**The No Sleep Club**

Urchin

Reaction score
So who's with me!?

Brody sleeping habits are driving me mad, at first it was great, he'd wake once at 4.30am and that would be it. One day he even went till 6.30am!

Now he's waking at least every 2 hours, last night he woke up at 2, 4, 5.30 then 6.20!!!

He's just using me as a dummy, and I've tried making sure he has a proper feed, by stroking his ear if he starts to nod off, but he just has 5-10 mins then is asleep no matter what I do. The next time he wakes up I try to help him find his thumb to send him off again but he cries like he's hungry, sucks for 2 mins then nods off again!

GRRRRRRRR

im going through pretty much the same thing! just posted about it.

eva has gone back to 2hrs between feeds through the night and doesnt drink all of her milk!when she isnt feeding she is fussing etc

she seems to go longer through the day! think i should try and feed her more often through the day?? :?

Can i join? Seren wakes at 12, 3, 4, 6 and we get up at 8 as i gve up. She is feeding well through the day but is like Brody, after 5-10 mins she is fast asleep again.

LOL :lol:

i go through the same withReece. He's over 7 months and he still hasn't got a sleeping routine. sometimes sleeps all night and other times he's awake 2 or 3 times. I just give him his dummy and he goes straight off.

I swear by a dummy for getting him back to sleep. they are the best invention ever!!!

i go through the same withReece. He's over 7 months and he still hasn't got a sleeping routine. sometimes sleeps all night and other times he's awake 2 or 3 times. I just give him his dummy and he goes straight off.

I swear by a dummy for getting him back to sleep. they are the best invention ever!!!

Seren won't take a dummy, hence using me like one :( . If only i had detachable bosoms, wow think of the freedom. i could go out without trying to express a few miserable drops, could just put boobie in cot so she can help herself. :D :D :D

beanie said:
Can i join? Seren wakes at 12, 3, 4, 6 and we get up at 8 as i gve up. She is feeding well through the day but is like Brody, after 5-10 mins she is fast asleep again.

How long does a daytime feed take?
I think by letting Brody have 10 mins feeds in the day I may have turned him into a "snacker" He just pulls off after 10-15 mins, then 1/2 hour later will get a top up.

Ooooh I found an interesting article. I take Brody up to bed with me at night at around 10-11pm. Now I've found this:

Start by establishing a regular bedtime and a consistent bedtime routine. Make bedtime early, as later bedtimes will result in sleep deprivation, making your baby wake more frequently at night rather than less frequently. Develop a consistent bedtime routine that includes three to four soothing activities and ends with your baby falling asleep on his own.

hi, just thought i'd add - ewan used to get me up 3 x a night at first we had no routine partly because of colic. but after he was 3 months we started to introduce one - and now at almost 7 months he is asleep in bed my 7.30 -8pm which gives me afew hrs on me time and hubby time. ewan stll wakes but generally only once - it took over a month before the rountine started to work
his routine at the mo is
between 5-6pm solid fod/bottle
6.45 bath or top n tail - change clothes to bed clothes change nappy.
put in to grobag
7.00 - take up stairs another feed/bottle breastfeed
7.10 wind and settle in to cotbed. say goodnights and put his lullaby cd on.
potter in his room tidy clothes etc.
and 'usually' by 7.45 he is asleep and will sometimes wake around 11 or wll go through till 6.30 or will wake around 2 or 4 am
so not too bad. the past two weeks he has gone down with no fuss at all. previously he has grumbled and i've had to settle him a little.

Hope this is of some help

thats a really good quite urchin. i'm going to try that too and see if it works! let me know how you get on with it!

hearts81 said:

cant fault u on that one i still have probs with my youngest now waking all the time during the night and she is gonna be 1 this week i desperatly want to take her off the dummy but whilst she is like this i darent :roll: :lol:

beanie have you tried different types of dummies? my daughter wont touch any dummies apart from the mam silicone soothers if i attempt to give her any other dummy she spits it back out and wont take it! and has been like that from birth!

beanie said:
Seren won't take a dummy, hence using me like one :( . If only i had detachable bosoms, wow think of the freedom. i could go out without trying to express a few miserable drops, could just put boobie in cot so she can help herself. :D :D :D

SNAP!!!!!

Hoorah..... I'm not the only insane person that have had the thought of somehow being able to put my boobie in beside Oscar :D :D :D

Oscar's sleep is terrible at the mo. He goes to bed at 8pm.
Wakes at 1am
Asleep again by 1.30 - 2am
Awake again by 4am
Comes into bed with me and seems to chomp until sunrise.... :shock: :shock:
Snoozes on boob during the day.

I've started a terrible habit of biting my nails during the night feeds. Oscar does't want a dummy and I can't wait for him to start sucking his thumb properly!!!!!

I'm so tired and dreaming of Brad Pitt easing the pain!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Emilia xx

Right, here's my Big Plan.
Tonight, I want Brody to be in bed by 8 at the lastest.
I will bath him at 7
He can feed and play for the next hour... but at 8 I want him asleep in his crib.

Wish me luck!! I have a feeling the plan won't last 5 minutes but it's worth a go.

urchin said:
beanie said:

How long does a daytime feed take?
I think by letting Brody have 10 mins feeds in the day I may have turned him into a "snacker" He just pulls off after 10-15 mins, then 1/2 hour later will get a top up.

Sorry its taken me a while to reply. Seren feed for about 20 mins, sometimes has both boobies but I think that some of that is just comfort. I think she is also a snacky baby as I am rubbish at telling the difference between her cries and just presume she is hungrey. I am also giving the bedtime routine a whirl, Seren has a bath or wash, clean nappy and pjs. Into gro-bag, story then booby. She will then be put in her bed. She doesn't always settle at first so I sometimes have to rock her til she has calmed down, then she usually goes.It is usually about 8.30 - 9 before he is in bed so will also aim to get her there for 8pm. Good luck everyone, hope we all get a better nights sleep, especially you Emilia as I would hate to think of you there lying awake thinking of Brad Pitt :wink:

bubble_dreamer said:
beanie have you tried different types of dummies? my daughter wont touch any dummies apart from the mam silicone soothers if i attempt to give her any other dummy she spits it back out and wont take it! and has been like that from birth!

We have all sorts of dummies, latex, silicone, orthadontic or cherry, none will work. Need one like a booby :D

I'll Join you girls!

Heidi feeds every 3-4 hours all day/night. My HV tells me this is perfectly normal going by her age. So its 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, , 7pm, 10pm, 1am, 4am, etc etc - we are knackered!! :?

I did do another post about routines as my mate who has a little girl said it was the best thing she ever did. I tried to use the Gina Ford thing and
some of it was ok to implement but half of it was way to strict and Heidi couldnt stay up between feeds (as most newborns couldnt!!) and so it made the feeding thing go wrong and I ended up in tears of frustrations cos she wasnt doing what the book said!!! (sounds crap I know, but this is my first baby so I didnt know what to expect - i now know better - I just want the best for her and me and my O/H)

Plus, when do you know that they are not "to young" to be getting into a routine and are not just playing you up??!!!!

We started a bedtime routine - we start bath at 6 and then have a bottle then bed at 7. Some nights she goes stratight to sleep - other nights (like last night) she wouldnt settled no matter what we tried and didnt really go bed at all)

She is only on 4 ounces and doesnt really drink all that either - and she is almost 4 weeks old - im guessing this is ok? - so I think she is way to young to be going through the night yet.

L x

We have established a routine with matthew which has been goint on for the last couple of weeks, he has a bath normally 7.30 but if its obvious he's tired I make it earlier, then he gets ready for bed with his cot mobile on and we put him in his gro bag, then lights out with a crack of light from the landing to see what we are doing he's offered a bottle even if he's not long had one so he can top up, he normally starts to drift off and we put him down sometimes he whinges to himself then falls asleep othertimes he's out by a light then I only get woken once maybe twice to feed him last night he went from 8pm to 5am and then fell back asleep until 7 :D It seems to be working and I found keeping him up wasnt helping.

That sounds like a good routine - and I am going to offer more bottle too! it sounds like you started that routine at a similar age as to what - Heidi is now - so Im not starting too early then!?

The cot mobile also sounds good.

L x

eva is ready for bed but keeps falling asleep and i cant stop her :? you cant exactly keep them awake when their eyes are closing. was hoping she would last till 8pm or something.

let us know how it goes urchin

beanie said:
bubble_dreamer said:

We have all sorts of dummies, latex, silicone, orthadontic or cherry, none will work. Need one like a booby :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back