**The No Sleep Club**

I don't have any probs getting Brody to sleep, last night he even had a dream feed at 11.30 but still woke at 2.30 and 5!
I'll know when I weigh him this week if it IS a growth spurt or not... but it seems to be going on forever!

It's tempting just to give him formula at night, but it feels like giving in....it's only a few weeks till I wean so I'm holding out.

Kim said:
Thing is, she feeds and gets tired at different times each night, so I don't know what time to put her down :?

thats a tricky one, what times does she nap during the day?

danielle used to be 9am 1pm and 4pm now she is sleeping through its 10am and 2pm

she usually sleeps 9am - 1pm and thats it

I can just put Abi t bed now and she goes off to sleep within 10 mins no tears or anything and it doesn't matter what time i put her down she will go, i'd highly recommend doing this from an early age, i know you want to cuddle them off but it makes life harder in the long run :)

Manda said:
I can just put Abi t bed now and she goes off to sleep within 10 mins no tears or anything and it doesn't matter what time i put her down she will go, i'd highly recommend doing this from an early age, i know you want to cuddle them off but it makes life harder in the long run :)

definately agree there

urchin said:
It's tempting just to give him formula at night, but it feels like giving in....it's only a few weeks till I wean so I'm holding out.

I know what you mean... I've thought about it, but I'm a "all or nothing" person, meaning, I either bf or bottlefeed.
It's getting better though and not too long before weaning.
:D
Emilia xx

I've had a brainwave today.

When Brody is tired, he alway pushes himself onto his side...I'm wondering if I let him sleep on his side if he would stay asleep longer.
Remember, he wakes in the night and has a quick 5 min feed lying on his side then goes straight back to sleep. I'm wondering if he wants to be on his side more than he wants a feed. :think:

Oscar will only sleep on his right side. I might put him down on his back, but when I return, he's on his side.
Try it, you never know.... might just be your ticket to a good night sleep!
Good luck!!

WOW we had a great night last night!!.............. :D :D :D

Put Heidi into bed at around 9.00pm and she slept through till 3.30am!!!!!!!!!!! - i have an inflatable bed in her room which i have been sleeping on (as d/h is getting no sleep in the week) and i usually try and sneak in there to go bed.

Anyway last night (when it came for me to go bed) I was going to sneak in and get on the air bed but decided to get in my own bed with D/H (she was due for a feed so I only had half an hour so I thought she would be ok on her own in her room) I took the monitor with me and had it glued to my ear - and i have to say it was amazing. I actually managed to get some proper sleep (which was a first!!) So I fed her at 4 then put her back in her own room!!!

So, I would really like to do it again tonight but I know they recommend you dont put them in their own roon until 6 months old so I dont feel comfortable doing this cos shes only 4 weeks old (even though it meant everyone got a good nights sleep and today has been a really good day because of it!)

What do you lot think?!

L x

I'm not sure what you should do. I see your point though. I know you can get those monitors now with the sensor pads that go under baby's sheet, but no idea the cost of it. That's probably what I would use if I was going to put baby in his/her own room.

I've probably been not help at all.... sorry :( :D
I hope you get another good night sleep - It amazing how much good it does you when you've been deprived for a few weeks! :D

Lisa, the only thing I can say is go with what feels right to you. If you think that you will sleep better with her with you then do that, if not and you feel she is better in her own room then do that. It really is quite a personal choice so do what makes you feel happietst, and I hope you get more good nights. :D

Having a nightmare at the moment with Seren, she has been crying for an hour now, has been fed, nappy ok, not too hot, cold etc but just cries. Hope she goes to sleep soon, poor poppet

Brody has also gone really grouchy over the past hour or so... I think he's tired but hungry too = too tired to feed :?

That's what I had with Seren, she just wouldn't feed but cried if taken off the boob. We rocked her in her crib for ages but she kept on crying so I put her on the boob again, five mins later one sleeping baby. She was so exhausted but had got herself in a tizzy

I think it's a pile of poo all this stuff they say now about you shouldn't do this and shouldn't do that i say go with what you think is right, everything i've done with Abi is cos i've felt it's the right thing sod what anyone tells me they don't know my daughter as well as me i'm with her 24/7 Abi's been on her own since about 5 weeks(and she was 5 weeks prem so really from birth age) and sleeps 10 + hours a night without waking, yes 1st couple of nights i panicked cos she didn't wake even now i still get up and check her if i wake up and i haven't heard her, at the end of the day i think if and i pray it wont happen to anyone on here but if a baby is going to die from cot death (and believe me i've really panicked about this it's one of my biggest fearsmade worse by the fact Abi now sleeps on her side and can get on to her belly :? ) it's gonna happen whether they're in your room or in their own as long as you've got a monitor on and usually you can hear them more on a monitor than if they were in your room (well thats if you have the monitor up full like me lol).

Thats my opinion anyway, go with what you feel is right

Good luck with what you decide and roll on those sleepful nights, oh well off to give Abi injections now :(

Another bad night, Seren was up at 1.30am, 3am, and 5am. Thankfully daddy is off work today so I'm going to try and catch up later. Yet the night before it was 8.30pm - 6.30am. No idea what is going on??

Yeah, Brody was the same. I'm going to get him weighed on Thursday and I will ask the HV about it. I think it's been going on too long now to be a growth spurt. :?

we had a bad night too! She slept from 8-10pm and then 12-2am and then woke every hour after that!! :roll:

Thanks Manda - what you wrote really reflects how I feel. I have been asking around friends and family and quite a few of them never waited 6 months to put them in their own room.

I guess its down to personnal choice and she is not in anyway distressed by being in her own room (in fact she sleeps soooo much better when she is) Like you though I am so paranoid about cot death - its the only reason I am questionning putting her in her own room - but like you say I have the monitor - and yes its true you do hear more on the monitor (I was thinking that last night as I lay there listening to her breathing!!!) :roll: - I couldnt hear her breathing when she was in our room - the monitors are great arent they! - pick everything up.

Think I may continue with it them - but thanks for your reply made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. :)

L x

Good luch with it and :pray: for many sleepful nights x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back