random things that make you happy

Melanie

Reaction score
I was thinking tonight about the little things in life. Just silly little things that make me ridiculously happy for no specific reason. Things other than my baby girl because just thinking about her makes me happy Does anyone else ever think about this kind of stuff?

The following can ALWAYS help improve my mood if I'm having a 'day':

Watching Baileys chasing rabbits in her sleep.
Tea - tea makes me extraordinary happy (I'm so English lol)
Finding a new perfect tea cup - i go through phases, its time for a new one i think (my cups must be huge too)
bubble baths
sleeping in a freshly made bed.
opening up a new book

Watching Friends. If I'm down or in a bad mood, I watch a few episodes of that, soon feel better.

Otherwise playing with my rats.

Opening up a new book for me too, and finishing something at work before a deadline, but the biggest thing for me is one of my fiances absolutely gorgous hugs :D

I also love the little things like watching the seasons change from my window, seeing the misty mountains we live on as we drive up the hill, coming in from the cold, hearing the local kids playing and laughing, and random good deeds like someone opening a door for me (that always makes me do the same for someone else) but then I am a hippy heathen lol

climbing into a bed of still warm from the tumble dryer freshly laundered bedding.. so lovely and cosey :D

when ur driving down teh road and a really upbeat song comes on the radio that you havent heard in ages and brings back good memories...

hot towels to dry yourself down with

When the kids wake up in the morning before their alarms, come downstairs, say good morning in a cheery voice, and curl up on the sofa next to me. Puts me in a good mood for the whole day. It would make my week if they all did it on the same day

lozzijane said:
climbing into a bed of still warm from the tumble dryer freshly laundered bedding.. so lovely and cosey :D

:hug: :hug: ooohhhh yeah. Especially if you've just had a long hot bath and you're all nice and clean. Warm and toasty! :hug:

Seeing my little boy smile!

Wearing new pyjamas (they never feel the same once they've been washed)

When it gets near to half past five and I know OH will be home soon!

Knowing theres plenty of money in the bank and not having to worry about paying the bills!

Driving - I love just going for a long drive with my fave CD's on!

Getting post that isn't junk! - especially a letter from my brothers or sister cos I dont hear from them too often.

Getting into a nice hot bath (well, not too hot now that Im pregnant!)

Having dinner cooked for me as it's so rare, it's lovely not having to do the cooking, even though I enjoy it.

Smelling new magazines
Getting into a bed with clean sheets and smell lush
When sophie says love u mummy
When Alastair smiles
When Oh is not at work and we all cuddle up on the sofa
listening to my new jordon and peter album 8) :rotfl:

Is it any good then? I have all of Pete's but wasn't sure about Jordan and Pete's.

hearing my girls laugh makes me happy. they have such gorgeous laughs and i love it

my budgies makes me happy whe they fly to me and sit on my shoulder coz im forever humbled to be trusted so much by them.

soppy texts , dh isnt very soppy so when i do in a million years get one i get a proper big smile !

I like my morning smiles from Arianna - when she wakes up she coos away for ages and then when I go through she always gives me the biggest of smiles!

And hearing certain songs. "Leavin on a jetplane" - my hubby used to sing it whne I took him to the airport for going offshore :cry:
"Wonderful tonight" One of the last songs my mum, hubby and I danced together to. :cry: Cry but in agood happy times way

S. xx

I am a bit soppy with things like this!!

Seeing a rainbow

Hearing thunder and seeing lightning

My husband being spoppy - doesn't happen often but when he is romantic or soppy it makes me cry!

I love seeing my dog going mental spashing around at the beach and also that half hour before my DH is getting home and I get all excited to see him!!

Obviously Leorah makes me happy too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back