**The No Sleep Club**

Well I gave Seren a bath with lavender baby bath, rubbed lavender body oil on and put her in pj's and grobag. She had a feed and when she started to fall asleep i put her in her crib. She woke a bit and grizzled but I rubbed her tummy and went sshh, and by 8pm she was asleep. I hope to tell you what a great sleep I have had in the morning but won't hold my breath x

good luck beanie! have you tried the little me sleepy head range? i have found it brilliant!! ;)

That's the lavender and dill body lotion I used. I also treated Seren to the butterfly kisses. They smell so gorgeous, think I may borrow them x

Brody was also asleep in his crib by 8!
He had a bath just before 7, had a little play in his PJ's and a feed, then I popped him in his crib at 7.45 and lay on the bed next to him listening to him grizzling for a bit, then he went to sleep.
I just hope he doesn't wake up at 5am expecting to play!

What age did you all start your routines?

I am stuck in the middle by some people saying she is way to young and others saying "its never to early to start!"

L x

What routine??? Seriously I started the bedtime routine at about 6 weeks, just getting her used to it then moving it forward. Apart froma rough patch alast week she seems to be settling well. That's the only bit of routine that I do apart from we seem to have gotten into the habit of having an afternoon nap together :D

I wuldn't call it "routine".... more like "trial and error". Oscar not sleeping well at all, dispite trying some kind of routine. His bedtime is brilliant, but that's all. He wakes so much during the night.......... :( :( :(

Hope everyone else had a good sleep last night!! :wink:
Emilia xx
ps.... Beanie, Brad Pitt kept me up all night - phew, was some workout! Hope it reflects on the scales next week!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nope, Brody was asleep in his crib at 8, which was great, but then he woke at 12, 2, 4, 6...at 6 he was really awake too :?
Will try the early bed thing again tonight, and for the next week and see if he settles into it.
I'll do as much expressing today as I can and giving it him in a bottle at 7.30 and see if that helps.
After that I just don't know... he seem to be having a proper (if short) feed every time last night, so maybe I'm stuck like this until I start weaning. It's tempting to give him a bottle of forumla at night but I'll stick it out for now.

Lol Emilia, that pesky Brad Pitt ey???? :wink:

Well Seren went to sleep at 8 and didn't wake til 5am. Then again at 6 then 9 so am xchuffed about that, but not too hopeful it'll happen again. However have paid the price, woke up and I had leaked everywhere and I hink I have a blocked duct as one is very tender this morning. :(

eva fell asleep from 6-7pm doh!
the i tried to settle her at 9pm but by 10.30pm i gave in and brought her in the living room because she was getting herself all upset.
she was asleep by 11.30 and woke up at 3am, 5am, 6am, 7am and 9.30am

do you think she is still too little for a stricter bedtime routine?

I think she's a bit young. I'd say go with the flow. Try and keep some routine, but don't let it rule you and baby. Oscar has a bedtime routine, but that's it.
Don't worry - we're here to support you! :wink:
Emilia xx

My friend's baby goes to bed at 6.30...maybe if she is really tired put her in her cot when she falls asleep first time?
Routines are just a personal choice really... Brody hasn't really had what I would call a routine so far... He just used to go to bed when I did. Now he'll get a bath every night and be in bed by 8... at least until I can see if it's making him sleep longer!

If it still doesn't work I may as well keep him uo a bit later so my OH gets to see him...that's on thing I already feel a bit guilty about...hubby gets in about 7 some nights, so he won't see him as much. We spoke last night and now he will try and do the bath every night :)

Beanie - those hours sound like pure Bliss!!!!

They havent got a sleep deprivation Emoticons - so will use this one instead :shock: (its what I look like at the minute!!)

Heidi just thrown up all over her pram! (she was only in it because she'd thrown up in her bouncy chair this morning and it is still wet from being cleaned!) - the joys of motherhood!!!! :)

L x

I was having excatly the same problems & Aimee was just using the boob to comfort herself and snack when she wanted... Iv heard that this is a really bad thing to get into as they will expect it at night also if you let them during the day. The only way I could stop it was by switching to formular & have to say its the best decision I made. She's no saint at night and still wakes a couple of times for feeds but theres no snacking & at least I know how much she's getting. I only breast feed in the morning and once in the evening now. If you dont want to go to bottle feeding why dont you express it and feed her in the crib at night. ...? Only a suggestion that worked for me... I read somewhere that you should feed your baby at least one bottle a day so they get used to it or you end up with a bigger problem when you do stop breast feeding.
I was lucky mind, Aimee likes dummies & takes the bottle and breast.

Well my "routine" so far has been a disaster.
Tonight, yes it's 8pm and Brody is in bed BUT after expressing as much as I could today (a whole 7 oz :? ) I tried him with half of that in a bottle and he just wouldn't have it. I have tried him with a bottle before and he was fine with it... now a couple of weeks later he's just forgotton how to do it.
Eventually he had boob for 2 mins but was so exhausted from crying and freaking out about the bottle he went straight to sleep.
Now I have a baby who will wake up even MORE in the night, and a wasted few ozs of breastmilk that he could have had if it was still inside my boob!

a good time to use this new smiley I think: :wall:

I dont think that they are ever too young for a routine, even if they dont sleep well you should keep it up as they will eventualy get used to it. Matthew for the past 3 nights went down by 8pm and woke between 4.30 & 5am then went back to sleep until at least 7am Yay but he's taking bigger feeds in the day so assume his body is able to take more milk in one go and it means he has dropped a feed hope it continues, I cant imagine ever sleeping solidly through the night again! :D

I have an update since my last post!:

Brody stirred at around 10.15pm so I got him up and gave him more expressed out of a bottle. He gulped down about 3 oz which I was chuffed about, then had a bit more boob on top and went straight off again.

Then he woke at 3.30 and then 6.15, then 9.20, so we have definitley made some progress.(mason woke at 4 with a bad dream too but nevermind!) I don't have the school run today either so enjoyed having a bit of a lie in while Mason danced around to music videos downstairs.

I realised probably the reason Brody cried so much first time was not only was he tired, but cos I have only used the bottles once, and they are the ones that came with the steriliser, so they have a number 1 teat! poor Brody! I feel bad...he managed it fine second time but I'm gonna get some of those ones that look/feel more like a nipple today.

Urchin, i have found the tomee tipee ones really good, they have bumps all over them. Seren has prefered these ones since birth. Great to hear Brody had a more settled night and you got a lie in.

Seren was a little angel going to sleep last night, daddy put her in her crib as i was off out to a make up party. However she then woke at 1,3,6 and we got up at 8. not sure if it was because she knew i was there and wanted to feed (if i am away from her for a while all she wants to do is feed when i get back no matter how many bottles she has had).

beanie said:
Urchin, i have found the tomee tipee ones really good, they have bumps all over them.

Thanks will look in Mothercare today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back