no naps

Bunnykins

Reaction score
My Lo refuses to nap during the day, he hasn't done for about 4 weeks, I've tried laying him down somewhere quiet he just screams until he chokes and i have to pick him up, if he does nod off in my arms he's awake again 2mins later, by 11.30pm he is beside himself and so wingey then he eventually closes his eyes and is out for the entire night. I guess I shouldn't moan as he sleeps thru to morning but he used to nap a couple of hrs during the day and then go to bed at 10 and still sleep thru. I'm just worried going 13-14hrs without a nap at his age is harmful? I just don't see what choice I've got as he refuses to sleep.

Where do you put him to nap? And how long do you leave him to cry for? Could you put him in his cot or basket and at first sit beside it till he falls asleep and then eventually move further and further away from the cot until you don't need to sit with him anymore? Emily is a few months older than your LO but I've found she naps better in her cot, blinds closed, bedroom door shut. I do leave her to cry now although I probably wouldnhave found it harder when she was younger. I know alot of mums like to keep the place quite light for daytime naps but for Emily personally she really doesn't get a good nap unless I pull the blackout blinds down. It's hard because every baby is different. Maybe you could try some relaxing nquieter time before you put him down for a nap?

Good luck

X

Oh is he not going down to sleep till 11.30pm? Have you tried to start a bedtime routine, you could start one and then slowly move bedtime earlier and earlier.

X

Sometimes he falls asleep after a feed, I've tried moving him to his cot when he does this but he wakes up either as I lift him or if I do get him to his crib he is awake 2 or 3 mins after I leave him, I've tried forcing a nap by lying him in his crib when he's awake but tired but he immediately goes mental, I let him cry for 10 mins then go back and he's so inconsolable I have to feed him to calm him down, admittedly I don't persist with this as its so hard seeing him get like that so perhaps that's something I should try.
He used to go to bed at midnight and not a second before or after it was like a switch in him, then it gradually got earlier and earlier until we had it at 10pm but since he stopped napping its gone back to 11.30pm :( our routine is he feeds from me from about 7 on and off for an hour, then he has a bath at 8pm then into his jammies & sleep growbag, he then comes downstairs and feeds from me for another hour both boobs then I get too tired to feed and need a rest and he is still crying for more so he has a 5oz bottle then sits on daddy quietly for 10-15 mins (wide awake) then he crys for another feed and then feeds from me until he falls asleep, I put him straight in his crib, then he wakes up after 10mins screaming for another feed so I give him this in his nursery in the dark then he falls asleep on me again and I put him down and he then stays down until 9am the next morning and I collapse in a corner exhausted!!! This seems to be the only way we've found to get him down

Sounds a bit like Kynons evening routine except he wakes around 4am for another feed! I've just decided to go with what he wants and relax even if it means my evenings consist of bfing! Kynon does sleep in the day though and quite easily. Ive also found he really likes a night projector thing with a tune on it, it sometimes sends him off. Sorry no advice just want you to know your not alone x

Thanks hon, it does help knowing I'm not the only one, our boys could be twins!! I worry that its me doing something wrong that he feeds so much but I guess breastmilk doesn't fill them up for as long and mine is a fussy feeder he doesn't take much at each feed he messes about so it takes all day to feed him up!! I've been so tempted to give up and go on formula especially during his last growth spurt it nearly drove me insane!!! I've agreed with oh to get to 17.5 weeks soley bfing then start one formula a day from then at bedtime and slowly increase it until at 6 mths he's only on a morning feed from me then give up bf altogether when he's weaned.

Your doing great bunny, hang in there! Think our boys could be twins, we always have same issues!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back