Things That Make You Go Argghh!!! (grumpy ol' women thread)

Just thought of something else - when at the park, other people's bigger children get rough with my children but the parents don't say anything.
Once some boys knocked my 4 yr old daughter off the seesaw! Their mum stood watching with a couple of others and I thought FFS say something - if my children did that (which i hope they wouldn't!) I'd tell them off and tell them to apologise straight away!

Minxy said:
valentine said:
Minxy - whats a homophone? :oops:

Words that sound the same but are spelt differently and mean different things.....

they're/their/there
two/to/too
hear/here

Like.......

I here you've been their to?

English language is full of the buggers. We can all let one or two slip through but persistant offences get to me cause I spend all day correcting them! :oops:

Im guilty of letting them slip loads since Jake was born- my brain doesnt work properly any more :doh:

HOUSEWORK

nikki.png

I HATE IT :twisted:

Minxy said:
valentine said:
Minxy - whats a homophone? :oops:

Words that sound the same but are spelt differently and mean different things.....

they're/their/there
two/to/too
hear/here

Like.......

I here you've been their to?

English language is full of the buggers. We can all let one or two slip through but persistant offences get to me cause I spend all day correcting them! :oops:

Oh god yeah that annoys me so much... towards the end of my pregnancy I kept getting them wrong and I had to keep editing my posts and double checking my msn messages cos it annoys the hell outta me to see on the screen and even worse if I wrote it..

As I've said before I work in a shop. I HATE it when you hear a mum say "If you touch that, that lady will tell you off"

Excuse me, no I won't, the child is not my responsibility and I would't dream of telling a complete strangers child off!

tzun281l.jpg

when i worked in morrisons it used to annoy me scanning wrappers because someone ate the food on the way round... then as soon as i scanned it - "have you got a bin for that" no i havent, take your food home to eat it and use your own bin... argh

leckershell said:
when i worked in morrisons it used to annoy me scanning wrappers because someone ate the food on the way round...

OMG did people actually do that...sooooo cheeky! :shock:

at least they had the honestly to pay for it.. but still.. :?

also what annoys me is when shopping finding open packets of everything. i mean really, some things you don't need to open to see what they look like.

People who park across two spaces in car parks or take up one and a half spaces. That annoys me. Theres no need just park properly :wall:

At the moment OH :wall:
enough said :evil:

leckershell said:
when i worked in morrisons it used to annoy me scanning wrappers because someone ate the food on the way round... then as soon as i scanned it - "have you got a bin for that" no i havent, take your food home to eat it and use your own bin... argh

I did that with a cartom of ready-made milk the other day in Morrisons. Jake was crying his head off :oops: There was this shelf stacker announcing at the top of her lungs that 'that baby' is hungry :x Instead of kicking her foot stool from under her (which I really wanted to do) I took a carton off the shelf infront of her, opened it and filled up Jakes bottle and gave it to him :lol:

Emma58 said:
People who park across two spaces in car parks or take up one and a half spaces. That annoys me. Theres no need just park properly :wall:

While we are on the subject of parking... there's double yellow lines opposite my parents shop parking spaces but the old people with disabled badges park there, sometimes about a metre from the wall so it's really hard to get into our spaces! Some of these people are about 100 and can hardly walk, let alone drive or park a car!

natalie&jake said:
leckershell said:

I did that with a cartom of ready-made milk the other day in Morrisons. Jake was crying his head off :oops: There was this shelf stacker announcing at the top of her lungs that 'that baby' is hungry :x Instead of kicking her foot stool from under her (which I really wanted to do) I took a carton off the shelf infront of her, opened it and filled up Jakes bottle and gave it to him :lol:

ha ha i have done that before! i only done it once cause i got a "look" from someone. they made me feel guilty for not having a spare bottle!

people who dont signal correctly at roundabouts!!! take in to account that i live in milton keynes and its roundabout city!!!! arrgghh i beep at them everytime and wave my hands around like an idiot!! :evil: :wall: :x

The front door of my house opens straight out onto the pavement and it drives me mad when someone parks right outside of my house about a foot from my door - what if I needed to get a double buggy out - I dont but what if.....

Also there are some people over the road who think they can claim the bit of road outside their house as theirs and put cones there. It's a nightmare parking in my area, there is always someone in front of my house but I don't mind as long as I can park anywhere else I want!

Rants over!

i REALLY REALLY hate people who judge you when your at the supermarket (or wherever) when your kid is having a tantrum. I dont mean to offend anyone, but in my experience this has mostly been old ladies....

Last time Beth had a really bad strop , this woman kept staring at me and muttering to her equally grumpy friend. They they pushed their trolley over to the side of the aisle and stood there with their arms folded shaking their heads and staring at us like it was some sort of bloody show! I lost my rag and called her a nosey old cow and said she should find something better to do :x She didnt care though. Just kept tutting at me :evil: My OH made me leave the shop after that :oops:

Thats one of the worst case but its happened to me a few times :x Its bad enough when your kids being a loon in public without people staring and judging you. You can just tell they're thinking that you're a bad parent or your kids some sort of child from hell :evil:

:rotfl: What a grumpy lot we are, 10 whole pages of moans, its taken me ages to get through them all.

I have loads but I will stick to just my biggest pet hate at the moment which just happens to be my MIL. Every time she is over she picks Clark up and tries to send him to sleep in her arms when all he wants to do is lie on the floor and be played with, thats his fun time of the day when he gets to play with his daddy! Then when she has made him scream, she tries to tell me I am starving him (even if he has just been fed) and then says we always fed Lucy (my Niece who lives with her) whenever she demanded it, you should feed him when he needs it!!
:x He doesn't bloody need it, he is full, he just wants to play and you are suffocating him! AND the fact that you shoved milk (and a number of other foods) down Lucys throat every time she cried is the reason she is obese at the age of 1!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x Almost rant over, I will save her chain smoking, and the fact she expects me to let Clark stay at her house with her 2 vicious Japanese Akitas for another day!!!!

That last post has reminded me of the thing I hate the most......

SMOKING!!!!

It kills you. It stinks. It makes you and your house smell. It makes everyone who comes to your house smell. Its makes your teeth yellow. It makes your ceiling, nets, curtains yellow. It kills babies. It gives children asma. It costs loads.

I HATE IT WITH A PASSION :x :x :x :x :x :x

Hmm agree with Eve re:awful MIL. Enough said.

Also agree with Lou re: smoking!

In fact I agree with the whole 10 pages...I'm like the old gits from Harry Enfield

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back