**The No Sleep Club**

awww lisa, don't worry, heidi is only tiny, rubie used to be just the same :)

Theres hope yet then!!!

What I really dont understand is that in the daytime after every feed she practically falls asleep straight away.

However when it comes to the 7.00 feed she drinks it down and then is really wide awake and never falls asleep :shock: and really cries if I even try to put her in her rocker chair. In fact she stays awake usually until about half an hour before her next feed !??!! Yet in the daytime I cant keep her awake!!?? LOl - whats going on!!??? - it means I cannot do anything in the evening - including eat!!!!!

L x

This sounds like Rubie's twin lol

I could have written that a few weeks ago, but honestly (and I know how annoying this saying is believe me) IT DOES GET BETTER lol

Rubie got herself into her own routine, I never forced anything on her. She doesn't have a set bath time, and I never put her upstairs by herself, she just started sleeping longer at night on her own.

Bear in mind that Heidi is still very very young and it may be a few weeks yet until it all clicks into place.

You're doing a fantastic job and will be rewarded with a decent nights sleep before you know it :D

How did I miss this thread?! I find it hard catching up on all the the different forums sometimes!

We are definately part of the no sleep club. I think I am making matters worse as to try and catch up with some zzzzzs I often keep Olivia in my bed and when she stirs I offer her my boob then we both fall asleep for a short while and don't get up until midday. It's the only way I can catch up on the sleep though (albeit short burts of cat naps) because Olivia doesn't sleep for any length of time in her carrycot, she'll only sleep for 2 hours or so if she's in the sling or the car :roll:

She's been having some screaming fits recently but tonight she was falling asleep on my boob so I put her upstairs at 9.30 - will be interesting to see how tonight goes because I'd say she's had more sleep than usual and less food than usual.. hope that doesn't make for a busy night :wall:

Lucy

eva is starting to have a feed at 10pm and then wakes up at 3 or4am for another. So it seems to be getting better for the time being!

Brody woke at 12, 3, 4 then 8...(see...no 6!)

Wierd, Hopefully he'll start sleeping longer at the start aswell again LOL

Kim said:
This sounds like Rubie's twin lol

I could have written that a few weeks ago, but honestly (and I know how annoying this saying is believe me) IT DOES GET BETTER lol

Rubie got herself into her own routine, I never forced anything on her. She doesn't have a set bath time, and I never put her upstairs by herself, she just started sleeping longer at night on her own.

Bear in mind that Heidi is still very very young and it may be a few weeks yet until it all clicks into place.

Cheers Kim, Its not annoying - its nice to hear that it will get better!

I just find it strange that she sleeps sooo well in the day and at night really comes awake. I just wish she were awake more in the day. But when she is awake she just cries (even when Ive done all the checks). I was wondering if she is getting frustrated cos she wants to do stuff but cant (perhaps she is really impatient like her Mum!!!)

L x

How did your night go Lucy???

Not too bad, Olivia slept from 9.30-2.30 then fed her and put her back at 3 and she slept until 6 then she was awake until 8 then slept until 10!

We've been out alot today so she's been sleeping in the car seat and is asleep in the sling at the moment (she had another screaming session so I put her in it nearly 2 hours ago and she hasn't stirred since!).

I find that she sleeps better at night when I swaddle her - so today I bought a "miracle blanket" from Mothercare to try (easier to swaddle than a blanket )

How is everyone else?

Lucy x

Lucy - your night sounds a bit like mine. Finally got Heidi off to sleep last night about 12.00 Midnight - arghghgh then she woke at about 3am then again at 6.30am. After her feed at around 7 she slept till about 10.30am.

Lucy, do you think Olivia sleeps better if she has slept more in the day???? - I was wondering if its better or worse the more sleep they have in the day

I just need to get the 6.00pm - Midnight sleep sorted out - she just wont settle at that time - she wakes up fully!!!! :shock:

Hope everyone ok and bleary eyed!! isnt it strange how we are all up around similar times in the middle of the night - all doing the night shift lol. :dance:

My HV said that sleep encourages sleep so it should mean that the better they sleep in the day, the better they sleep at night. She told me not to try and keep Rubie awake in the daytime because it would probably keep her awake at night too. I believe this 100% becuase Rubie sleeps a lot in the day (average 6 hours) and sleeps brilliantly at night too :D

Ooooh Kim - well tommorow that means I will drive round all day with Heidi in her car seat - she always falls asleep in that! Does that mean she will then sleep all night!!! lol. It makes me smile cos she falls asleep even when I just sit her in it and start doing all the straps. bless.

She's being good tonight actually - been in bed since 8.00pm and its now 10.30! shes an :angel:

L x

LOL Rubie does that, I only have to bring it out of the hallway and her eyes start to droop!!

Try it, it does work. I used to worry if Rubie slept all day and thought, there's no way she will sleep tonight, but she always does.

She's going around 8 hours now, 10pm - 6am WOOHOO!!!

Kim said:
I only have to bring it out of the hallway and her eyes start to droop!!

:lol: Just picturing the scene!!!

Had a good night :D . She went sleep about 8.30pm and didnt wake up till 2.30am!!!! :shock: :D :D thats 7 hours!!! so it would be great if we could get that so it was 11.00pm till 6.00am - sorted!!!

Hows everyone else getting on?

L x

OOOOH brody seems to be making a bit of progress:

Slept 10pm till 3 am (5 hours yay!) then woke aagain at 5 and 7.30.

Getting there maybe?

Rubie did 9pm - 7am, then went back til 9:30 - yay!! :dance:

Hi everyone

Glad to see some progress is being made!

Olivia slept from 10.30-3.30 which I'm happy with then fed her & had to change nappy etc & she slept 4.15-7 then 8-9.30 and is now snoring away on my chest. I've got the same problem that Urchin had the other night where I can't seem to sleep :roll: didn't go off until 12.30 last night and couldn't get back to sleep at 8 so I feel tired.

Lucy, do you think Olivia sleeps better if she has slept more in the day???? - I was wondering if its better or worse the more sleep they have in the day

I think she does sleep better at night if she's slept more in the day, then reading what Kim's HV said I am sure of it now. She seems to cluster feed less in the evening if she's slept from 5ish to 7ish so I now think half of her cluster feeding was in fact her nibbling away whilst semi sleeping as most of the milkj was running onto my arm but when I'd try to put her down she'd wake up (prob over tired!)

Going to try and transferher to car seat now ... I need to go shopping for some good eye cream, concealer alone is no longer enough for my bags!

Lucy x

Hows everyone getting on?

Heidi has been an :angel: again! She slept from 10.00pm till 3.45am!!!!! excellent. Then she did 5.00am till 8.30am!!!!!!

What a gem. :lol:

Hows everyone else doing?

L x

Not too bad last night....although I can't remember exactly!
He's upstairs asleep now, fingers crossed he stays that way for a while :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back