How can I get him to sleep longer??

Emmamb

Reaction score
Kieron's nearly 17 weeks now and never been much trouble at night-until 2 nights ago,I've started taking him up to his cot at 8ish after his last bottle but last 2 nights he's woken at 1am for another feed then goin off for another 2 hours then waking again :( gonna try some different dummies cos he's suckin these 1's so hard that they're shootin across the cot so u find I'm puttin it back in every 2 mins. I ended up puttin him in bed with us last night but I can't get into a deep sleep if he's in with me cos I have him laid on my arm,as soon as I put him in his cot again he woke up crying. He's having 2 solid meals a day aswel as 4-5 8oz bottles a day.

Anybody got any tips on how I can get him to sleep :(

Can't offer any advice as Oscar usually wakes for at least 1 feed a night, but maybe it could be a growth spurt?

Sorry can't be any help xxx

It may be teething, Matthew has started to get restless at night, and I can see teeth under his gums so I think that's why!
XxX

Lucy is nearly 17 weeks and we are having same problem but she isn't on any solids yet. Unsure if it's growth spurt or teething as she was also sleeping through. Hoppe it settles for you soon xxx

Drake went through this at 4 months, i put it down to sleep regression. We put up with him waking every hour for 2 weeks but then he got over it. He still wakes up for his dummy once around 5am but he's not as bad as he used to be. I remember the HV telling me that maybe it was time to get rid of the dummy as obviously when he wakes he can't resettle without it..but i though he was too young to be without it so put up with it. The thought of my boy going cold turkey is scary, he loves his dummy!

Eva started doing this and we did get rid of her dummy and it really, really helped. She is now soooo much calmer and settles a lot easier than when she had it. We had 1 day and 1 night of her being a bit moany with out it, like Yodabo, I was so worried about taking it off her as she loved it so much, but 2 days later it was like she'd never had it, and she just slept so much better and as i say, was a lot calmer. But that's obviously just our experience! xx

lucy is now waking up T 0400 every morning, has 7oz milk, stays awake for about an hour so i get up with her then and no sooner that ive done that changed nappy she wants to go back to sleep but wont sleep in her cot only on me !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back