**The No Sleep Club**

OK i think its time i joined this little club hope u dont mind, iam going to have a full read tonight and see what u ladies have tried :hug:

i think i should join too, i get a max of 2-3 hours sleep a night

I need help please :pray:

Is there anyone out whos 8 month old is still waking????

I dont think i can cope anymore Alastair was up most of last night i have had 2 hrs sleep :cry:

Well Logan is now 5 and a half months old and still waking 3 times a night!

I am going MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey, have you started weaning hime yet? Has he ever slept through or has he always been waking through the night?

chezzabell said:

I dont think i can cope anymore Alastair was up most of last night i have had 2 hrs sleep :cry:

Brody didn't sleep through till 9 months! I totally sympathise!
What is he waking up for? A cuddle? a feed? a drink?

Urchin said:
chezzabell said:

Brody didn't sleep through till 9 months! I totally sympathise!
What is he waking up for? A cuddle? a feed? a drink?

I dunno what he wants he just cries and cries, its not like he is even stopping if he is in our bed he still cries :cry: i do feed him cos i know he will go back to sleep so i guess it is a feed he wants i just dunno, its like having a new born

How do you settle a 2 week old? LOL.

Other than..

1.food
2.changing
3.rocking to sleep
4.leaving him to cry himself to sleep (never works)
5.dummy

?

I just tend to keep him eating/suckling til he sleeps, but I'm sure that's probably not the right answer :oops: he's just so so alert and doesn't want to miss anything :(

m

Hi, my name's Becky & I GET NO SLEEP!!!!!

Austin's nearly 6 months and if he only wakes up twice in the night that's a good night for us.

He has two solid meals a day, breakfast and dinner.

He slept through for 5 days in a row when he was about 4 months? old but then started teething and that was the end of that. He now has 4 teeth so I'm hoping we get a break from teething and can learn to sleep again!!!

I really don't want to have to leave him to cry, I hate the whole idea of it. He's a baby and it's his only way of communicating. Is there any other way of encouraging him to sleep through?

leckershell said:
How do you settle a 2 week old? LOL.

Other than..

1.food
2.changing
3.rocking to sleep
4.leaving him to cry himself to sleep (never works)
5.dummy

?

I just tend to keep him eating/suckling til he sleeps, but I'm sure that's probably not the right answer :oops: he's just so so alert and doesn't want to miss anything :(

m

u didnt mention winding, do u do that enough? i was rubbish at it at first (im not saying ur rubbish too tho!) and it would make her cry and not settle. hope hes settling 4 u now xx

maybebaby said:
Hi, my name's Becky & I GET NO SLEEP!!!!!

Austin's nearly 6 months and if he only wakes up twice in the night that's a good night for us.

He has two solid meals a day, breakfast and dinner.

He slept through for 5 days in a row when he was about 4 months? old but then started teething and that was the end of that. He now has 4 teeth so I'm hoping we get a break from teething and can learn to sleep again!!!

I really don't want to have to leave him to cry, I hate the whole idea of it. He's a baby and it's his only way of communicating. Is there any other way of encouraging him to sleep through?

I'm in exactly the same situation as you! Brody woke twicw last night and that was a very good night! :lol:
He has only just got his first 2 teeth theses last 2 weeks so could be a while yet!
Hope Austin starts sleeping better for you soon!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
To all the exhausted mummies!

hi i had a bad ntes sleep last nite. millies regressing from being able to go 8 hours in one go and only waking once in 12 hours, to waking last nite at 2.45, 4.15, 5.30 and 6.45 :roll:

i wish I had internet at home so I could come on her when Im up with oran!

He ranges from waking anything up to 20 times a night but each time going back off when I out him back on his side and pop his dummy in. To waking up once but being up for 1-2 hours (usually like 3am till 5am or something) from waking up 3-4 times, taking about half hour each time to get back off with me rocking him!

I think he has been worse this past week cause of teeth as I can see one peeping though, he does not cry when he is awake though but just has a temp and wont sleep.

Im off to look for a cot bed tomorrow, sod having no room in the bedroom and if prospective buyers cant see past a bloody cot then there thick lol so Im hoping he might be comfier with a proper mattress etc - then going to try getting him to settle himself off to sleep as hope if he manages that he will settle himself off if he wakes in the night as he doesnt wake for a bottle anymore just for the fun of it I think!

We had a fairly good night last night, he went down at 8:30 & I really thought I was in for a bad one when he woke up at 9:30! I managed to settle him with his dummy & his cuddly hippo & he slept until about 12:30. He was awake about 45 mins or so then slept to 4am, settled within 10 mins then woke up again at 6:40am. I brought him into bed with us and we got a lie in until 9am!

He's been a bit funny today so I think we may have a bad night, I've got a stinking cold & think he might be feeling a bit poorly too. I've got the calpol ready!

well oran took from 7.30 till 8.30 to go to sleep, woke about 12 time between 8.30 and 10.30 at which point he decided to wake up properly, I wasnt in bed yet so he got up with me and I tried to tire him out a bit, by 12 was getting grizzly so we went up to bed with a bottle, took 3oz of it and fell asleep. woke at about 4.30 - 5am and then woke a fair few times between 5am and 7am at 7am I gave up as he was wide awake so we got up.

he has his his morning nap, I thought cause he had such a bad night he would have a long morning nap but no he had half hour bang on as usual. However its only been a little over and out since he woke up and he is grizzly now so I know he is shattered but just tried to get him down for a nap with no joy what so ever!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back