**The No Sleep Club**

lol Urchin - Heidi is up in bed too! Due for a feed in about half an hour - so do I go bed or do I wait for her to wake up!!??? :shock:

L x

Can you do a dream feed? If not, I would go to bed and see what happens.

Is that where you feed them whilst they are asleep? If so, I dont do that cos Heidi throws up a lot - and it worries me feeding in the night anway in case she throws up and I dont hear her

L x

Awww i wish frankie was a good sleeper she will have her last feed at around 10.30/11.00 and then she will wake at about 2am 'ish and then at 5am 'ish and then about 8am but sometimes it can be shorter inbetween times and im so tired little monster she is really keeping me up so many times :(

Brody had a feed at 11.30, 3.15, 5.30 and 7 :shock:

See? he starts well then it all goes out the window!

Sometimes frankie can be good and not wake up for her feed so many times but others she does hmmm dont know where she goes wrong on that then??

Last night was the worst night I've had in ages.
I went to bed at 9.30 cos I had a rough night the night before aswell.
I fed him at 9.30, he then woke at 11.30, 1.30 etc every 2 hours all night.
I AM KNACKERED!
I can't go back to bed cos the HV is coming round at 12 to do another "have you got PND?" questionaire.

After that I have my follow-up physio appointment at the hospital.
I have a feeling I'll be in bed by 8 tonight. Not that that helps if he's gonna wake up at 10 then 12..... :evil:

:? Poor you Urchin - sounds like you didnt half have a crap night of it.

I have copied and pasted that thing about 31 ways to get your baby to go to sleep and stay asleep!!! will read it in a minute.

Unbelievabley Heidi is asleep. D/H has taken half a days holiday. When he got home she was asleep - then he has woken her - given her a dream feed and she is sleeping again!!!!!! and in her bed, upstairs!!!!! :shock: - makes me look such a liar that she has been playing up in the daytimes!!!!! :shock: :roll:

L x

Oh good grief Urchin- nightmare! I read your other post about the good HV, have you tried him on some food today? I know you're breastfeeding but one of the ladies in my post-natal social group is a paedeotrician (not sure if I've spelt that right but you know what I mean!) and although she is breastfeeding she has been giving her baby formula at the late night feed because it takes longer to digest- letting the baby go longer between feeds. Not sure if you'd want to do that but just a suggestion.

Mel has been having a bit of food since he turned 17 weeks last Saturday and is over 17lbs and totally up for it. He's not terribly keen on baby rice but he's had carrot for the past three days and boy did he like that! He's had a tablespoon at 11am mixed with some formula and today he had another tablespoon at 5.30 as well. I don't think it's had much effect yet but he does seem less frantic as we approach the next feed.

Good luck with tonight anyway- you're a saint for getting this far with all of that waking!
+++

Hi again :)

I had already done 2 days of baby rice when I saw the HV, it was so nice not to get a guilt trip about it though!
Last night I gave him a bit of rice a lunch time and a bit more closer to bedtime, then took him up to bed with me at 7.30pm!
He slept for about 3 hours then again woke at 2 hour intervals :?
I know it will take a while for him to settle with the baby rice anyway, but at about 4 am he was really desperatley trying to feed and I don't think there was any milk left there for him :( Today I'm going to have to drink loads of water and hope to boost my supply a bit.
I'm also considering giving him a bottle of forumla tonight, but it does feel a bit like giving in, I'm really stubborn and just want to do the best for him.

Hi Urchin, You must be shattered, i bet everyone says this but I'm sure Brody will sleep through soon! I know what you mean about the formula at night but I am breastfeeding Charlie and he would never settle longer then 3 or 4 hours at night so I decided to give him a formula, he sleeps about 11hrs now and it is a godsend, he still gets breastfed the rest of the day but that night feed has really helped us and I feel so much more relaxed and can enjoy feeding him during the day. Hope it get's better for you x

can i join the club too???? yaaaaaaawn...............................

ruben was pretty good for a while after i started him on the gina ford contented little baby routine at 5 weeks. he'd go to bed at 7pm then i'd wake him for a feed and nappy change at 10-10.30. then he'd sleep from 11pm until 3-4am, have a quiet night time feed and then sleep till i woke him at 7-7.15am.

but in the last week he has started waking frequently again... he'll still go down well at 7 and sleep till 10, which is naice as i have my evenings "free" to do other things or relax. after his late evening feed he'll go to sleep ok at 11pm, but then wake frequently wanting food but i can't get him awake enough to take a proper feed to make him last longer! last night he woke at 1.30am, 3am, 4am 5.30am and on and off too many times for me to remember (i must have been sleepwalking over to him to get him settled!) between then and 7 when i got up feeling like a zombie. he on the other hand was very awake and babbling happily away once i'd picked him up and was changing his nappy!

i have tried giving him a top up of formula after the breast at the 10.30 feed but it doesn't seem to make a difference. i also make sure he sleeps according to the routine so he doesn't sleep too much during the day. this worked a treat before, and he was nicely tired but not overtired after his bath.

i'm persevering with the routine though, just feeding more often in the day to see if i can get him to take most of his daily nutritional needs between 7am and 11pm. i think either he's having an extra long growth spurt :shock: or my milk supply is not enough (i think it may have dropped a little during a terrible cold both ruben and i suffered from a couple of weeks back). i have invested in an electric breast pump and am trying to express to increase my supply!

he's a "textbook baby" during the day, but i wish he could go back to his nice little routine he was in before!

:D :D :D :D :D

I thought I should report the good nights as well as the bad and am so pleased to say that Olivia slept from 10pm-5am :clap: :dance: :angel:
That's officially her first time "sleeping through".

It was probably a one off :roll: and I can't remember if we did anything different yesterday etc to try and make it happen again - typical!

How's everyone else?

Petchy - a formula top up didn't make Olivia sleep longer either, well last time we used it about 4 wks ago.

Lucy

Well, Oscars' sleep routine has been the worst it's ever been. For more than a week now, he goes to bed at 7.30. Wakes at 11.30, 1am, 2.30, 4 and 5.45. I was in Cape Town with DH and we ended up snapping at each other. I am beyond exhaustion.... last night whrn O woke up at 11.30, I just took him into bed to feed. Everytime I looked at the clock, O still seemed attached to my boob. I finally got out of bed at 6am - it was getting too much.
HV told me to stop him from snacking so much and not to feed him so much during the night! I can bearly keep my eyes open, nevermind comforting him whilst crying early hours of the morning. I just plug him in.
The only thing keeping me going is that one day we well crack it! I wondered if it was my breastmilk, but HV said he's doing great growth wise.
I really dont know what advice any of you would give me. As you all know, DH lives away from home cause of work. I have no one to help me out and have some rest! Nightmare... now I know why they use sleep deprivation as form of torture!!!
Emilia xx :( :(

Hi Emilia

Hope you had a lovely time with DH and the kids.

I'm not sure if this will help you or if you have already tried it but I think the routine that Kina (Rosieroo) uses is fabulous and I'm going to try and introduce it with Olivia once her colic settles down.... she expresses milk from one breast whilst feeding Ella from the other in the morning (I've been told our milk in the morning is more creamy and more fulfilling) she then gives that to Ella in the evening before bedtime in a bottle (Olivia doesn't take a bottle very well so if she's suffering with colic that can send her into a right frenzy hence why I'm holding back at the moment).

Hope you don't mind me going into detail Kina :?

Hope Oscar settles down soon, I know the feeling when you look at the clock and an hour has passed and the little one is STILL attached.

Hope you can get some rest tonight,

Lucy x

Ta Lucy...
Good advice, thank you!!
Only problem is that my boobies are never full in the morning, due to O draining me all night long. They seem empty - although I have milk. They're just not full to the point of leaking... do I make sense?

Will give it a try though! :D
Emilia xx

emilia said:
Ta Lucy...

Only problem is that my boobies are never full in the morning, due to O draining me all night long. They seem empty - although I have milk.

Same problem as me :?
Today Brody had some mashed banana for breakfast and now he's just had some banana baby-rice for tea.
Am going to make some of my own veggie stuff tomorrow and see how he likes that.

Fingers crossed I've filled him up a bit ready for tonight :)

1/2 an hour till i go and do the late evening feed, then try to settle him for the night. fingers crossed it will be a better night than last night!!! (hope is the only thing that gets me through!!!) i'm gonna follow gina ford's advice of waking him fully so he will feed properly and keeping him awake for 1/2 hour longer for this feed and see if it helps. will also top him um with a few oz of formula. will report back in the morning if i am awake enough to function!

petchy said:
i'm gonna follow gina ford's advice of waking him fully so he will feed properly and keeping him awake for 1/2 hour longer for this feed and see if it helps.

Yeah, when Olivia wakes for feeds during the night I have to try and wake her up as much as possible and try to get her to take both boobs or else she falls asleep then wakes up more frequently.

Good luck everyone!

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back