The best toys you owned as a kid

I had the record player, in fact my mum still has it!

I really wanted the sindy house but never got it. I had an even older one which was just 4 bits of cards held together in the centre by a bit of plastic.

My all time favourite toy was this...

boot.jpg

I played with that for years. Long after I'd grown out of it! :oops:

I am a big lego fan too and would still happily build stuff for hours!

I also had this Barbie motorhome which was awesome, it was over 3 feet long and I saved up really hard for it (it was £25 I think which was a small fortune in the early eighties!) , it was amazing!

van.jpg

Urchin said:
That other thread is really sad, all " I really wanted one of these but never got one...."

So I made this thread where we can show the cool stuff we DID have!

Who had one of these?

9638_1.JPG

I did and it was GREAT I blummin' loved it!

And one of these

ab1b_1_b.JPG

:D:D

omg urchin i had the second one :D completely forgout about them.

i had cupcakes too, and polly pocket (used to collect them).

:eek: keepers. they were fantastic. i cant believe i forgot about them.

furbys i loved mine but dad kept taking the batters out to 'charge them' :twisted:

Minxy said:
And I loved my 'Snatch' bedding but I can't find a pic!

my sister had loads of snatch things. she still has the towel now lol

i used to collect these thigs, like little trinket boxes (really quite small) and different ones had different designs.

i loved my wind up clocky thing. played 'over the rainbow'

not a toy as such, but liked playing double dutch.

tiny tears and tiny tim twin dolls! best christmas ever when i saw santa had brought me those. i also go a baby shivers but always wanted baby expressions, now i have my very own!! :cheer:

Favorite toy ever... Was Floppy... :cheer:

100_1444.jpg

I don't have a proper picture of him, but you can see his legs on my lap in the picture... :rotfl:

He was my best friend, I told him all my secrets and I still have him :)

My mum knitted him for my after my sister died and he became my little soul mate...

Squiglet said:
Favorite toy ever... Was Floppy... :cheer:

100_1444.jpg

I don't have a proper picture of him, but you can see his legs on my lap in the picture... :rotfl:

He was my best friend, I told him all my secrets and I still have him :)

My mum knitted him for my after my sister died and he became my little soul mate...

You could be Tia sitting there!

Aww Squiglet that's lovely!!

I had a teddy called Fred who I loved and probably had til i was about 20.

He was my first teddy i got when i was born, i had to throw him away because he couldn't have been sewn up anymore and he smelled a bit iffy and he'd lost an eye.

Wish i'd kept him now.

You can tell we're the same age, we had all the same stuff :lol:

I loved my Girl's World
girls20world20palitoy20boxed.jpg

And my 4 storey Sindy house
sindy20house202.jpg
[/quote]

i had that Sindy house and that same Girls World, use to love the blue eye shadow, and doesnt the hair in the middle pull out.

If anyone can name this toy you will get bonus points :D I wanted a simple simon when i was younger, where it flashes lights and you have to repeat it in the correct order, but i didnt get one, i got a toy it was the same sort of thing but it was red and the shape of it was sort of like an early mobile phone, the big heavy things. please help i have been trying to remember the name of this for ages.

Tara & Liam said:
If anyone can name this toy you will get bonus points :D I wanted a simple simon when i was younger, where it flashes lights and you have to repeat it in the correct order, but i didnt get one, i got a toy it was the same sort of thing but it was red and the shape of it was sort of like an early mobile phone, the big heavy things. please help i have been trying to remember the name of this for ages.

A speak and spell?? :think:

wpe5.jpg

no not speak and spell :(

it was red with black buttons and it was slimmer and there was a main keypad bit in middle then there was another part at the top at an angle and the same at the bottom, so it sort of resembed a telephone. i am sure that it was like the Simon game though. it flashed red lights on the keypad and you had to repeat the sequence.

Tara & Liam said:

I loved my Girl's World

sindy20house202.jpg

i had that Sindy house and that same Girls World, use to love the blue eye shadow, and doesnt the hair in the middle pull out.[/quote]

yes i cut all my girls world dolls hair off! mine was blond

aww yes I loved my big yellow teapot! there was one in the kiddies bit in the doctors waiting room not long ago - i was tempted to play with it. :D
oh and i had a keyper - i remember taking it into school to show it off!

Cara now has OH's old Parsley teddy bear from The Herbs that his nan knitted him. :D

Tara & Liam said:

I loved my Girl's World

sindy20house202.jpg

i had that Sindy house and that same Girls World, use to love the blue eye shadow, and doesnt the hair in the middle pull out.[/quote]

i had the girls world!! i cut all her hair off and wondered why it wouldnt grow back. i did the same with my barbie dolls, my mum used to go mad.

did anybody ever have the secret something shoes from clarks with the key in? i vaguely remember these but i know i used to get so excited when it was new school term and my nana would take me for some.

i thinkthey still do them

i never had the shoes with keys in them, but when i was at school i had to wear Clarks shoes and they were really nasty then.

i think they have toys in them.

Tara & Liam said:
i never had the shoes with keys in them, but when i was at school i had to wear Clarks shoes and they were really nasty then.

i think they have toys in them.

I had to wear firm and sensible Clarks shoes to school too - although opposite the Clarks shop was Kays which was the Clarks seconds shop which was where we got our shoes from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back