Things That Make You Go Argghh!!! (grumpy ol' women thread)

glitzyglamgirl said:
Id like to know what makes people go "I want to be a traffic warden"...it cant be the uniform :think:
:rotfl: Maybe jobsworths who couldn't get into the police!!!

Or sheer desperation?

When I worked in the bar, people that click their fingers at you.... I'm not going to serve you any faster mate, in fact you will be last!!!

But what is REALLLLLLLY annoying the crap out of me just now is the fact I am trying to get Arianna to nap and my FIL is hammering in nails and cutting wood!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oooh,thought of another one.Newspaper headlines.I know they can only get so many words per title or whatever but.."TRAGIC MUM GRIEF OVER SON" and titles like that just annoy me,completely irrationally.

zebrastripes said:
Oooh,thought of another one.Newspaper headlines.I know they can only get so many words per title or whatever but.."TRAGIC MUM GRIEF OVER SON" and titles like that just annoy me,completely irrationally.

arghhh dont get me started on newspapers! Like that girl who got murdered in Italy.. front page of The Sun went something like... Meredith DIED SLOW PAINFUL DEATH. I mean that poor girls family are bound to see it. Why do we need to sensationalise horrible bloody things.

The news makes tragedy's into drama programmes, everyone checking latest headlines to see how plot thickens. Its like a circus, everyone seems to revel in it. :x

ahhhhh better now :lol:

People who come to visit aka MIL and FIL who moan when Jack's taking a nap when they're there. and you can see that their dying to wake him up. :evil:

Claire&Jack said:
People who come to visit aka MIL and FIL who moan when Jack's taking a nap when they're there. and you can see that their dying to wake him up. :evil:

aaahhh, i hate that too. In fact, it was my MIL and FIL who were more guilty of it. We'd visit and Beth would be asleep, and the minute i left the room to go to the loo or whatever, theyd have grabbed her....ugh. Then it takes me ages to find a polite was of saying "PUT HER DOWN!!!!" .

Or people would visit them (that i didnt know) and theyd play pass the parcel with my baby...just passing her around to strangers without asking :x Im gonna be a lot more protective and assertive when it comes to this LO.

For all us girlfriends / wives / OH's of builders / plumbers / plasterers / chippies / sparks and any other trades involving some sort of work van with a dashboard filled with newspapers full of boobs and old cafe sandwich paper bags.

WHERE'S ALL MY MUGS GONE!!!!???? :x

I've given up buying more now. I have 3 cups in my cupboard, the rest are in Jed's work van. I tell him not to bring them back in because they are full of moldy tea but I also ask him NOT to take them and leave them in his van in the first place!!!!

Hope its not just my OH who is a hoarder of my mugs???? :think:

lou said:

It's teaspoons here!! He will take a yoghurt and a teaspoon down to his study and leave them there.

Kylie1007 said:
lou said:

It's teaspoons here!! He will take a yoghurt and a teaspoon down to his study and leave them there.

but then you have to make tea and coffee with a big spoon and the recipe is all wrong. too much sugar, too much coffee :roll: not to mention the fact that tablespoons don't fit into a jar of nutella.

ok I lied, they fit nicely :wink:

debecca said:
2) Spelling and grammatical errors - yes yes I know dyslexia/typos/rushing can cause them but the majority of the time it's laziness or ignorance.

And txt spk. And incorrect homophones. And Too Many Capitals.

*takes off English teacher hat*

Winnie The Pooh

Enormous gold clown necklaces

Skinny jeans on boys

People who get drunk on trains, like it's a pub on tracks!

Mobiles playing music on the bus. When did headphones go out of fashion? It's just anti-social noise abuse!!!

GGG - have you seen the low-slung trouser brigade going upstairs, they have to do it side-to-side, they look like penguins! :rotfl:

Ooh, I love a good moan!!

Minxy said:
debecca said:
2) Spelling and grammatical errors - yes yes I know dyslexia/typos/rushing can cause them but the majority of the time it's laziness or ignorance.

And txt spk. And incorrect homophones. And Too Many Capitals.

*takes off English teacher hat*

Winnie The Pooh

Enormous gold clown necklaces

Skinny jeans on boys

People who get drunk on trains, like it's a pub on tracks!

Mobiles playing music on the bus. When did headphones go out of fashion? It's just anti-social noise abuse!!!

GGG - have you seen the low-slung trouser brigade going upstairs, they have to do it side-to-side, they look like penguins! :rotfl:

Ooh, I love a good moan!!

I love boys in skinny jeans. Especially Japanese boys :wink:

What about when someone send you a card and the postage isn't enough - say 6p - and you have to pay £1.06 AND go to the postal depot to pick it up! We had to pay £1.06 because my cousin sent my hubby a bday card that had a teeny tiny peg on it so was slightly fatter! Also one of the new baby cards had a felt nappy and pin on it and was fatter! Grrr!

Crap Facebook applications.

I don't want to be a werewolf/vampire/zombie, I don't want anyone to throw a sheep/mince pie/punch at me, I don't want to rate you hot or not or see which Friends character I am....

I must spend 10 mins a day clicking 'Ignore' :rotfl:

Women with orange foundation - why? Honestly do you think you have orange skin?

23 year olds who insist they're not adults yet...(ok bad day at work :oops: )

The phrase "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic etc but......"

can I add a final one - and apologies to anyone who has said it but I need to get it off my chest......

people who despite knowing how I'm TTC tell me to just relax and forget about it and it'll happen on its own :shock: NO it won't. Really it won't. If I don't plan, book hotel, travel for 90 mins - it AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. Last time I checked spermies are good at finding their way to their destination...but they haven't mastered motorways yet :wink: But I always just say oh ok :?

thanks - I feel better now :oops:

libs said:
Women with orange foundation - why? Honestly do you think you have orange skin?

23 year olds who insist they're not adults yet...(ok bad day at work :oops: )

The phrase "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic etc but......"

can I add a final one - and apologies to anyone who has said it but I need to get it off my chest......

people who despite knowing how I'm TTC tell me to just relax and forget about it and it'll happen on its own :shock: NO it won't. Really it won't. If I don't plan, book hotel, travel for 90 mins - it AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. Last time I checked spermies are good at finding their way to their destination...but they haven't mastered motorways yet :wink: But I always just say oh ok :?

thanks - I feel better now :oops:

awww, hun sorry that made me laugh!!

debecca said:
4) TV programmes where they repeat the information 100 times like the viewer is dense. "Bringing up Baby" is an example of this - it got so bad I had to stop watching.

I HATE that too!! It seems to be worse on Channel Four programmes because they have to update you after every single advert....just in case my memory couldn't cope with the 4 minute gap! Wife Swap drives me INSANE :twisted:

I get really annoyed with people who talk really loudly in restaurants etc because they think they're wonderful and everyone else must be interested in their dull middle-class tales.............argh!!! Just *£$% off!!!!

Minxy said:
Crap Facebook applications.

I don't want to be a werewolf/vampire/zombie, I don't want anyone to throw a sheep/mince pie/punch at me, I don't want to rate you hot or not or see which Friends character I am....

I must spend 10 mins a day clicking 'Ignore' :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: OH GODS YES!!!! I bloody hate that....

Oh yes... and my cats annoy me more than anything atm... especially when they drink from the toilet/aircon buckets or climb on my kitchen work tops and break my glasses.. I swear.... one of these days I am going to take up the challenge and see whether cats can land on their feet from a second story flat.. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Squiglet said:
Oh yes... and my cats annoy me more than anything atm... especially when they drink from the toilet/aircon buckets or climb on my kitchen work tops and break my glasses.. I swear.... one of these days I am going to take up the challenge and see whether cats can land on their feet from a second story flat.. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

...and it's the evil stare they give you when being told off! Cats can be such haughty little beings :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back