spend anyway - and it fell off my windscreen onto my dashboard. I have appealed against it so let's hope they take pity on me.

Kylie, that's so rubbish!!!! :hug:

Hope you get it revoked! :pray:

Id like to know what makes people go "I want to be a traffic warden"...it cant be the uniform :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back