crying to sleep?

ella

Reaction score
Do some babies just cry a bit before they settle?

I never bothered with a routine until Darragh was on solids then had a feeding routine and naps just fell in with that. However I had got into a bad habit of rocking Darragh to sleep which suddenly stopped working and he couldn't get himself over so I had to let him cry a bit for a day or two - I went in every couple of minutes and patted him to let him know I was there and he fell asleep after 20 mins the first day and about 5 the second day, at the time he was about 6-7 months. Now my question is he cries himself to sleep most days - only for a couple of minutes and then nods off, is this ok or do you think he is upset, his cry is not a distressed one just a little grumbly then off to sleep.

We're going through this right now. Angel is a sod and will not go in her cot without a major kick-up!
I'm leaving her to it whilst still being in the room. I won't let her get distressed, she just sounds grumpy and whinging for the hell of it!
As long as he doesn't sound upset as such, then i can't see it being a problem. Especially if he falls asleep pretty quick.

Harrison does the same, he keeps getting up too until he literally has no energy left. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back