**The No Sleep Club**

I bf abi through the day and then give her a bottle of formula for bed as formula is more filling and keeps her satisfied longer since i've been doing this she sleeps all night :)

Phoebe has been sleeping from 6pm - 5.30am since she was 6 weeks. :lol:

But this week she has started waking at 2.30am for a feed :think:
Wouldn't mind if it meant she slept in longer than half 5 but she doesn't :(
I'm knackered!! :roll:

Hope she's only doing it because she has a cold :?

BubbleOne said:
Phoebe has been sleeping from 6pm - 5.30am since she was 6 weeks. :lol:

But this week she has started waking at 2.30am for a feed :think:
Wouldn't mind if it meant she slept in longer than half 5 but she doesn't :(
I'm knackered!! :roll:

Hope she's only doing it because she has a cold :?

Brody used to go from 10-4.30 then wake again at about 8...then that all went out the window and he's been waking every 2 hours in te past few weeks :?

Oscar granted me a good night sleep last night :clap: :clap:
I was worried, as he slept most of the day too. Oh well, not complaining.... after waking, I got my cereal and hopped back into bed. Watched "Chocolat" on laptop and finally got up at 11am..... scandalous!!!!!!! :oops: :lol:

Emilia xx

Thanks for that Urchin :lol:

Ruined any hope I had of her going back to her old sleep pattern when her cold has gone :doh: :lol:

BubbleOne said:
Thanks for that Urchin :lol:

Ruined any hope I had of her going back to her old sleep pattern when her cold has gone :doh: :lol:

Awww sorry I'm sure you'll be fine.

I have found 2 probs with my routine so far...

1- I express when I can, but cos Brody feeds little and often, I feel like when I express, the next feed there is hardly any milk for him. This was a problem tonight cos I only had time to express this evening, so it meant for 2 feeds I had to use the same breast, and there was just nothing left. :?

2- I wanted him to have the bottle of expressed last thing at night, after a bath etc. He's just too tired though, he cries and fusses around the bottle, by the time he eventually finished it tonight, I wanted him to finish his feed on the breast as there was only 3 1/2 oz in the bottle, but he was too tired by then and just fell asleep :wall:

I've kept him downstairs for now, I want to get some more milk in his before he goes down for the night, so no 8pm bedtime tonight. :?

Well she settled by about 6.15pm tonight and I've only been up once to pat her bum until she resettles :lol:

Heres to hoping :lol:

I knew he'd want more!...he literally onlly slept for 15 mins, then woke up and had another 3 oz out of another bottle so he's had 6.5oz of expressed and a little bit of breast too.
He doesn't look tired though :?

Good luck Urchin... :? :| :D

Oscar is asleep but moving an awful lot.... yikes!

Emilia xx

Have had a mixed night but am very proud of my little bean. We went round a friends house for a meal and took Seren with us as my MIL is away. I thought that she would not sleep and that we would have to leave early but we followed the usual routine and put her in her grobag and she fell asleep straight away. We had to wake her (that was so tough) at 12.30am, she slept in the car for 40 mins and then I attempted to put her to bed. She was hungrey and took a while to settle but she did and apart from waking up a couple of times in the morning for a quick feed, she slept til 10am. Just chuffed that the routine worked well enough for her to sleep in a strange house.

Emilia, reading that you watched chocolat - Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt!!!!

I can't exactly remember what times Brody woke up last night :oops:
I think it was about every 3 hours, but at 3.30 he was really grizzly and moaning, I'm sure he was trying to do a big poo and couldn't. Maybe stuffing him with loads of milk may have upset his body clock a bit.
:?

Beanie...
Johnny Depp when I want a bit of rough and ready
Brad Pitt has the slow hand........... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

These boys are tiring me out!! :oops: :oops:
Emilia xx

i am so tired! my lo woke up at 2 n wouldnt settle at all at 3.30 i put her in the bed with me n she still wasnt very settled n was then up at 6am! has just gone to sleep now :(

Oscar did me proud last night - he woke only once!!
Since I've been letting Oscar sleep more during the day - he seems to sleep better at night. Either that - or he's just needing more sleep at the moment. It has been really good - I'm feeling so much better!
Hope you all had a good sleepy too!
Emilia xx

Well Phoebe was in bed asleep by 6.30pm last night. Woke at 2am for a feed and wouldn't settle adter that :x
Think she finally fell asleep at about 4.30am and woke up at 6.30am.
I'm knackered :?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :doh:

SORRY THIS IS VERY LONG, BUT MAY HELP U ALL

sorry if i`m repeated anything that has already been said but danielle isn`t letting me read all your posts lol.......

danielle had her 8 month check-up last week and i mentioned danielle`s sleeping habits.

now the hv was harsh and did tell us it was our fault and as she was our first it was a learning curve, she was shocked that danielle still woke during the night for milk.

she asked us to describe danielles nightly routine, so i did......

danielle has a bath and a bottle at 7, then me or daddy will get her to sleep by rocking or laying in our bed with her, then she would wake 2-4 times a night just for milk. once she got the milk she went straight back to sleep. some night she would take 12-15oz.

the hv said to start things off she should be getting herself to sleep, by us placing her in her cot and letting her cry (omg i don`t want to do this was my exact thought) then we can just reduce the milk once she learnt to settle herself.

so me and dp decided enough was enough.....we tried it. the first night she cried for an hour and a half, second night was 40 mins, third night was 10 mins and last night was 1 min. and she has slept 12 hours every night.

hurray for a whole nights sleep. :clap:

I REALLY DO HOPE THIS CAN HELP SOME OF U.

That's excellent, well done Danielle!! I bet you wish you'd done that earlier!!

I still can't bring myself to put Rubie to bed on her own yet, I just want her downstairs with me, but I will have to think about doing it soon :think:

yeah i wish i did it when she was born, it seems cruel to put her through the upset of being alone. all she has ever know is cuddles and rocking to go to sleep.

but deep down i know its best for her and us, so she is now our big girl :clap:

she seems to be adjusting just fine, i do highly recommend it, start them young then u won`t have to put yourself through the guilt trip that we have put ourselves through.

Thing is, she feeds and gets tired at different times each night, so I don't know what time to put her down :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back