**The No Sleep Club**

What a night!!!!!!
Oscar went down at 8pm ish. Woke at 11pm, then 12am........ little monkey stayed awake until now!!!!! He just wouldn't sleep - think he had tummy bothering him.
As I type, he's feeding and falling asleep. I'm off to bed - I have a 3 hour car journey to do later today.... doh!!

I had a rough night too, Brody had quite a big feed at 11.30pm, then woke at 12.30, 1.30, 3....and it stayed for the rest of the night :?
At 6.30am he's usually asleep, but today he was gurgling and chatting away.

I've got up to take Mason to school but then I'm going back to bed.

Right I asked my HV about this today... she said I'd done all the right things as far as feeding (eg making sure he's getting the hind milk etc)

Trouble is, he's only put on 4 oz in 2 weeks... I was so surprised, Mason was always huge and Brody is looking the same, very chunky with chubby little arms)

In her opinion, and it was something I was definitley suspecting: he wants me as his dummy :?

She explained about their sleep patterns, I'll pass on the info now incase it helps anyone:

They have a 1 hour pattern, the first half, light REM sleep, then they go to deep sleep for a bit then come back up to light sleep. When they are in light sleep, they can sort of mentally "check" to make sure everything is as they left it. If they are used to going to sleep alone in their cot, then they don't wake, as they are still in their cot, so they go back down into deep sleep.
If, like Brody, they are at the boob when they fall asleep, he will wake up and want to be on the boob again to fall asleep cos that's what he's used to.
This is why he's waking upevery hour / hour and a half, every cycle he falls asleep on the boob again cos I feed him every time he wakes in the night.
I have got to not let Brody fall asleep on the boob, even in the day time, as this habit he has now has to be unlearned.

Wish me luck!
:?

Hi everyone...
Just back from Cape Town... spend 4 nights with DH and Oscar was a star!!!! Slept from 8pm - 3am - 6.30/7.30am. Not quite through yet, but it was positive after a few weeks of much interrupted sleep!
How's everyone else doing?
Emilia xx :wink:

Brody sleeps for 4 hours at the start of the night, then wakes up about every 2 hours after that...It's a boob thing with him not a food thing so I'm trying to put him down awake more but it's hard cos 2 mins on the boob and he's out for the count. :?

Oscar was back to his old ways again last night..... woke 3 times, but I did manage to get some sleep.
Here's hoping it's a one off..... better night tonight!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:
Emilia xx

Rubie has cracked it - 10pm - 7am woohoo!!! After her feed she went straight back off and she is still asleep now (9:15)

I'm so proud of her, I hope she can keep it up :D

Brody went to sleep on his own in his crib, woke after 3 hours, then about every 2 hours after that again. I wouldn't mind so much but last night I couldn't even get to sleep in between!

I'm going to be the only member left in this club pretty soon!

YAAAAAY Rubie.

Fantastic, lets hope she keeps it up like that, i don't want her to be keeping Jack awake in future years!!! Lol

Well done roo!! :dance:

Kim said:
Rubie has cracked it - 10pm - 7am woohoo!!! After her feed she went straight back off and she is still asleep now (9:15)

I'm so proud of her, I hope she can keep it up :D

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

hey Urchin,

Are you not happy with Brody having a dummy? he may sleep if he has constant comfort.

Amy used to use me as a dummy, it's very tiring. HV told me to give her a dummy in the end- so i did, i needed the rest Lol :D

Well done Rubie!! :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Urchin - no worries I will be here for eternity (it seems LOL!!!) :wall: :wall:

L x

I have considered it, but I think if I give him another "crutch" that won't help...he might start waking 10 times a night for me to put it back in when it falls out...that's what happened to my friend.

Don't worry Urchin... I'll still be here too by the look of things! Oscars' sleep is so inconsistent - I just have to hope and pray for SOME sleep every night. :pray: :pray:
I don't know what else to say to you, but here a HUGE >> hug<< anyway!!! :D
Emilia xx

Guess who's back. Seren has forgotten how to sleep again. Gave up timing her when she was awake after a while. Think she might be doing the same as Brody as she cannot be that hungrey at night, fair enough I expect to be waken once or twice but 4/5 times is not hunger?

I understand what your saying urchin, but will it not be easier and quicker for you to slip a dummy in rather than putting him on your breast and waiting for him to go to sleep?
Once Amy got used to using a dummy she was fine and i knew she was in a deep sleep when her dummy slipped out.
You won't be loosing anything trying it for a couple of nights cos you are still being woken or try it in the day while he's asleep.

Just a suggestion :D

well.... here I am.... look at the time :shock: :shock: :shock:
I've been awake on and off since before midnight. I eventually got up at 4.30am to get some water for Oscar. He's doing lots of farties, but no sign of a poo yet.... first day ever he hasn't done one. Is this normal for a BF bunny?
See Urchin... I just knew I would be back here!!! :wall: :D

It's 5.55am now.... shattered, but have to get up in 20 mins to get kids ready for school...... starts so damn early here!!! :?
Big yawnnnnnnnnn....................
Emilia xx

Thanks everyone, but we had a little set back. Rubie fell asleep at 8:30 and missed her last bottle so she woke at 3am for a feed. She then woke again at 7am then 11am, so not too bad really :D

Kim - That sounds like bliss compared to whats happening in my house!!! lol :?

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back